Paediatric Dentist | ExpatWoman.com

Paediatric Dentist

Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:29
WHAT? Dr Chantal has been our dentist for the past 3 years and we were told at Nicolas and ASp that she has gone on indefinite leave !!! Weve been reassigned to another dentist, who seems nice as well but I wish I knew that Dr Chantal was still around in Dubai....grrrr BTW, Dr Chantal is amazing...simply amazing! Yes, Dr Nicolas always does that, they told us that our other dentist, Dr Chris had gone back to Sweden, then a year later I found him on here and saw him at Dr Michaels too and he said he never left he had been here all the time............why lie??! I can't believe they have been lying to everyone. My dr is dr Donelson and guess where he is now? Dr Michaels of course. Tracked him on fb. :(
Latest post on 11 June 2014 - 13:16
WHAT? Dr Chantal has been our dentist for the past 3 years and we were told at Nicolas and ASp that she has gone on indefinite leave !!! Weve been reassigned to another dentist, who seems nice as well but I wish I knew that Dr Chantal was still around in Dubai....grrrr BTW, Dr Chantal is amazing...simply amazing! Yes, Dr Nicolas always does that, they told us that our other dentist, Dr Chris had gone back to Sweden, then a year later I found him on here and saw him at Dr Michaels too and he said he never left he had been here all the time............why lie??!
Latest post on 01 June 2014 - 16:55
WHAT? Dr Chantal has been our dentist for the past 3 years and we were told at Nicolas and ASp that she has gone on indefinite leave !!! Weve been reassigned to another dentist, who seems nice as well but I wish I knew that Dr Chantal was still around in Dubai....grrrr BTW, Dr Chantal is amazing...simply amazing!
Latest post on 01 June 2014 - 12:54
D Chantal Kengo at dr Michaels, we used to see her at dr Nicolas asp in marina. She has moved now to dr Michaels, Umm sequin one. She is excellent with difficult children, I know mine hate the dentist :-) Thanks so much Preethihappy. Are the ladies here thumbing down the post or the poster? I don't understand why I'm getting thumbsdown for asking a question...
Latest post on 31 May 2014 - 10:46
D Chantal Kengo at dr Michaels, we used to see her at dr Nicolas asp in marina. She has moved now to dr Michaels, Umm sequin one. She is excellent with difficult children, I know mine hate the dentist :-)
Latest post on 14 May 2014 - 10:07
I'm here again. Any recommendation on who to go to at Nicolas and Asp for DS? He is 14 months. Thanks!
Latest post on 01 May 2014 - 08:37
I have crappy insurance, but I took my kids to Dr Roze at The Childrens Medical Centre for their proper dental visit. She was amazing with my two squeamish boys, she even had them sit side by side together on the dental chair, handed them a stuffed dragon with dentures and showed them how she would count their teeth, examine with mirror before she did same on their actual mouths, all the while making very calming noises and reminding the boys to brush their teeth after all meals, esp sweet foods. My kids didn't like the overhead tv screen so she asked assistant to shut it off. After all that, I was fine paying completely out of pocket. Thanks Apricot. Will check. I have called Nicolas&Asp and for consultation and assessment is AED300. Will check with Dr Roze as she is very popular here at EW.
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 23:38
I have crappy insurance, but I took my kids to Dr Roze at The Childrens Medical Centre for their proper dental visit. She was amazing with my two squeamish boys, she even had them sit side by side together on the dental chair, handed them a stuffed dragon with dentures and showed them how she would count their teeth, examine with mirror before she did same on their actual mouths, all the while making very calming noises and reminding the boys to brush their teeth after all meals, esp sweet foods. My kids didn't like the overhead tv screen so she asked assistant to shut it off. After all that, I was fine paying completely out of pocket.
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 19:28
My boys go to the lady at Dr.Joy Dental clinic (near J3 mall umm suqeim) She's lovely and has a mini TV screen attached to the chair if you have young ones that don't find it easy to sit still! Oh wow! DS had his first haircut at Favourite Things and had the same thing. However, he was only distracted for a few minutes then started fussing again. What more if someone starts touching face and mouth! Oh dear! Is 1 yr an appropriate age to see the dentist or is he too young? Yeah my 1 year old wasn't that keen after a while but to be honest it took less than a minute if that - she just counted his teeth, prodded his gums. When we were living in UK they told me to take my other son in when he was 18months and they did the same thing so prob the norm
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 17:40
They've also got a very good adults dentist too :)
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 16:46
The Nicolas & Asp branch at Al Manzil downtown apparently has an amazing paediatric dentist. That's good to hear as I was having a wander about Al Manzil about 2 weeks ago and saw their branch there. I should have went inside and enquired! Will give them a call. Thank you!
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 15:43
The Nicolas & Asp branch at Al Manzil downtown apparently has an amazing paediatric dentist.
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 15:34
I would suggest the younger the better. Perhaps if you take him when you see the dentist and he sees that nothing nasty is going to happen he will probably be ok. A lot also depends on the dentist. You definitely need one who is good with kids. I did this with my two back in the UK and they were and still are fine. Thanks! Spoke with someone from Nicolas and Asp and she did say from 1 year. As I've said, DS does not have dental insurance so hopefully it doesn't cost too much for a consultation.
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 15:18
I would suggest the younger the better. Perhaps if you take him when you see the dentist and he sees that nothing nasty is going to happen he will probably be ok. A lot also depends on the dentist. You definitely need one who is good with kids. I did this with my two back in the UK and they were and still are fine.
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 15:12
My boys go to the lady at Dr.Joy Dental clinic (near J3 mall umm suqeim) She's lovely and has a mini TV screen attached to the chair if you have young ones that don't find it easy to sit still! Oh wow! DS had his first haircut at Favourite Things and had the same thing. However, he was only distracted for a few minutes then started fussing again. What more if someone starts touching face and mouth! Oh dear! Is 1 yr an appropriate age to see the dentist or is he too young?
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 13:50
My boys go to the lady at Dr.Joy Dental clinic (near J3 mall umm suqeim) She's lovely and has a mini TV screen attached to the chair if you have young ones that don't find it easy to sit still!
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 13:18
DS just turned one and already has 12 teeth. I think it's time to see a dentist but not really sure where to go. He's very fussy and I don't think he will ever sit still so that would be a whole lot of fun. We don't have insurance so any idea on the cost for consultation? Thanks as always!
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 12:24
Dr Evan O'Malley at Dubai London Clinic dentist in Jumeirah is brilliant he has always checked my DS's he even makes it fun for them to have their teeth checked!
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 11:19
My children went for a check up at the dentist. Unfortunately, one of them had a cavity that needed to be treated. Dr. Evelien Zijp explained the whole procedure step by step and guided my child very well. She experienced the treatment as non-stressful and is actually looking forward to the next dental visit. I would really recommend Dr. Evelien Zijp to anyone who has children. She is located in North Carolina Dental Practice (Dubai Healthcare City). www.dutchdentistdubai.com
Latest post on 01 February 2014 - 10:13
My kids have used Heather Totten at the Medicentres Clinic in Motor City for the last 10 years. She is fab with them!
Latest post on 29 January 2014 - 16:24
She's excellent. The Children's Medical Centre, cnr Al Wasl/Manara Roads: http://www.tcmcdubai.com/pediatric-subspecialties/pediatric-dentistry/
Latest post on 29 January 2014 - 16:02
I've always heard very good things about Dr Agnes Roze. Not idea where she works though. Maybe another poster will know.
Latest post on 29 January 2014 - 13:29
please suggest a good pediatric dentist in jumeirah area for my 6 year old. she has some decays and a couple of cavities to be taken care of...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY