Buying Kindle via Amazon? And which one? | ExpatWoman.com

Buying Kindle via Amazon? And which one?

Latest post on 24 November 2013 - 18:57
Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it. Just one more question - is there a need to buy the 3G version - or is the basic Paperwhite more than good enough?
Latest post on 24 November 2013 - 01:15
Definitely go for the paperwhite -- fabulous reading experience! Amazon leather cover is great, and worth it to get the USB charger. Stylus is only for the Fire -- not needed for the paperwhite. And screen protector not needed especially if you get a cover. Enjoy!!
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 22:41
DH surprised me with a Paperwhite and I am very happy with it. He also bought me the leather cover which works very well. It protects it and it feels like a book. When you open the cover it turns the Kindle on immediately unlike the older ones which you have to switch on. It is very nice to read in bed as you don't need a light. It comes with a USB charger, but I prefer a charger you can plug into a wall plug. I don't have a stylus and I don't miss it. I don't think you need a screen protector if you have a cover.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 19:19
Thank you all very much. Paperwhite sounds like the one then, from Amazon US (vouchers are with them luckily!) Re accessories, do you recommend buying: - international charging kit - leather cover - screen protector - stylus
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 18:59
Oh no - so sorry to hear that, hope you're looking after yourself. Just read the other thread - awful that people still choose to ignore bad stuff - they should know differences CAN be made! Buckle Up is going well - I'll be in the Downtown Parade on National Day next week - eek! Good to hear, keep up the good work! Trishx
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 18:52
Oh no - so sorry to hear that, hope you're looking after yourself. Just read the other thread - awful that people still choose to ignore bad stuff - they should know differences CAN be made! Buckle Up is going well - I'll be in the Downtown Parade on National Day next week - eek!
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 18:45
P.S - long time LT -hope you're well Wow, that's funny, was just wondering about you when I was reading the thread about dangerous driving ! I'm well, recovering from of all things, a bad car accident! Crazy drivers aren't unique to Dubai! Hope all going well with you, how's the BuckleUp campaign going?
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 18:40
P.S - long time LT - hope you're well
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 18:39
I agree with the Paperwhite - I use my kindle to read - if I wanted to browse the internet then get an ipad. I bought mine from the US Amazon site via Shop and Ship - a WHOLE lot cheaper than the UK Amazon and shiping was the lowest weight so around 70 aed from what I recall. Got in around a week. Excellent price and excellent service.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 17:40
I've got both the basic kindle and the kindle fire. But if I was going to buy one again, it would be the paperwhite for the inbuilt light, the weight, battery life and the ability to read in the sun (the fire falls down on the last 3 criteria).
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 16:51
i have just bought the new Kindle paperwhite, it's really great. Small, light but with a very clear screen, and you can download just about anything you can think of. Think it was about 110 British Pounds.
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 15:27
Good question! I'm wondering the same thing!
Latest post on 23 November 2013 - 15:20
We have quite a few Amazon gift vouchers and thought of buying a Kindle. Do they ship direct to Dubai or should we use Aramex? Am getting very confused about which one to buy. Any recommendations please for books and magazines?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY