Need to vent - shaking with fury | ExpatWoman.com

Need to vent - shaking with fury

Latest post on 08 November 2013 - 04:42
Best wishes for a wonderful day TDB. May Allah bless you and your family. Don't stop posting because of a few nasty women. There are many more of us (I hope I am one) who are decent women, sharing their feelings, experiences, and ideas as well as, at times, asking for help. We are an interesting community, we expat women. Very nicely put mrsb and yes your posts have I am sure helped many..:)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 08 November 2013 - 00:27
Best wishes for a wonderful day TDB. May Allah bless you and your family. Don't stop posting because of a few nasty women. There are many more of us (I hope I am one) who are decent women, sharing their feelings, experiences, and ideas as well as, at times, asking for help. We are an interesting community, we expat women.
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 22:57
Sending warm and heartfelt wishes your way TDB. Have a lovely day. x <em>edited by Alismum on 07/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 22:33
All the best for tomorrow TDB, hope you have a wonderful day.
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 19:33
Didn't see the posts causing such upset and I can't imagine anyone using the heartbreak of a miscarriage to be nasty! One of my DH's uncles turned up at our DD's wedding wearing the same old brown jumper he wears day in day out. He'd pulled a half dead rose and stuck it in his equally shabby ancient jacket and sat scowling all day long! We just shook our heads smiling as uncle Ben is in his eighties and a typical grumpy old man. Once he'd eaten his meal, he wanted to go home! Have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute. x Sorry a bit of a drift...... JoyceB your story brings back memories of my Pop he was just like ' uncle Ben ' .Gran used to go mental when he would refuse to polish the back of his shoes..' Who the heck sees the back anyway ' and off he would go in his tatty jumper, stained cap and frayed jacket, pipe clenched ,to weddings, funerals and the like...... All the while he had a whole row of new suits in moth balls in the cupboard, loved him to bits though.
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 17:42
all the best for tomorrow TDB... may the universe be yours! :) god bless!
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 17:33
Have a lovely wedding day, TDB.. will be thinking of the blushing (not shaking) bride tomorrow xxx
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 14:21
Good luck and best wishes for tomorrow TDB - hope you have an amazing day.
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 14:15
TDB, have a wonderful time tomorrow, I hope your day is everything you want it to be :) I agree with you. and then trying to backpedal by saying it wasn't meant to be mean (wtf?) Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow TDB, at least you won't have to worry about the weather :D That's if the English relatives can cope with the "heat" ;)
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 14:06
TDB, have a wonderful time tomorrow, I hope your day is everything you want it to be :) I agree with you. and then trying to backpedal by saying it wasn't meant to be mean (wtf?) Wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow TDB, at least you won't have to worry about the weather :D
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 13:32
Didn't see the posts causing such upset and I can't imagine anyone using the heartbreak of a miscarriage to be nasty! One of my DH's uncles turned up at our DD's wedding wearing the same old brown jumper he wears day in day out. He'd pulled a half dead rose and stuck it in his equally shabby ancient jacket and sat scowling all day long! We just shook our heads smiling as uncle Ben is in his eighties and a typical grumpy old man. Once he'd eaten his meal, he wanted to go home! Have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute. x
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 12:07
TDB, have a wonderful time tomorrow, I hope your day is everything you want it to be :)
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 10:30
TDB, I just logged in to send you loads and loads of good wishes for tomorrow... You have more admirers and well-wishers on this forum than 'stalkers', and each one of us are sending across positive vibes for your special day. Relax, and enjoy your blessing with your gorgeous little girl and DH. We hope that next time when you post, it will be to gush about how great your blessing was... with all the funny anecdotes and faux pas included! xoxo N <em>edited by nams_new on 07/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 23:35
Well, if TDB wasn't shaking with fury then, she is now!!!
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 23:03
Big congratulations and best wishes for friday TDB...Hope everything goes out smoothly for you. When you need calmness just look at your child's smiling face.. :) Wasn't about to jump into this argument but why do people need to post if they cannot help others.(have too much time on their hands? ) I miss old EW. it used to be so informative and interactive..
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:29
well, if I was getting wed (so to speak) on Friday I sure as he!! wouldn't be stuck here putting up with this cr p ...reckon the pair of them should go off and get seriously hammered...figuratively in TDB's case lol Won't hear a dicky bird from either of us for the next few days, as indeed, we will both be getting hammered on sparkling date juice and LOVE :)
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:27
well, if I was getting wed (so to speak) on Friday I sure as he!! wouldn't be stuck here putting up with this cr p ...reckon the pair of them should go off and get seriously hammered...figuratively in TDB's case lol
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:26
Only TDB has Bridesmaid duties that ask for your best moves fending off Expat Dragon posters. She must ask that you slay a dragon or two as Matron in return. HAHAH, It was a fleeting comment yesterday and I came on here for a nose, I'm very protective...TDB never asked me to come on here, I just got red in the face and had to see what the fire breathing dragons where saying! :p.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:23
Only TDB has Bridesmaid duties that ask for your best moves fending off Expat Dragon posters. She must ask that you slay a dragon or two as Matron in return.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:20
A great big hug to you TDB you really do not need to explain yourself to anyone just please enjoy your day and maybe share with us one day..... she already does - as guest blogger on a brides website :D Sorry but being a granny I don't usually visit brides websites ....:) ROFL !!!
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:20
A great big hug to you TDB you really do not need to explain yourself to anyone just please enjoy your day and maybe share with us one day..... she already does - as guest blogger on a brides website :D Oh yes, I know that website, It's brilliant! ;)
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:16
TDB, it seems you have at least picked an excellent bridesmaid, that should go a long way! Maybe go and buy a couple of very nice (read expensive) bottles of wine to be enjoyed once The Dangerous Baby has made his or her appearance into the world. [i'>[/i'>
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:15
A great big hug to you TDB you really do not need to explain yourself to anyone just please enjoy your day and maybe share with us one day..... she already does - as guest blogger on a brides website :D Sorry but being a granny I don't usually visit brides websites ....:)
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:13
A great big hug to you TDB you really do not need to explain yourself to anyone just please enjoy your day and maybe share with us one day..... she already does - as guest blogger on a brides website :D
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:06
OK ladies, Bridesmaid chiming in here. I'm also getting married in 2 weeks in Dubai, and TDB is my Maid of 'dishonor' he-he and me her Bridesmaid, unfortunately because we have both been caught up in our own wedding planning, amongst taking care of babies, launching new businesses and all the other stuff life throws are you, we haven’t really been able to take much burden off one another, but we have done our best considering we don’t have any family here to assist, and have other rather large responsibilities on top....I’ve seen TDB plan this day for the past year and she has been calm, collected, organized and quite frankly, I’ve been really impressed. It's simply a culmination of things towards the end that has led to a 'rant'...for goodness sake, I cannot stand these 'perfect' women who state stuff like "oooh I just popped my baby out" and “ooooh I panned my wedding with such ease, I was so ZEN, why be a Bridezilla?" - Well good for you, but some of us are normal women, who feel overwhelmed at times and if I'm honest, I have experienced firsthand the inconsiderate nature of people during the wedding planning process, it's FINE to get a little annoyed about it now and then! Seriously, give her a break! I also run a business where I speak to brides daily and TRUST me, TDB is not alone! But yes, all you can do now my gorgeous one, is let it be… you have done so much and now is your time to relax and let others take over. NOW, MY LOVELY BRIDE, RELAX, ENJOY, the weather is stunning and it will be wonderful. I'm here, as are your other BM's and we will not let a thing get you down! It will be amazing and sod all these nasty dragons laying into you....No wonder I don’t come on this forum, don't know why you bother. Love you and cannot wait to see you and Mr DB 2 moro and on Fri xx PS: Thanks to all the non-judgmental, understanding ladies who have provided some kind of encouragement or at the least ‘constructive critic’.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 22:05
A great big hug to you TDB you really do not need to explain yourself to anyone just please enjoy your day and maybe share with us one day.....
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 21:20
Elephant memory, does wake you and shake things up.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 20:59
Can barely believe I just read that post down the page; how utterly spiteful. TDB I hope you have a lovely day. Just remember in 50 years you will want to look at the photos of you two together and recall what a happy day it was; try to let all the nonsense go over your head :) You'll have a fabulous time I'm sure!
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 19:57
TDB, first up , yes hun you are being a bit of a bridezilla ;), but no more than any other bride who has put in a tremendous amount of unrecognised effort into an important day and feels like no one else takes it seriously. I was EXACTLY the same in regards to my wedding, I got very caught up in the dress code and in trying to control a lot of details which in retrospect were not as important as they felt at the time. I think a lot of it was I organised my wedding all on my own, my husband didn't help much besides vetoing things, my bridemaids were unmarried, wedding phobic and only interested in what they wore (or didn't wear), my mum lived a long way away and had some other stuff going on which meant she couldn't really come and help, it really sucked a lot of the fun out of it all, shopping for a dress alone, choosing flowers, tasting cakes, this sort of thing is all fun when done with your best friends, when done alone it just feels like work. Anyway, as a wedding photographer I have seen my share of stressed out Brides, and my advice is really DELEGATE. Put someone else in charge of answering all these questions and organising your guests, give contact details of a bridesmaid, groomsman, MC or reliable relative. Be a little bit late (I usually keep in cellphone contact with my brides pre ceremony and have been known to send the wedding car around the block a few times to deal with late guests/celebrants. Accept that your flowers, hair and makeup will probably not be quite what you asked for but that no one else will know. Lots of stuff will go wrong on the day but it will be a great day none the less. The fact that you are already married will make your guests take this day less seriously, not fair, but fact. The only person that can really ruin this day for you is YOU, and I mean that in a kind spirited way because I have also read your posts over the years and you seem like a level headed, thoughtful, reasonable person who has actually been through quite a lot. (still can not believe some thought it important to bring that up) and has a lot on her plate as it is. empower yourself, take care of yourself and enjoy YOUR day, you can not control your guests and their lack of respect for your day does not translate to lack of love for you, don't take it that way. Final advice (which I always give my couples) take a few minutes out at some point and sneak off together as a couple (or with your daughter too, weddings where there are already children always take on a beautiful family feel which I personally feel is more about what marriage is really about) away from social obligations and everybody else, and reflect on this being YOUR day together. I really regret not doing that on my wedding day. Have a wonderful wedding, hugs and kisses Emmaxxxx
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 19:03
Im still laughing at the title.........shaking with fury LOL

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY