Is it acceptable to... | ExpatWoman.com

Is it acceptable to...

Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 20:31

lift your child up in a restaurant and sniff its behind?

Sorry but that is NOT what I want to see when eating my lunch!

Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 17:27
Not bad viewing numbers especially with the Expo announcement [img'>http://www.pic4ever.com/images/www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif[/img'>
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 16:50
Surely better that mum has a quick early warning sniff than wait until the smell pervades the entire area ;)
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 16:44
As long as they dont sniff your bum I dont see a problem with it
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 14:17
Doesn't bother me one bit and I am childless. I have been puked/pooed and weed on by my Sisters kids though haha <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 28/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 14:10
i've never done the table thing.. i have changed her plenty of times in the car and honestly the best place i found is the trunk of the car.. they are so spacious.. i love it.. whenever we go to the park or even to the mall i prefer the trunk to the changing table in the bathrooms
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 13:39
Hmmm. the word "princess" came flying into my mind and yes, I was a bum sniffer! :)
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 13:15
The flying poop in slow motion, that's motherhood in a nutshell right there. I haven't had that exact experience, but countless others like it where I am so exasperated and fed up that I can only laugh. You just change your milk/food/spit/vomit/pee/poo stained clothes, keep calm and carry on. lol exactly.. i love these moments hehe
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 12:45
No kids of my own yet, but have certainly sniffed my nephews bums plenty of times, though don't think I ever did in a restaurant. & many experiences of being puked/peed/pooped on.
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 12:43
The flying poop in slow motion, that's motherhood in a nutshell right there. I haven't had that exact experience, but countless others like it where I am so exasperated and fed up that I can only laugh. You just change your milk/food/spit/vomit/pee/poo stained clothes, keep calm and carry on.
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 12:23
Are you seriously asking such a QS??? of course it is acceptable, wait til you have children of your own.. sniffing bums is not a disgusting thing.. wait till you have a [b'>flying poop land in your mouth..[/b'> and that doesn't even disgust me anymore.. just enjoy your meal and stop eyeing peoples table.. that is what i find annoying.. they deserve to enjoy a nice meal.. if she wants to sniff bums so be it.. i'm a major bum sniffer because i can't be bothered to go to the washroom to check.. why should i care what other people think bleurghhhh !! really hope you're joking !! lol lol i really wish i was.. it's like the story that i will keep reminding her forever, she was only a few weeks old.. like 3, and whenever i change her she tends to sneeze, and when she did you'd have a poop always flying.. i always stop it, but that one time i was too late, and had it aimed to my mouth.. i could swear i saw it in slow motion.. but yes that did happen..
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 11:57
I would not like to see that in a fine dining restaurant, but babies should not be in there anyway. Personally I don't think that I have done it in public, but I don't care about what others do.
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 11:55
Are you seriously asking such a QS??? of course it is acceptable, wait til you have children of your own.. sniffing bums is not a disgusting thing.. wait till you have a [b'>flying poop land in your mouth..[/b'> and that doesn't even disgust me anymore.. just enjoy your meal and stop eyeing peoples table.. that is what i find annoying.. they deserve to enjoy a nice meal.. if she wants to sniff bums so be it.. i'm a major bum sniffer because i can't be bothered to go to the washroom to check.. why should i care what other people think bleurghhhh !! really hope you're joking !! lol
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 11:53
Are you seriously asking such a QS??? of course it is acceptable, wait til you have children of your own.. sniffing bums is not a disgusting thing.. wait till you have a flying poop land in your mouth.. and that doesn't even disgust me anymore.. just enjoy your meal and stop eyeing peoples table.. that is what i find annoying.. they deserve to enjoy a nice meal.. if she wants to sniff bums so be it.. i'm a major bum sniffer because i can't be bothered to go to the washroom to check.. why should i care what other people think
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 00:18
my friend swore blind having a baby cured her of biting her nails........
Latest post on 28 November 2013 - 00:15
This thread is hilarious, that being said I have to admit i'm a butt sniffing mum. I should be wary on who's looking the next time I do it. But yes I think it is acceptable.
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 23:01
Bum sniffing the offender is a lot less offensive than said offender doing a bit of exploring on their own and showing you what is bothering them....... <em>edited by Nomad on 27/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:45
It;s about time we had one of these...............
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:45
This thread is so hilarious!!! I did fell off my seat, and laughing uncontrollably just reading your posts... please, keep them coming :D
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:42
lol yes it is, sniffing bums is part of good parenting! I confess I actually did this today at lunch with friends and commented at the time that I was looking forward to the day in my future where I no longer had to sniff or wipe little people's bottoms anymore. I do usually try and make it look like a cuddle but really its pretty obvious even with the best of efforts. What else are you going to do, leave your baby marinating in poo? If said mother had confirmed her suspicions and proceeded to change the offending smelly bottom right there on the restaurant table then you might have something to complain about. Nothing would surprise me ............
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:22
lol yes it is, sniffing bums is part of good parenting! I confess I actually did this today at lunch with friends and commented at the time that I was looking forward to the day in my future where I no longer had to sniff or wipe little people's bottoms anymore. I do usually try and make it look like a cuddle but really its pretty obvious even with the best of efforts. What else are you going to do, leave your baby marinating in poo? If said mother had confirmed her suspicions and proceeded to change the offending smelly bottom right there on the restaurant table then you might have something to complain about. Baby marinated in poo... farting steaks.. what restaurant is this??
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:13
lol yes it is, sniffing bums is part of good parenting! I confess I actually did this today at lunch with friends and commented at the time that I was looking forward to the day in my future where I no longer had to sniff or wipe little people's bottoms anymore. I do usually try and make it look like a cuddle but really its pretty obvious even with the best of efforts. What else are you going to do, leave your baby marinating in poo? If said mother had confirmed her suspicions and proceeded to change the offending smelly bottom right there on the restaurant table then you might have something to complain about.
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 22:04
we need an " am I being unreasonable ' section, an " is it acceptable to etc......
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:57
now this is more entertaining than Expo 2020 ;-0
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:55
Definitely acceptable. It's a long procedure to go to the changing rooms only to find it was a waste of a journey especially in Dubai where the toilets are never close by. I don't see why it makes anyone cringe, your not sniffing anything, mind your own business. Even before I was a mum it never bothered me, you do what you have to do and its as simple as that. If you don't like it look away or get a table away from any potential bum sniffers. What is seen cannot be unseen..........I don't like it but I didn't get the chance not to see this...........
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:32
Nomad, you are on a roll! Cold meds......he he <em>edited by Nomad on 27/11/2013</em>
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:31
Definitely acceptable. It's a long procedure to go to the changing rooms only to find it was a waste of a journey especially in Dubai where the toilets are never close by. I don't see why it makes anyone cringe, your not sniffing anything, mind your own business. Even before I was a mum it never bothered me, you do what you have to do and its as simple as that. If you don't like it look away or get a table away from any potential bum sniffers. But what if the bum sniffers choose to sit around your table? Having been a bum sniffer myself 2 years back for 2 years I would have appreciated a fresh nose on some occasions to confirm the crime as after a while it all starts to smell the same. You ordered the farting steak too? :)
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:30
Nomad, you are on a roll!
Latest post on 27 November 2013 - 21:28
Definitely acceptable. It's a long procedure to go to the changing rooms only to find it was a waste of a journey especially in Dubai where the toilets are never close by. I don't see why it makes anyone cringe, your not sniffing anything, mind your own business. Even before I was a mum it never bothered me, you do what you have to do and its as simple as that. If you don't like it look away or get a table away from any potential bum sniffers. But what if the bum sniffers choose to sit around your table? Having been a bum sniffer myself 2 years back for 2 years I would have appreciated a fresh nose on some occasions to confirm the crime as after a while it all starts to smell the same.
Definitely acceptable. It's a long procedure to go to the changing rooms only to find it was a waste of a journey especially in Dubai where the toilets are never close by. I don't see why it makes anyone cringe, your not sniffing anything, mind your own business. Even before I was a mum it never bothered me, you do what you have to do and its as simple as that. If you don't like it look away or get a table away from any potential bum sniffers. But what if the bum sniffers choose to sit around your table? Order the farting steak.....that should clear the area !
It's never bothered me, and I don't have kids.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY