Restaurants serving gluten free food?? | ExpatWoman.com

Restaurants serving gluten free food??

Latest post on 21 February 2016 - 09:56
You can order from Skinny Genie as they are 100% safe. Their muffins are safely available at many coffee places around Dubai. My favorite GF pizza is Freedom pizza and they have a dedicated GF kitchen. Their website let's you safely navigate all of their gluten free offerings. They also have some really yummy GF desserts. The Surf Cafe does a really good GF pancake and also has GF bread in the morning. Any of the Omnia restaurants offer a good selection of GF and paleo. The Omnia Baharat in the MOE has a really good GF bun for their hamburgers. It is also safe to stick to restaurants at the big hotels. My advice is to call a day ahead and let them know what you need. Another place I highly recommend is The Farm. I have Celiacs and have been reviewing places since I move here 6 months ago. There are some really great places to get groceries here too. It may not be as easy here to find things but with a little work it can be done! Best of luck! Thank you. I visited some of this places ... I MISS ITALY SO BADLY. Here in Dubai everything comes out of a BOX!! There is noone who still COOK from scratch??? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. I miss Italy too! The good news is it is close and we can get there fairly cheap. I go often to visit family and friends and it's easier and cheaper than going home to the states. Good Luck!
Latest post on 17 February 2016 - 20:27
You can order from Skinny Genie as they are 100% safe. Their muffins are safely available at many coffee places around Dubai. My favorite GF pizza is Freedom pizza and they have a dedicated GF kitchen. Their website let's you safely navigate all of their gluten free offerings. They also have some really yummy GF desserts. The Surf Cafe does a really good GF pancake and also has GF bread in the morning. Any of the Omnia restaurants offer a good selection of GF and paleo. The Omnia Baharat in the MOE has a really good GF bun for their hamburgers. It is also safe to stick to restaurants at the big hotels. My advice is to call a day ahead and let them know what you need. Another place I highly recommend is The Farm. I have Celiacs and have been reviewing places since I move here 6 months ago. There are some really great places to get groceries here too. It may not be as easy here to find things but with a little work it can be done! Best of luck! Thank you. I visited some of this places ... I MISS ITALY SO BADLY. Here in Dubai everything comes out of a BOX!! There is noone who still COOK from scratch??? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.
Latest post on 14 February 2016 - 11:00
You can order from Skinny Genie as they are 100% safe. Their muffins are safely available at many coffee places around Dubai. My favorite GF pizza is Freedom pizza and they have a dedicated GF kitchen. Their website let's you safely navigate all of their gluten free offerings. They also have some really yummy GF desserts. The Surf Cafe does a really good GF pancake and also has GF bread in the morning. Any of the Omnia restaurants offer a good selection of GF and paleo. The Omnia Baharat in the MOE has a really good GF bun for their hamburgers. It is also safe to stick to restaurants at the big hotels. My advice is to call a day ahead and let them know what you need. Another place I highly recommend is The Farm. I have Celiacs and have been reviewing places since I move here 6 months ago. There are some really great places to get groceries here too. It may not be as easy here to find things but with a little work it can be done! Best of luck!
Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 17:10
Thanks! I am trying all of them. i will be an expert at the end :) Has any of you heard of Signor Pomidor? It is near to downtown and I read nice review. It seems it started Gluiten Free, Vegan and Paleo as well.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 10:13
Comptoir 102 on Jumeira Beach Road! :)
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 09:25
There is a gluten free kitchen in DIFC...sounds like it would be worth a try.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 00:11
ahahah That's so TRUE :)))))
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 13:36
hi I am new in Dubai. Is any of these places in downtown? I tried Carluccio. Not impressed at all. I would not called it even Italian (but that is my personal opinion). Very confused about GF. I did not try Freedom Pizza which shall be somewhere near difc area. PLEASE HELP !!! (does any of these have VEGAN OPTION too??) If you don't class Carluccios as an Italian, doubt you will class Freedom pizza as pizza.
Latest post on 05 February 2016 - 22:56
My GF family's favourite is pizza from Oregano. You can order all their pizza's on a gluten free base. We are not Coeliac though, and they may well have the cross contamination thing going on, as I am sure they don't have a special oven for their GF pizza's. If she's not coeliac this is a great option for a GF home delivery.
Latest post on 05 February 2016 - 21:43
hi I am new in Dubai. Is any of these places in downtown? I tried Carluccio. Not impressed at all. I would not called it even Italian (but that is my personal opinion). Very confused about GF. I did not try Freedom Pizza which shall be somewhere near difc area. PLEASE HELP !!! (does any of these have VEGAN OPTION too??)
Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 17:05
Sweet Connection has a cafe in DIFC which only serves Gluten Free food so that's probably your only option if you're worried about cross contamination. Carluccio's does have a gluten free menu with quite a selection. Also, as mentioned above The Cycle Hub in Motor City has a GF menu (it is a Paleo restaurant). You can also get gluten free sandwiches at Shakespeare & Co.
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 19:03
I think Carluccio's does, but call them first before going to verify. It is not a restaurant but NKD Pizza has gluten-free options. Carluccio's serve a complete gluten free menu Strange....I was at Carluccio's DM two Fridays ago and ordered an omelette for breakfast however the waitress had no clue what GF bread was.
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 18:26
I think Carluccio's does, but call them first before going to verify. It is not a restaurant but NKD Pizza has gluten-free options. Carluccio's serve a complete gluten free menu
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 16:37
Balance Cafe at Oasis Mall on SZR has many GF dishes.
Latest post on 17 December 2013 - 15:52
Russo's in the Jumeriah Centre, Jumeriah 1 sell Gluten Free pizza's
Latest post on 17 December 2013 - 15:20
as mentioned earlier, Carluccios do have gluten free pasta to substitute in certain pasta dishes on the menu. My Mum is Coeliac and ate there and thoroughly enjoyed it. She lives in rural Ireland so it was quite special to be able to go somewhere and order off a menu without having to shine a torchlight into the chef's eyes and quiz them ;-)
Latest post on 17 December 2013 - 12:52
Toscana Italian, Souk Madinat they have GF pasta & gnocchi!
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 16:40
Thanks everyone for your fab advice!
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 14:41
I find the staff at Baker and Spice are usually able to tell me if something is made with flour in - and if they're not 100% sure then they will go straight to the kitchen to ask the chef :) Personally I try to stick to things that are quite plain with few ingredients rather than trying to find a 'gluten free' version of something normally made with flour....e.g. sashimi, sushi, grilled meat, kebabs, salad. South-East asian restaurants (ie. Japanese, Chinese, Malaysian, Vietnamese) are often a good options as traditionally Asian cookings utilises more rice flour, rather that wheat flour (except for things like tempura) Cross contamination is tricky to solve
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 13:17
You can find a list of restaurants that serve gluten free food here: http://www.glutenfreeuae.com/where-to-eat.html Also, depends how sensitive your friend is to gluten..... There will be some amount of cross contamination in most restaurants as they are not exclusively gluten free. Also, do read this: http://www.glutenfreeuae.com/information-for-visitors.html
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 07:43
Hi Kentgirl1, I live in Dubai and am celiac and also my child. Unfortunately Dubai is one of the worst cities in the world for attention to gluten free. There are no safe restaurants, no educated personnel, nothing. I heard of celiac Who trusted some restaurants and got sick because it is not about having gf products, it is about contamination and people just do not know. The only valid option is sweet connection, not a restaurant but very high quality safe products. When I really want to eat out, or I go for plain steaks or for caprese but I usually explain the waiter and try to scare them for safety, no bread, no sauces etc.....they usually star at me as if I were from Mars! Good Luck
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 07:02
I think Carluccio's does, but call them first before going to verify. It is not a restaurant but NKD Pizza has gluten-free options.
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 06:52
There is a new cafe in Motor city - somehting like cycle cafe that serves Paleo food - that will be GF.
Latest post on 16 December 2013 - 06:17
I have a friend visiting in February, and she was wondering if there were any restaurants that serve gluten free food? I don't have a clue so any ideas please would be greatly appreciated!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY