investigate before you board you animals in shelter | ExpatWoman.com

investigate before you board you animals in shelter

Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 08:36

...Doggies Palace. Thank you Gulf News. So..be sure you can pay your bill otherwise they might just DESTROY ie: KILL yourdogs.
http://m.gulfnews.com/news/uae/general/dog-shelter-had-our-pets-killed-o...

at least they could ask animal groups to rehome the dogs...

Latest post on 26 January 2014 - 10:06
Hi, Hope you were able to work out your situation if not just wanted to let you know Critter Sitters Dubai is run by an American expat. You can check out her details at her FB page for Critter Sitters Dubai or email her at [email protected]. Hope this helps...
Latest post on 25 January 2014 - 15:50
Thank you to Dolly x
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 19:10
I actually know a great pet sitter. Email me at [email protected] and I'll give you her details.
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 18:22
He's an older boy loves his own space would be better off at home than a foster .Oh dear finding a private pet sitter is really hard
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 17:08
what about your friends fostering your dog? he'll have company and not have separation anxiety
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 17:06
It was just a thought as although ours sleep all day, I would much rather they were with people most of the time, you never know what can happen. And that was just one out of a number of kennels. Majority are wonderful <em>edited by Geordie expat on 23/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 17:04
Unfortunately no i have heard such horror stories about kennels i prefer a private pet sitter who will come home and check on our dog. He loves to sleep all day .
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 16:57
Hiya would someone be able to help..Wehave to go away for a week urgently and do not want to leave our dog in a kennel .Would someone be able to help with a contact of a private pet sitter we are looking for someone to come home and check on our dog feed him and walk him once. Please give me some idea about the rates for a private pet sitter .Thanks much x Would you not rather your dog was somewhere like Positive Paws for the week and not on his own for a week?
Latest post on 23 January 2014 - 16:52
Hiya would someone be able to help..Wehave to go away for a week urgently and do not want to leave our dog in a kennel .Would someone be able to help with a contact of a private pet sitter we are looking for someone to come home and check on our dog feed him and walk him once. Please give me some idea about the rates for a private pet sitter .Thanks much x
Latest post on 08 January 2014 - 12:14
Endless complaints with this company , I do HOPE they are closed down. When we're dealing with a living soul, it's not only about business and money. How bleeping naive, Nath! So, who should foot the bill, huh???? The owners are responsible for the welfare of their pets & they are not the victims here. It is the 4 dead dogs! I am a Vet Nurse with 17 years in the business & the amount of times clients have expected a freebie or a discount because they had a rescue or were currently on hard times!!! well, BooHoo, but I too have mouths to feed, school fees to pay etc etc etc…. You don't see my ferrari out the front of the clinic! If you cannot afford 4 dogs, then you shouldn't have 4 dogs… And boarding them long term is a really naff financial decision! Wow please let us know where you work, so we can avoid your unfeeling heart at all costs! And actually, many vets here DO give discounts for people who have rescued animals.
Latest post on 07 January 2014 - 22:01
Endless complaints with this company , I do HOPE they are closed down. When we're dealing with a living soul, it's not only about business and money. How bleeping naive, Nath! So, who should foot the bill, huh???? The owners are responsible for the welfare of their pets & they are not the victims here. It is the 4 dead dogs! I am a Vet Nurse with 17 years in the business & the amount of times clients have expected a freebie or a discount because they had a rescue or were currently on hard times!!! well, BooHoo, but I too have mouths to feed, school fees to pay etc etc etc…. You don't see my ferrari out the front of the clinic! If you cannot afford 4 dogs, then you shouldn't have 4 dogs… And boarding them long term is a really naff financial decision!
Latest post on 22 November 2013 - 10:16
I cannot see a point to any of the discussion. I feel dreadfully sorry for all concerned, but more so for the business owners, and quite honestly I would be taking the animal owners to court to settle the final dues. Running a business here is difficult, especially when people talk to the media and use a tug line, like pets being put to sleep. We don't need to know the dogs names or get personal in any way. They did not honor the contract, it is simple. I home that once their baby is born that they can see the difference between human and animal.
Latest post on 22 November 2013 - 09:33
Wow, just wow Lolacat - are you seriously equating a monetary value to a LIFE?! You post has to be one of THE most uncompassionate I have ever seen. And the old chestnut 'there are other more important issues' - what and people are incapable of discussing and caring about more than one thing? Shame. Fairydust, i ran businesses involving animals for years and faced these same issues, i have little sympathy for those who dump their animals or debtors. As i have just spent over 5 k at the vets last week saving one of my rescue cats from poisoning I would hardly believe i am not compassionate when it comes to animal welfare. However, i am able to prioritize and this "case" in the scheme of the worlds issues is IMHO is seriously at the bottom of the list. It is not an animal welfare case, the animals are dead. If so many were concerned then why did they not step froward and pay the bill prior to this or rehome the animals? The answer lays within the story. I totally see your point and as I asked previously, why did the owners not ask for help earlier - all this could have been avoided to begin with. I still don't think the whole story is being told.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:50
If they are, they shouldn't be talking to the press; it's not our job to decide that we shouldn't talk about it - they've already put it out into the big-wide-world. It's too late to worry about who discusses what. I don't remember seeing her post about this previously, I must have missed it. I assume it was about her dog being euthanised? [b'>I think your last paragraph sums it up perfectly, though[/b'>. yes there was a big thread where she posted her phone number leading to some unfortunate detective work by Whistling Babu... really ? I thought it was a bit pointless myself.... Ah, I didn't see that thread. Yes, really. lol.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:28
If they are, they shouldn't be talking to the press; it's not our job to decide that we shouldn't talk about it - they've already put it out into the big-wide-world. It's too late to worry about who discusses what. I don't remember seeing her post about this previously, I must have missed it. I assume it was about her dog being euthanised? [b'>I think your last paragraph sums it up perfectly, though[/b'>. yes there was a big thread where she posted her phone number leading to some unfortunate detective work by Whistling Babu... really ? I thought it was a bit pointless myself....
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:23
[ Can we honestly see a case involving animals being won by the owners in this country - no!. No because they can not afford one, simple. Are you referring to the couple in question or Joe public? Who are you to say some can and some can't afford - it's the wasted time of the system and outcome as to why people do not follow through.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:18
[ Can we honestly see a case involving animals being won by the owners in this country - no!. No because they can not afford one, simple.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:12
Just a minor point, but if the couple are planning on a legal case should the whys and wherefores be discussed on a public forum ? What happened to her thread last week ? (what was left after the OP deleted half of it...) I think there is too much rumour and speculation on both sides... impossible to know the truth of the matter... Can we honestly see a case involving animals being won by the owners in this country - no!. DP has surely enough negativity publicity to close down due to lack of concern- again, should this be the truth. People will make their own decisions as to board their animals any further or not. I may seem harsh and strong in my opinions but everything here is to do with money (I suppose like any other country) but where lives are concerned, it angers me. People die neglected by hospitals, by other authorities and the first plan of action is sue! It does nothing IMHO - no one wins but lawyers in majority of cases. These poor dogs died needlessly regardless of what can be believed. <em>edited by Eleanorah on 21/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:09
If they are, they shouldn't be talking to the press; it's not our job to decide that we shouldn't talk about it - they've already put it out into the big-wide-world. It's too late to worry about who discusses what. I don't remember seeing her post about this previously, I must have missed it. I assume it was about her dog being euthanised? I think your last paragraph sums it up perfectly, though.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 20:02
Just a minor point, but if the couple are planning on a legal case should the whys and wherefores be discussed on a public forum ? What happened to her thread last week ? (what was left after the OP deleted half of it...) I think there is too much rumour and speculation on both sides... impossible to know the truth of the matter...
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 19:31
Wow, just wow Lolacat - are you seriously equating a monetary value to a LIFE?! You post has to be one of THE most uncompassionate I have ever seen. And the old chestnut 'there are other more important issues' - what and people are incapable of discussing and caring about more than one thing? Shame. Fairydust, i ran businesses involving animals for years and faced these same issues, i have little sympathy for those who dump their animals or debtors. As i have just spent over 5 k at the vets last week saving one of my rescue cats from poisoning I would hardly believe i am not compassionate when it comes to animal welfare. However, i am able to prioritize and this "case" in the scheme of the worlds issues is IMHO is seriously at the bottom of the list. It is not an animal welfare case, the animals are dead. If so many were concerned then why did they not step froward and pay the bill prior to this or rehome the animals? The answer lays within the story. The answer does not lay within the story. What a load of drivel. It apparently states how much they were able to pay and did pay on certain occasions. Moreover, it clearly lies that DP seems to have lied (in the owners opinion) to sending the dogs to the DM when they had no records of ever receiving - who knows what to believe. It's hearsay from one side to the other. Obviously Lolacat, from the tone of your previous post, that you were into profit from animals - sorry if that offends, but your words are clear. No sympathy, no nothing. Your posting has infuriated me and I have written with anger at disrespect to the quote 'animals that are dead - Khalas'. I agree with Fairydust - the most uncompassionate posting I have ever read.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 19:10
Wow, just wow Lolacat - are you seriously equating a monetary value to a LIFE?! You post has to be one of THE most uncompassionate I have ever seen. And the old chestnut 'there are other more important issues' - what and people are incapable of discussing and caring about more than one thing? Shame. Fairydust, i ran businesses involving animals for years and faced these same issues, i have little sympathy for those who dump their animals or debtors. As i have just spent over 5 k at the vets last week saving one of my rescue cats from poisoning I would hardly believe i am not compassionate when it comes to animal welfare. However, i am able to prioritize and this "case" in the scheme of the worlds issues is IMHO is seriously at the bottom of the list. It is not an animal welfare case, the animals are dead. If so many were concerned then why did they not step froward and pay the bill prior to this or rehome the animals? The answer lays within the story.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 18:57
It once again boils down to commitment to your pets. While in DXB and fostering I came across so many folk who because they felt sorry for the animals just kept on taking more and more in not thinking long term.When the doodie hit the fan said animals were just turfed out or just left on the street. Now I am not saying this couple just left the animals on the street but at some point you HAVE to take responsibility for your own animals and it seems in this case they were hoping against hope that the co would just continue to look after the dogs. This being said the boarding kennels could have been more humane and I am sure would have been able to have the dogs taken over by any no of rescue organizations. What upsets me is what they went though before they were put down, months in the kennels away from their homes and then a trip to death row. I have had to make VERY hard decisions about my pets in the past that nearly broke my heart BUT I made those decisions because there was no other alternative ,the difference was that I was with the fur baby till the end, I owed at least that to them.:'( [b'>I agree Nomad . However, it is not known to what length the owner of the kennel did go to try to re home these dogs or who he spoke to about them, or what communications were made between the involved parties; far too much assumption and comment based on speculation. It is stated on here that a rescue organization already uses this facility so basic 101 logic would dictate that there would have been some communication about this issue. It is stated the dogs were not rehomeable, who is to actually know or prove any different to that at this point in time?
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 18:57
Wow, just wow Lolacat - are you seriously equating a monetary value to a LIFE?! You post has to be one of THE most uncompassionate I have ever seen. And the old chestnut 'there are other more important issues' - what and people are incapable of discussing and caring about more than one thing? Shame.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 18:56
I don't think it is right to write about the owners of either the dogs or the boarding kennel on a public forum for many reasons. Saying that, there is a thing called contraception, there is a registry office and many weddings that do not need the facilities of a fancy hotel and there are laws protecting business from debtors. Whilst on an emotional level one may believe an animal is priceless from a business perspective a rescue dog is worth nothing on paper. Once a debt reaches beyond the defined level of value of goods then it normally becomes the property of the company owed the debt. Most business will have placed contracts in place stating this, even without not many courts would disagree. The owner of the business has every right to sell or do as he see fits in order to regain costs lost. What is the case exactly here? Seriously what is it? What will a legal case gain, resurrection of 4 dogs from the grave? The dogs are gone the kennel owner has lost several thousands of Dhs and the owners, well i' not exactly not sure from the information posted on here. There are thousands of issues going on in the world that deserve far more print ink than this one. True about fighting a case against the kennels.....figure of 50 k being kicked about.....can you imagine how much that would help rescue groups,it certainly won't bring these fur babies back.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 18:51
I don't think it is right to write about the owners of either the dogs or the boarding kennel on a public forum for many reasons. Saying that, there is a thing called contraception, there is a registry office and many weddings that do not need the facilities of a fancy hotel and there are laws protecting business from debtors. Whilst on an emotional level one may believe an animal is priceless from a business perspective a rescue dog is worth nothing on paper. Once a debt reaches beyond the defined level of value of goods then it normally becomes the property of the company owed the debt. Most business will have placed contracts in place stating this, even without not many courts would disagree. The owner of the business has every right to sell or do as he see fits in order to regain costs lost. What is the case exactly here? Seriously what is it? What will a legal case gain, resurrection of 4 dogs from the grave? The dogs are gone the kennel owner has lost several thousands of Dhs and the owners, well i' not exactly not sure from the information posted on here. There are thousands of issues going on in the world that deserve far more print ink than this one.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 18:40
It once again boils down to commitment to your pets. While in DXB and fostering I came across so many folk who because they felt sorry for the animals just kept on taking more and more in not thinking long term.When the doodie hit the fan said animals were just turfed out or just left on the street. Now I am not saying this couple just left the animals on the street but at some point you HAVE to take responsibility for your own animals and it seems in this case they were hoping against hope that the co would just continue to look after the dogs. This being said the boarding kennels could have been more humane and I am sure would have been able to have the dogs taken over by any no of rescue organizations. What upsets me is what they went though before they were put down, months in the kennels away from their homes and then a trip to death row. I have had to make VERY hard decisions about my pets in the past that nearly broke my heart BUT I made those decisions because there was no other alternative ,the difference was that I was with the fur baby till the end, I owed at least that to them.:'( <em>edited by Nomad on 21/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 17:37
their wedding was this year in august (at least as per their fb posts) and in Hilton jumeirah (where the per head cost is just around AED 130 which is hardly lavish... saw some pics of the venue on their albums and all the décor couldn't have cost them more than 1000 bucks... I know the typical suppliers most of these goan/mangy catholic weddings use... anyway... since u know them you obviously know much more than me as I'm just basing stuff for the social media sites and posts... as per the guy's sister or sister-in-law (cant remember who now) they couple used to visit the dogs almost every week so not sure if that's true or not I don't agree with them asking for money for the legal battle... but am really hoping some kind lawyer offers to take up the case probono... it won't bring the pets back but at least it may save some other animals from the same misery...
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 17:22
HorizonMum2 - I happen to know the family is question. They had a lavish wedding last year in dubai and husband started a company the same time. Honestly, if they truly loved their pets, they would have sacrificed and lived in any other cheaper emirate to keep them safe. I know many who are doing so in this crazy dubai rental market now. There are many concerned animal lovers who have approached this family and these people are of the belief there is something weird cooking up.... The family are asking the public for AED 55K for a legal battle when they themselves were unresponsive to the kennel managements various forms of correspondence. When asked if they visited their dogs at the kennel ever, there has been no response. I still stand by what I had posted in the beginning, Doggies Palace needs to be shut down as one cannot condone the killing of 4 dogs when there were other alternatives.
Latest post on 21 November 2013 - 16:24
lolacat... I understand that the shelter is a business and like all other businesses has costs to run... the news-worthiness of this article is in the fact that the four lives (albeit being pets) were not strays... they belonged to someone... someone who was paying the bills (even though it was intermittent)... relate it to hospitals... where comatose people are kept on life support systems... so many times newspapers have reported about cases here in hospitals of people getting huge bills because their relatives are lying on ventilators... but what do the hospitals do? they don't just switch off the machine without approval of the patient's relatives... they come to an agreement... the newsworthiness of this article is [b'>[u'>that someone took that decision on behalf of someone else when they did not have the right to[/u'>[/b'>... (its not like at your drycleaners... where if you don't collect the outfit they have a right to sell it!!) these are real living breathing creatures and they were not strays... if we say it's alright for such decisions to be made today in the case of people's pets when will we ever draw the line? will we permit hospitals to murder our premature children coz our insurance doesn't cover the nicu costs? I think it's the 'principle' of the whole thing that's got everyone upset...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY