Dubai Tennis Tickets Re- Selling Not Allowed | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai Tennis Tickets Re- Selling Not Allowed

Latest post on 16 January 2014 - 10:51

Dear All,

We have been contacted by the organisers of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships to ensure that there is no reselling of tickets on the Classifieds or here on the forum.

Please do not post any threads asking for or offering tickets for sale as they will be deleted.

Your support in this matter is much appreciated

Warm regards,

EW Admin

You can read all about it here http://www.thenational.ae/uae/dubai-tennis-organisers-warn-uae-classifie...

Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 11:31
It's actually not allowed to resell ANY tickets for ANY event! It states that quite clearly on the reverse of the tickets themselves.
Latest post on 20 February 2014 - 21:53
We were contacted by the organisers with the below message and told to make the announcement... Just following orders. EW Admin
Latest post on 20 February 2014 - 17:03
if we have spare tickets that are no longer needed - what can we do? Maybe you could sell "tennis shoes" instead. wink wink.
Latest post on 20 February 2014 - 17:00
It does seem strange to target the tennis tickets, whilst freely allowing the resale of other tickets. Eg Rolling Stones concert, without restriction. This is a forum where we should be able to help one another and I would certainly be happy to pay face value for a tennis ticket for next Wednesday, as I have an unexpected guest arriving and have already purchased my ticket.
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 11:00
Oopsiedaisy, I certainly was not saying you were going to sell tickets to make a profit, I was simply stating why I know the organisers have put a message to many forums stating no resell. I agree with you regarding selling tickets on at face value - I actually thought you posted the first mail and over looked Izzy's message. Sorry for the confusion
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 10:46
Hi oopsiedaisy. I do know that the reason the organisers have said no reselling is due to people making a massive profit. I know the other year there were people standing outside the gate trying to sell their tickets but at a discounted rate. Maybe some of your friends would be willing to buy them from you? Hi MissS Don't judge before you know the facts. I was outside the tennis stadium at 6 am the morning tickets went on sale, and bought the tickets I wanted for my own use. Have done so for 3 years now and watched the touts blatantly misuse the event, in the open, no organisers preventing them from doing so. Last year one of our friends couldn't make it to the finals and I sold that ticket via EW at the normal ticket price. This year we can luckily all make it. So no, nor me or my friends would buy from touts at ridiculous rates. I was merely responding to Izzy who apparently has the same problem I had last year. If someone has a spare ticket and is willing to sell it at the regular price because something unforeseen happened I really see no harm in offering someone the opportunity of watching a good game of tennis. edited by Oopsiedaisy on 18/02/2014 <em>edited by Oopsiedaisy on 18/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 09:44
Hi oopsiedaisy. I do know that the reason the organisers have said no reselling is due to people making a massive profit. I know the other year there were people standing outside the gate trying to sell their tickets but at a discounted rate. Maybe some of your friends would be willing to buy them from you?
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 08:35
Dubizzle advertises them all the time. Really, it's last minute now, I don't see any harm in regular posters selling a ticket or two because plans have changed. Happens all the time and you can hardly call us touts.
Latest post on 17 February 2014 - 16:01
Maybe contact the organisers and see what they suggest?
Latest post on 17 February 2014 - 09:55
if we have spare tickets that are no longer needed - what can we do?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY