EW Festive Fair | ExpatWoman.com

EW Festive Fair

Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 17:44
We are informing the crafters where they can take part in other markets between now and Christmas and they are being very understanding and also where they can sell online as well. They are as disappointed as we are.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 15:55
You can't predict the weather obviously but the cancellation is very tough on crafters who've put a lot of time, effort and money into preparing Christmas items. They are not going to be able to sell those items at the rescheduled event.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 13:15
Yes it was indeed forecast... Last weekend was supposed to be a wash out also but it wasn't. The weather here is somewhat unpredictable and all weather reports we were checking constantly had different reports. We were waiting to see and make the decision on Friday as that was the last point we could have still got the event built. There is also the issue of permits and licences so simply moving to a new venue even 10 days before was not an option. The event is also a specific outdoor event with large outdoor activities for the kids, a polo match etc. that could not simply be translated to an indoor event.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 13:07
It is fair to say that inclement weather was forecast about 10 days ago, and I moved my boat location a week ago to avoid it being damaged this weekend. 10 days is not a lot of time, but an alternative could be arranged, a callout to EW members and I am sure that someone would have helped locate a venue.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 10:20
Dear Admin, Sorry the Festive Fair fell through (for now). But now that you have some time on your hands, could you please indicate whether or not you are planning the much sought after event for the forty plus ladies who don't have kids? Thanks.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 10:07
Dear GMKSME, thanks for the support... And you are correct... There are so many factors and logistical things that we could not have moved the event indoors. The event also had a two day set up with shells being built and all sorts of other things... Not just a case of popping out some craft tables this morning... Also some of the event would have been on grass which is waterlogged- the same for the polo pitch. We were of course doing everything we could to ensure the event went ahead but based on the weather we had to make the decision to postpone... Like many other events this weekend. The decision was not taken lightly and we are sorry for any disappointment... The whole team is disappointed too! We thank you for your understanding about this. Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 09:55
I think that's a bit harsh BubblingCreek. :( Dubai isn't really known for unpredictable weather like other countries.Having a plan b for a venue for events isn't as easy as it sounds. Extra money for deposits, logistically planning the new set up, permits (maybe, though not sure this is necessary in Dubai), etc. It's a shame, yes, but I think they deserve a break! :)
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 08:20
Fail to plan and you plan to fail. Obviously there was no plan b
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 08:05
Guess it depends where you are. Looming clouds over here.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 07:50
What a shame it was postponed! Such gorgeous weather this morning

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY