Our rabbit has gone missing | ExpatWoman.com

Our rabbit has gone missing

Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 11:43

Our poor little rabbit has gone missing. We like to let her out of the cage to get a bit of a run around and she's usually very timid and doesn't go far but last night the door to the back garden was also left open and she escaped. I don't want to imagine how scared and distressed she must be. If anyone sees her could they please let us know.

She's a mix between a dwarf and angora, so small but not tiny, she's a bit chubby and her colouring is dark brown all over which makes her hard to spot. Hoping we can find her asap. Thank you.

Latest post on 01 December 2013 - 18:44
Thanks, we're really delighted she is safe! I like to let her out of the cage to stretch her legs and we're usually careful about making sure the back door is closed but dh left it open-he redeemed himself somewhat by helping to search for her yesterday. She squeezed under the garden gate to get out; I think the stray cats living in the garden spooked her. I'll put some wire under the gate and see about letting her run in the garden. When you see how a rabbit runs so well, it makes confining one to a small cage even more cruel.
Latest post on 01 December 2013 - 16:50
She's home! The driver down the road managed to catch her. She's a bit thinner but otherwise seems fine. I thought we'd never see her again, so I guess the moral is "always keep hoping". Wow.. That's good news! But there is another moral. "Keep the cage door locked" :-)
Latest post on 01 December 2013 - 12:54
She's home! The driver down the road managed to catch her. She's a bit thinner but otherwise seems fine. I thought we'd never see her again, so I guess the moral is "always keep hoping". Oh wow!!! That's fab news!! Know how it feels too when one of our bunnies went awol years ago! Found her in a neighbour's garden shed!! Get a lock on that gate LOL! :) x
Latest post on 01 December 2013 - 11:05
She's home! The driver down the road managed to catch her. She's a bit thinner but otherwise seems fine. I thought we'd never see her again, so I guess the moral is "always keep hoping".
Latest post on 01 December 2013 - 10:39
Thank you Zonra, you are very kind. We spotted her last night in some bushes not far from our house but couldn't catch her as some cats started chasing her; she's very fast. A driver has been feeding her carrots and said she was shivering the other morning. Thinking the best thing might be to leave her cage full of tasty treats near there. She's not going to want to be confined to a cage after these few days of freedom.
Latest post on 29 November 2013 - 18:38
We haven't' found our rabbit. Hate to think of what might have happened to her. To get out of our garden she would have had to squeeze under the gate and I don't know why she'd have done that when she used to hesitate about stepping out of her cage. There aren't any stray dogs around but I wonder if cats would have attacked her? When I'm peeling a carrot or cutting up an apple or cucumber I think of her as she so enjoyed a piece. Poor girl, I hope she's hanging out in someone's garden:-( edited by A Rancher on 29/11/2013 We understand how much you would miss your rabbit. Don't worry. She will be safe somewhere and will come back to you very soon.
Latest post on 29 November 2013 - 18:04
Well just have to bump every few days.....
Latest post on 29 November 2013 - 08:29
We haven't' found our rabbit. Hate to think of what might have happened to her. To get out of our garden she would have had to squeeze under the gate and I don't know why she'd have done that when she used to hesitate about stepping out of her cage. There aren't any stray dogs around but I wonder if cats would have attacked her? When I'm peeling a carrot or cutting up an apple or cucumber I think of her as she so enjoyed a piece. Poor girl, I hope she's hanging out in someone's garden:-( <em>edited by A Rancher on 29/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 29 November 2013 - 08:24
Hopefully you have found your little rabbit, I'm not sure where you live in the Ranches but my husband was recently walking our dog and saw a rabbit close to the tennis courts, children's play area ( shaded) between Alvorada 1&2. Good luck
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 13:39
At the Ranches
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 13:13
But, where in Dubai are you?
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 13:01
Thanks Joyce, I've made some posters and we've had a good look around. I'm sure she is just sitting somewhere hiding. She really is the most timid little creature and hesitates to leave the cage even when we leave it open for her all day. I hate to see her cooped up as it's a very small space and she sometimes likes to get out to play with the dogs. I was hoping they'd help sniff her out but they don't seem to notice she's gone.
Latest post on 26 November 2013 - 12:53
Aw what a shame! Have you checked neighbours gardens, under bushes, garden furniture etc? She will be drawn to shade to hide. Do you have a picture that you could make posters from and put up in your area? Hope you find her soon. At least it's not baking hot at the moment and maybe a kind neighbour will have found her. Good luck x

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY