Chinese medicine doctor in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Chinese medicine doctor in Dubai

Latest post on 21 January 2014 - 09:39

Hello ladies. I am searching for a good Chinese medicine practitioner who also speaks fluent English, in Dubai. I have been suffering from lower back pain and fatigue and physiotherapy, chiropractor, yoga, and massages just don't seem to help. From a search online I have self diagnosed myself with weak kidney energy but now need a good doctor to confirm it and "fix" me. Any recommendations? Also, do you know the rates? As this obviously isn't covered by my insurance.
Thanks!

Latest post on 05 June 2015 - 09:56
Does anyone know a good chinese medicine doctor or herbal practitioner who can help me with obesity. I have severe hormonal issues which in the last year have spiraled out of control leading me to gain 25 kg in the span of just 6 months. I am desperately crying out for help. This issue is killing my life. I have no energy or enthusiasm left in me. I would also like to know how much it may cost me for a full course of treatment or a ballpark estimate as I have limited resources. Appreciate any help.
Latest post on 21 May 2015 - 12:59
I have tried the Chinese Medical Center once near Mazaya Center before but that was 6 years back. Had acupuncture and it helped me ease my period problems. I just don't know if it's still there.
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 18:17
Hello ladies. I am searching for a good Chinese medicine practitioner who also speaks fluent English, in Dubai. I have been suffering from lower back pain and fatigue and physiotherapy, chiropractor, yoga, and massages just don't seem to help. From a search online I have self diagnosed myself with weak kidney energy but now need a good doctor to confirm it and "fix" me. Any recommendations? Also, do you know the rates? As this obviously isn't covered by my insurance. Thanks! I highly recommend Dr.Huafei Li from Emirates European Medical Center. He speaks good English and always very patient. I've visited few Chinese medicine doctors in Dubai, he is the only one who does tongue and pulse diagnosis.And he also shares advices on the life style, which I found super helpful. I respond perfectly with his treatment. I go to him for few compliants like migrine, neck pain and insomnia, everytime just 2-3 sessions, they are all gone, he just does magic! :cool:
Latest post on 14 February 2015 - 10:39
I went to Tong Ren Tang in DHC (next to City Hospital) to see about some mild reoccuring neck pain. I was quite the skeptic and didn't think it would help. They diagnosed me with something or other (can't recall and didn't matter to me). What I found amazing was that after the acupuncture they brought in a man to do chinese massage. This was something like what an osteopath would do but so much better. I have been 4 times and this man is truly amazing. I don't know his name but I think he is the only body work guy there. They prescribed herbs and pills but I didn't take them. My insurance paid for all of it. Everyone there spoke english. <em>edited by ToutSweetParis on 14/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 13 February 2015 - 21:49
Hi hope you have found answer but I was recommended Dr Wang for accupanture and .. and he is also very good in English +971 50 524 0304 please do NOT waste your time and money with Dr Heather Eade, I was set for accupanture one after the other spends 1000s of Dhs with no result. in Canada they do not really teach much real classic chinese they westernized it and therefore might not really be as good, also I found she is not creative at all and approaching every one almost same way and same personality as Other doctors to sign you up for accupanture to make money even though she is not commission based but has to prove that she is busy of course to be kept so please be aware, that was my personal experience trusting here blindly and almost 18 months and nothing changed and healed just wasted a lot money and and time and in fact developed new problems as she left the diagnose so late by not thinking out of the box. good luck with healing.
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 20:12
I have tried a couple of Chinese doctors here for lower back pain, one was located near the Safestway building on the SZR, not sure if its till there and don't recall the name as it was some time ago and more recently another one at DHTC. I was given a heat massage at the first place and dry cupping, which relived the pain temporarily after each session, and I had a Tuina massage at DHTC, which I have to say was completely ineffective for me. I left the place in the same pain if not worse than I had arrived in. The doctor spoke no English so it was not possible to communicate my history at all, that may have been a factor but they should have provided a translator. I would be the last person to discount alternative treatments but I found either of these places able to resolve my chronic pain. How are doctors who don't speak Arabic or English even licensed here?
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 20:10
I have tried a couple of Chinese doctors here for lower back pain, one was located near the Safestway building on the SZR, not sure if its till there and don't recall the name as it was some time ago and more recently another one at DHTC. I was given a heat massage at the first place and dry cupping, which relived the pain temporarily after each session, and I had a Tuina massage at DHTC, which I have to say was completely ineffective for me. I left the place in the same pain if not worse than I had arrived in. The doctor spoke no English so it was not possible to communicate my history at all, that may have been a factor but they should have provided a translator. I would be the last person to discount alternative treatments but I found neither of these places able to resolve my chronic pain. <em>edited by Di@DXB on 15/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 16:50
Hi yogagirl. Would you mind sharing your Doctor's name? Thanks so much! <em>edited by Chocobella on 15/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 18:21
I too thought acupuncture was something of a fad. My Neurosurgeon suggested I try it for pain relief while awaiting surgery ,I have degenerative discs and severe spinal stenosis.Have suffered for 20 years with mild to severe unbearable pain and can honestly say that acupuncture has been a godsend in pain management. There have been days when I have so much pain that I can't lift my body out of bed and DH has to literally pick me up. Acupuncture has helped to ease these symptoms immensely ,something Physio and strong pain medication including a three year series of corticosteroid spinal injections every 3months ,have not been able to do. It works for some and not for others but don't knock those who have found relief with an alternative therapy. A friend of mine insists it is ' all in your head ' my answer I don't really care where ' it ' is if the treatment works. <em>edited by Nomad on 31/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 18:06
Dolley before going there I saw a GP, had a series of tests and X rays and had both physiotherapy and chiropractic. None of these solved the problem nor gave me a definite cause. When I go to a doctor I dont tell them what I think. I tell them my back hurts and watch them do their job. There is no reason to go to a professional if I think I am better than them. But I do my own research and homework. Maybe next time, before going round accusing people, you should also do your own homework. Your opinion is yours and I always think that you have to do what works for you. For me this stuff has worked. I got my life back to normal again after months of real pain. In future I would also recommend you use up your time for more positive inputs.
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 10:57
Thanks ladies for all your input. My self diagnosis was correct and I managed to find a great doctor. Having done a full course Iof acupuncture treatment coupled with Chinese herbs my back is now almost 100 per cent. I am wondering though where to get some more herbs in Dubai as t have run out and Tong Ren Tang doesn't have them in stock and they said they won't have them for another 2 months! Any ideas? Of course it's correct. If you go to a doctor and give him all the symptoms of the bubonic plague, he is going to tell you that's what it is. Honestly, the people that fall for this mumbo jumbo. Just hope it's not something serious while you waste your time on your "kidney energy." edited by dolleymadison on 31/03/2014 thumbs up
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 10:54
Thanks ladies for all your input. My self diagnosis was correct and I managed to find a great doctor. Having done a full course Iof acupuncture treatment coupled with Chinese herbs my back is now almost 100 per cent. I am wondering though where to get some more herbs in Dubai as t have run out and Tong Ren Tang doesn't have them in stock and they said they won't have them for another 2 months! Any ideas? Of course it's correct. If you go to a doctor and give him all the symptoms of the bubonic plague, he is going to tell you that's what it is. Honestly, the people that fall for this mumbo jumbo. Just hope it's not something serious while you waste your time on your "kidney energy." <em>edited by dolleymadison on 31/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 09:34
Dr. Shurong worked wonders for me too, just in case you ever needed someone again
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 09:28
Thanks ladies for all your input. My self diagnosis was correct and I managed to find a great doctor. Having done a full course Iof acupuncture treatment coupled with Chinese herbs my back is now almost 100 per cent. I am wondering though where to get some more herbs in Dubai as t have run out and Tong Ren Tang doesn't have them in stock and they said they won't have them for another 2 months! Any ideas?
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 22:47
From a search online I have self diagnosed myself with weak kidney energy but now need a good doctor to confirm it and "fix" me. Self diagnosis is very dangerous, I hope you find a qualified medical practitioner to treat you correctly.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 20:09
Nobody here has tried a Chinese medicine practitioner? Really? Try Docotr ShuRong from dubai healthcare city. She has her own clinic doing acupuncture. She is great! She has contract with EK Crew when they injuried such like back pain or wrist..etc.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 16:54
dubai herbal treatment centre
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 16:09
Try Dr Heather Eade at Mediclinic in Dubai Mall. She is a naturalpath and is qualified in acupuncture as well as understanding the principles behind Chinese medicine. 04 449 5111.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 16:09
Try Dr Heather Eade at Mediclinic in Dubai Mall. She is a naturalpath and is qualified in acupuncture as well as understanding the principles behind Chinese medicine. 04 449 5111.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 15:48
I use the Chinese medical centre in Al Hamryia. But, the only problem is their English is so poor. I just trust that he knows what he is doing. I also have lower back problems, disintegrating discs and he has help enormously. He is probably late 50s and well experienced.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 15:32
I'd like to suggest a kidney scan first. Back pain you are referring to is one of the symptoms for the kidney stones which is a common condition in the middle east.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 15:26
Hello ladies. I am searching for a good Chinese medicine practitioner who also speaks fluent English, in Dubai. I have been suffering from lower back pain and fatigue and physiotherapy, chiropractor, yoga, and massages just don't seem to help. From a search online I have self diagnosed myself with weak kidney energy but now need a good doctor to confirm it and "fix" me. Any recommendations? Also, do you know the rates? As this obviously isn't covered by my insurance. Thanks! My insurance covers Chinese herbal remedies, Acupuncture etc http://www.dubaihtc.com/traditional-chinese-medicine-tcm-dubai-herbal-holistic-medicine-treatment-acupuncture-tuina-acupressure-cupping-massage-laseracupuncture/ Try here.
Latest post on 22 January 2014 - 15:16
Nobody here has tried a Chinese medicine practitioner? Really?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY