Tomato Soup | ExpatWoman.com

Tomato Soup

Latest post on 02 January 2014 - 12:26

Does anyone have a great and easy recipe for tomato soup?? Not cream of tomato, just plain tomato soup... Please help, I have a couple of kgs of tomatoes and I don't want them going off ....

Latest post on 03 January 2014 - 14:19
I often make tomato soup with tinned tomatoes but you can, of course, use fresh ones! Just chop up skinned tomatoes, a couple of onions, tablespoon of tomato paste and veg stock. I also add a small handful of rice. My DH hates cream of tomato soup but loves my homemade version.
Latest post on 03 January 2014 - 04:12
Tomato and White Bean Soup 1 small leek 1 carrot 1 celery stick 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 600 ml veg or chicken stock 1 tsp sun dried tomato paste 200 g can butter beans, drained and rinsed 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped Half an handful fresh basil leaves, or chopped parsley 1. Cut the leek, carrot and celery into pieces and throw into food processor until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the chopped vegetables over low heat for 5 min until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes without coloring. 2. Pour in the stock, add the sun-dried tomato paste and bring to the boil. Season to taste and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are completely tender. 3. Add the butter beans and tomatoes and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Season well. Ladle into warmed bowls and scatter with the herbs. Serve with crusty bread. Drop a teaspoon of pesto into each bowl and serve with a grating of cheddar or parmesan. Serves 2. Calories: 212 calories, protein 7.1 g. <em>edited by Apricot on 03/01/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 January 2014 - 04:07
Tomato Soup 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil 900g tomatoes, halved 2 onions cut into 8 wedges each 5 garlic cloves a pinch thyme 3 stems lemon grass, bruised and chopped 2 tsp sugar 700ml chicken or vegetable stock Method: Preheat oven to 220C. Brush 1 Tbsp olive oil over roasting pan. Put in tomatoes cut-side up, and then tuck in onion wedges and garlic. Scatter the lemon grass and sprinkle with sugar . Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the rest of oil over all. Roast 50 min, stirring after 30 min. 2. In blender or food processor, liquidise contents of pan, scraping the bottom, together with the stock. Rub through a sieve to remove all the bits. Taste and season if necessary.
Latest post on 02 January 2014 - 13:22
I was hoping for a home recipe that people whip up and serve ... Jamie Oliver's ones are great, I just thought I'd come onto the forum to see if anyone had one of those easy peasy things that they whip up for friends and family ... thanks anyway
Latest post on 02 January 2014 - 12:39
Does anyone have a great and easy recipe for tomato soup?? Not cream of tomato, just plain tomato soup... Please help, I have a couple of kgs of tomatoes and I don't want them going off .... Jamie Oliver has one on his website as does BBC food

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY