NYE......meh | ExpatWoman.com

NYE......meh

Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:34

Surely I'm not the only one who can't be bothered? I'm hoping to be tucked up in bed fast asleep come midnight. Any other NYE grinches or are you all partying until the small hours?

Latest post on 02 January 2014 - 08:48
Happy New Year Ladies! We had a great time in Zabeel Park with the kids and their friends. Got to see the fireworks of Burj Khalifa, Festival City and some from the palm. In bed (in Sharjah) by 1:30 and no traffic issues to report.
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 16:26
Happy New Year all! Another grinch here - stayed in with hubby and DD, ordered takeaway and watched a movie, was fast asleep by 10:30pm. Baby awake at 5:45am so I couldn't have handled a late night. Plus the roads were empty this morning, no queues in C4 at 9am and we just enjoyed a really pleasant lunch at the Monty which is I think how we will celebrate NYE in future or at least til the kids are teenagers who sleep til midday! Gone are the days of dancing on tables, drinking til I forget my name and stumbling home at dawn! x Happy New Year TDB! We celebrated with a lovely breakfast at The Address Downtown. I do miss dancing on tables though, I hope my days of doing so aren't totally over :)
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 16:19
LT, Slainte from a fellow Celt! TDB, we had a lovely, relaxed lunch today too and were saying that it's a much nicer start to the new year than waking up exhausted and hung over from a crazy, midnight bash.
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 15:23
Slainthe to all my fellow Scots! And Cheers to everyone else!
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 15:19
Happy New year everyone! Great night last night at Stirling castle. Atmosphere was fantastic and after the bells, the whole crowd sang Auld Lang Syne. People grabbed stewards and police officers who joined in too. Fireworks were amazing and some formed the Scottish saltire in the sky. We called our DS in Dubai at midnight (Dubai time) and he too was having a ball at a beach party. Hope that 2014 is full of good things for you all. :)
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 08:36
I LOVE HOGMANAY!! As a Scot, it's a huge celebration and always a time for reflection and remembering loved ones. Many happy memories of family parties, first footing and my dear Dad, whisky in hand, singing his heart out. I'm in Edinburgh with family, the best city in the world to be celebrating! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Ah Hogmanay.....as a child was always part of the local ball, all trussed up in kilt and all to dance ....grandad as proud as punch wee dram in his hand singing along with the piper.
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 08:05
I LOVE HOGMANAY!! As a Scot, it's a huge celebration and always a time for reflection and remembering loved ones. Many happy memories of family parties, first footing and my dear Dad, whisky in hand, singing his heart out. I'm in Edinburgh with family, the best city in the world to be celebrating! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I share your sentiments lulu, where ever I am in the world Hogmanay is very special to me too, for the same reasons. It's not just the stereotypical 'Scottishness'' - Jings crivens, help ma boab - it's the traditional and feel good factor. Lang May yer lum reek x
Latest post on 01 January 2014 - 00:59
well I wasn't going to stay up but somehow did and saw a great display from all around where I live in The Lakes. amazing! HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 22:03
I'm not a NYE grinch. I'd truly love to be able to celebrate, but I just can't stay up that late anymore. Young children don't care what day tomorrow is and mine will be up early as usual ready to start the day. My 6 year-old really wanted to see the fireworks tonight but I told her that I'd take her in ten years. By then, all mine should be old enough inshallah to let me sleep in!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 21:11
Theres the spirit :)...personally, we will be lucky to keep our peepers open to 11 pm lol...but to those that manage to stay awake, PARTY ON AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 20:35
I LOVE HOGMANAY!! As a Scot, it's a huge celebration and always a time for reflection and remembering loved ones. Many happy memories of family parties, first footing and my dear Dad, whisky in hand, singing his heart out. I'm in Edinburgh with family, the best city in the world to be celebrating! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! My sister, BIL, DD and her DH will be in Edinburgh tonight too! Agree that Edinburgh is a brill place to be for Hogmanay but Stirling is good too albeit on a much smaller scale! Happy Ne'er Day to you and yours and lang mae yer lum reek! :D x
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:46
I LOVE HOGMANAY!! As a Scot, it's a huge celebration and always a time for reflection and remembering loved ones. Many happy memories of family parties, first footing and my dear Dad, whisky in hand, singing his heart out. I'm in Edinburgh with family, the best city in the world to be celebrating! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:38
Would love to be in bed as usual, but I guess neighbours above will dance and drink and won't let us sleep anyway. Actually until what time is it allowed to be noisy this night? Oke, I've let all this negativity go on, but this is the limit. I really hope you're kidding! Do you people not have a couple of good friends to spent a fun and relaxing time at home with? There is something in between going to bed grumpy and paying a fortune for some lame party. Lighten up, it's New Years Eve ✨??? Excuse me, the sound of your party horn tooting is threatening to lift my spirits, we are trying to be practical early birds. There is another thread discussing fireworks where you can get your party shoes on.
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:35
I can't be bothered either, will be watching the celebrations on the telly :)
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:22
Happy New Year to you too Oopsiedaisy!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:13
Guess I mixed up grinch with grumpy then. Anyway, yet another reason for a 40+/-kids meet up. Happy New Year to all (grinch, grump, happy, 20/30/40 etc, kids, no kids). Happy New Year ??
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 19:03
Would love to be in bed as usual, but I guess neighbours above will dance and drink and won't let us sleep anyway. Actually until what time is it allowed to be noisy this night? Oke, I've let all this negativity go on, but this is the limit. I really hope you're kidding! Do you people not have a couple of good friends to spent a fun and relaxing time at home with? There is something in between [b'>going to bed grumpy[/b'> and paying a fortune for some lame party. Lighten up, it's New Years Eve ✨??? There's no grumpy about it, I'll be going to bed with a smile as always :) I find the thought of staying up late much less appealing as I'll be breastfeeding a baby in the night and up with him and three other little ones in the morning. Nothing says ruination of late night fun and relaxing like small children. Although if you are lactating and offering to take over night time and early morning duties I'll get my party shoes on ;)
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 18:53
Imagine, I invited couple of friends to my place to eat dinner and then go watch fireworks. Guess what they said? They want to sleep! LOL. We are not negative, just have little kids.
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 18:24
Would love to be in bed as usual, but I guess neighbours above will dance and drink and won't let us sleep anyway. Actually until what time is it allowed to be noisy this night? Oke, I've let all this negativity go on, but this is the limit. I really hope you're kidding! Do you people not have a couple of good friends to spent a fun and relaxing time at home with? There is something in between going to bed grumpy and paying a fortune for some lame party. Lighten up, it's New Years Eve ✨???
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 18:16
Would love to be in bed as usual, but I guess neighbours above will dance and drink and won't let us sleep anyway. Actually until what time is it allowed to be noisy this night?
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 17:35
Agree that NYE or Hogmanay as we Scots call it, was a non event while were in Qatar. Attended a party at DH's boss's home which was pleasant enough but nothing like the fab celebrations we have at home. Tonight we are off to Stirling castle which is just a 10 minute taxi ride for us, we are going for a meal first in a restaurant close to the castle, attending a concert on the esplanade followed by fireworks at midnight. The atmosphere is amazing and afterwards it's back home to "first foot" neighbours in the traditional way with black bun and a few drams. Love it :D Happy New Year everyone x
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 15:23
Me too, in fact I find it quite disappointing whenever I have paid to go anywhere on NYE. Its good I don't want to go out and celebrate as I am in Qatar and no public holiday on NYD, neither do we get Islamic NY as a public holiday, in fact there aren't many public holidays at all, miserable place :-)))LOL
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 15:03
Total NYE grinch! Find it all over priced and over hyped. In my old 'home town' in the uk even the horrible pubs charge a load of money to get in!
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:48
Me and DH too. Early night with all the pets in the bedroom also
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:47
NYE grinch here as well - the whole family actually.
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:43
Me too..... Hoping the fireworks don't wake me up edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 31/12/2013 Good point, I must remember to shut my windows.
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:42
We will be sleeping too. Trying to get my little ones back into sleeping routine before school starts this Sunday. DH will be on a flight back to Dubai.
Latest post on 31 December 2013 - 14:36
Me too..... Hoping the fireworks don't wake me up <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 31/12/2013</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY