Eau de parfum for a very special occassion... | ExpatWoman.com

Eau de parfum for a very special occassion...

Latest post on 19 November 2013 - 11:57
Thank you to each of you, who have taken the time to suggest. I did go and try out some of the suggested ones and some are yet to be done. I shall let you ladies know which perfume I finally selected. Many thanks again and wish you all a great day!
Latest post on 09 November 2013 - 08:18
Hi RT, yes, it does have a hint of jasmine, it's a very unusual fragrance bad as you say its impossible to get it out if your mind once you try it...it really is an addictive smell.
Latest post on 08 November 2013 - 08:26
I was recently walking past Bloomingdales and was asked if I would like to try one of the Tom Ford perfumes they were promoting. Within the hour I had returned to buy the perfume I tried as the scent was amazing. Apparently it's their best seller they can't keep it on the shelves, it's White Suede very unusual and memorable. Noir et noir also by Tom Ford is very nice. Im also a fan of Jo Malone and Coco by Chanel ( my husbands favorite) Hope your special scent is memorable when you discover it. Let us know what it was :) By any chance did it have strong notes of jasmine? I had the exact same experience, couldn't get the fragrance out of my head, didn't go back though :(
Latest post on 08 November 2013 - 08:09
I was recently walking past Bloomingdales and was asked if I would like to try one of the Tom Ford perfumes they were promoting. Within the hour I had returned to buy the perfume I tried as the scent was amazing. Apparently it's their best seller they can't keep it on the shelves, it's White Suede very unusual and memorable. Noir et noir also by Tom Ford is very nice. Im also a fan of Jo Malone and Coco by Chanel ( my husbands favorite) Hope your special scent is memorable when you discover it. Let us know what it was :)
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 11:11
I am such an odd one with this - I must be the only person who doesnt find Chanel No 5 as sophisticated as everyone else. It smells too heavy and 'dated' to me - similar in range to what was in vogue back in the 70's. I wonder if anyone else feels the same? Funnily enough I love Issey Miyake which isnt new but doesnt smell 'old' iykwim, and also Cool Water Davidoff or Aqua di Gio. They are fresh, water based scents, though, so not very evening wear for some, but still works for me. I do love Pleasures from your list, OP. Tell us what you went with! edited by Redrec Tangle on 06/11/2013 I agree regarding the Chanel Number 5, it reminds me of my Grandma <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 07/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 10:16
Amouage Ciel - gorgeous, unfortunately out of my price range
Latest post on 07 November 2013 - 02:18
For my 40th birthday I was given Eau d'Amouage, a traditional Middle East perfume with ingredients such as agarwood, incense, musk, rose and spices and have loved it ever since. Other old time favourites for me are Chanel 5 perfume or J'Adore.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 23:33
Idylle by Guerlain and J'adore by Dior are my favourites!
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 23:11
I've just added Pure Poison by Dior to my perfume collection. It's very flowery, a strong jasmine scent and very "pure". I don't like the rest of the Poison range but adore this fragrance and it's very well complimented on when I wear it.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 21:35
I prefer no.19 - lighter
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 21:11
I am such an odd one with this - I must be the only person who doesnt find Chanel No 5 as sophisticated as everyone else. It smells too heavy and 'dated' to me - similar in range to what was in vogue back in the 70's. I wonder if anyone else feels the same? Funnily enough I love Issey Miyake which isnt new but doesnt smell 'old' iykwim, and also Cool Water Davidoff or Aqua di Gio. They are fresh, water based scents, though, so not very evening wear for some, but still works for me. I do love Pleasures from your list, OP. Tell us what you went with! <em>edited by Redrec Tangle on 06/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 19:33
Chance by Chanel - the original 'Tendre', not the 'Fraiche' one they introduced a couple of years ago. I buy the atomiser which comes with two refills. Ideal if you want to take it out in your bag. Also like Guilty by Gucci.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:56
I'm with everyone who suggested Chanel No.5 Can't go wrong with it...
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:31
Based on your taste I would recommend: Bulgari - Mon Jasmin Noir Lancome - Miracle Estee Lauder - Sensuous the Bulgari would be my first choice. It is sophisticated but still fresh and not overpowering.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:20
Agree with those who suggested a classic.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:10
I love Amarige by Givenchy...Chanel no 5 and Coco Chanel...Issey Miyake... Issey so old school but still a classic :-)
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:09
I love Amarige by Givenchy...Chanel no 5 and Coco Chanel...Issey Miyake...
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:08
Some of the Jo Malone scents are very unusual - one or two of them I don't like but others are lovely. Apparently Kate Middleton wore the lime and basil one for her wedding! It is lovely to have a scent that reminds you of an occasion - I actually quickly spritzed on some of my sister's perfume (Coco Mademoiselle) as I was about to leave for the church on my wedding day as had forgotten to put my own into my bag and now whenever I smell it I am instantly reminded of my wedding day, lovely. I second Jo Malone scents they are unusual and smell beautiful
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 10:04
Some of the Jo Malone scents are very unusual - one or two of them I don't like but others are lovely. Apparently Kate Middleton wore the lime and basil one for her wedding! It is lovely to have a scent that reminds you of an occasion - I actually quickly spritzed on some of my sister's perfume (Coco Mademoiselle) as I was about to leave for the church on my wedding day as had forgotten to put my own into my bag and now whenever I smell it I am instantly reminded of my wedding day, lovely.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 09:17
I just purchased the new Carolina Herrera one and it's light, airy, and lasts a long time! It's called Sublime and is in a purple bottle.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 09:14
Chanel No 5 I know it's been around for a long time, but for a special occasion I wouldn't use anything else
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 08:44
Thank you FD, yes I agree. Love Escape on others but ain't for my skin. Oopsiedaisy your suggestion is unique but it would be over whelming for me to do this exercise. EWers, if you all can share which are your fav perfumes, that will help me to try out please. Truly grateful.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 08:24
Perfumes are very personal. Since it is a special occasion, why not go to one of the oud shops and have your own made exactly to your taste?
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 08:22
It's hard to recommend anything as perfumes smell different on different people, depending on the acidity of their skin. One might smell lovely on one person can be absolutely vile on another. You're best bet is to try lots of different ones out - and don't forget the coffee beans to 'cleanse' the nose.
Latest post on 06 November 2013 - 08:18
Good morning ladies, I need your help please. A very important and a special occassion in my life is taking place soon. I wish to select a parfum that I shall remember for years to come which will relate and remind me of this occassion. Generally I wear, Pleasures, Light Blue, Beauty by CK, 5th Avenue, White Diamonds. I wanna buy a new one dedicated to this occassion... would you mind suggesting me something different please? It's got to be for evening wear please. Many thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY