Daman insurance | ExpatWoman.com

Daman insurance

Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 10:48

hi everybody, can you share some thoughts about your experience with Daman. are they good? what is their service like?

Latest post on 10 August 2015 - 13:35
Hi, I was with Daman for 2 years under companies' policy. No reason to complaint. Also Re-imbursement, where applicable, worked quite quick.
Latest post on 30 July 2015 - 11:41
We've had Daman via DH's company over 6 years, never had an issue, apart from finding a pharmacy out of hospital, I've now located two near me who will dispense. I had a procedure with Dr Elsa at the City Hospital last December, approvals and treatment approved quickly, and scans the previous October MRIs and ultrasounds with quick approvals too. So far so good.
Latest post on 29 July 2015 - 15:07
Hi Are there any updated reviews on Daman insurance?
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 20:03
Both Daman and Thiqa have different categories and clauses & coverage are different for each category.
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 17:05
It is very interesting for me to read this thread. I have Daman Thiqa and it is the best insurance I have ever had. Everything seems to be covered except cryotherapy. I don't know if there is a difference between Daman and Daman Thiqa. Anyway, I always find these threads interesting because from my understanding, any insurance company can be good. It is not about the insurance company but about the policy that your company subscribes to in the insurance policy.
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 16:09
For some reason most Dubai pharmacies dont seem to deal with Daman And Zahra Hospital, a very well located hospital for most of South Dubai, does not deal with them till now. My husband and son were insured with them and spent half the time driving around different pharmacies in dubai trying to get the medicine ! most of the pharmacies wont dispense if you have Daman Insurance ! Agree. Actually you are treated like "sh*t" by the pharmacies and clinics when you even mention Daman
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 16:09
No No No. They are the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with would you mind elaborating a bit? was it the coverage, was it the services? It was both. Their network is very weak in Dubai. They take forever to reimburse and are very fussy about documentation. Their approvals take forever and they cannot process anything outside the box. We have switched to an International Insurance Company now are it's night and day edited by derien on 18/12/2013 <em>edited by derien on 18/12/2013</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 15:26
NMC hospitals deal with Daman but I don't know of anywhere else. NMC hospitals have pharmacies inside so you don't need to find one outside to fill the scripts. We used to be with Daman and only used NMC but now with another company and have much more freedom.
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 14:51
For some reason most Dubai pharmacies dont seem to deal with Daman And Zahra Hospital, a very well located hospital for most of South Dubai, does not deal with them till now. My husband and son were insured with them and spent half the time driving around different pharmacies in dubai trying to get the medicine ! most of the pharmacies wont dispense if you have Daman Insurance !
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 14:43
No No No. They are the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with Agree :) Long delays for approvals, not giving the benefots as per the plan, call centre is useless and they request a second opinion on everything and I was on the highest level of coverage :(
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 14:18
No No No. They are the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with would you mind elaborating a bit? was it the coverage, was it the services?
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 13:22
I've never had any problems with claims with Daman. Everything has always been straightforward.
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 12:16
No No No. They are the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 12:07
For some reason most Dubai pharmacies dont seem to deal with Daman And Zahra Hospital, a very well located hospital for most of South Dubai, does not deal with them till now. The thing about Al Zahra Hospital is actually reverse. Hardly any insurance company wants to deal with that hospital because they (the hospital) demand some ridiculously high cash deposit from the insurances against future claims.
Latest post on 18 December 2013 - 11:40
For some reason most Dubai pharmacies dont seem to deal with Daman And Zahra Hospital, a very well located hospital for most of South Dubai, does not deal with them till now.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY