Has anyone studied Cache level 3 diploma online from NEC? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone studied Cache level 3 diploma online from NEC?

Latest post on 05 June 2018 - 08:15
hi, im planning to cache level 3 diploma in early years workforce through a registered center outside UAE, can any one tell if is their any difference between Certificates issued by Cache for UAE s...
Hi bhlw, did you end up doing this? I’m also considering the online course but worries it’s not approved by KHDA....
Latest post on 14 April 2018 - 18:46
hi, im planning to cache level 3 diploma in early years workforce through a registered center outside UAE, can any one tell if is their any difference between Certificates issued by Cache for UAE students & other than UAE. is their any logo of KHDA approval on certificates issued for students enrolled from UAE based Cache registered institutes. Please reply if anyone knows about it.
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 15:34
i want to know is this course ( Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care) is equivalent to cache Level 2 Introduction to Early Years Education and Care if equal and student finish this advance certificate in early childhood education and care then he she can take cache Level 3 Early Years Educator - 4 Terms is this institute register or not http://arabianchild.org/auto-draft-4/level-2-certificate http://arabianchild.org/auto-draft-4/cache-level-3 and is above institute reputation is good or not as compare to http://www.eyes-me.com/course-details?id=25 because both have difference of fees 7000 aed
Latest post on 27 February 2014 - 19:02
be wary of on line correspondence courses - the KHDA don't acknowledge correspondence courses if you'd want to be a registered teacher in schools in Dubai - not sure what the situation is with Cache quals in nurseries.
Latest post on 27 February 2014 - 18:59
Pre school practice. I have the textbook for the later, looks equally as bad! edited by Elmpark on 03/02/2014 I am thinking of doing the Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young Peoples Workforce - Disappointing to hear that the course is not interesting. I looked into doing it from EYES (Sarah Rogers) in knowledge village but NEC is much cheaper for the same qualification. And with Eyes , I will need to finish the Level 2 first as I have no previous Nursery work experience. I have been told that with NEC we can directly do the Level 3. @Elmpark, did you have to do the Level 2 before doing the Level 3 Pre school diploma? Also do you feel that the course could have been more interesting if instead of doing it online, it was done by attending the 3 hr weekly workshops? @smf, I have also heard that the same course can be done by City & Guilds in Dubai. edited by Glitzi on 03/02/2014 No I haven't done level 2 just straight in at level 3. I have friends from work doing it both at Knowledge village and also at city and guilds, the latter is cheaper I think. Yes probably a class room based course would be more interesting but for me was far more expensive than I would wish to pay for this qualification. I am basically doing it as I currently work in a pre-school setting that requires me to have the qualification. I had hoped it would give me ideas and practical advice but it really doesn't and also has so little relevance to nurseries here...so constantly have to pretend that I am in the UK...quite tricky as I have never worked in a UK nursery! If money is no object then do the classroom based one as it just HAS to be better! edited by Elmpark on 04/02/2014 Sorry for the late response Elmpark - Thanks a lot for your reply! I have decided to not go with the online option, so it would be either City and guilds or EYES. I agree that a classroom based course would keep it more interesting.
Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 10:28
Hi.. I am currently working in a nursery setting as a volunteer, but need to get the qualification to get a paid position and visa/work permit... I am equally confused as to where to study, has anyone managed to get sorted?
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 20:50
Same here smf, it is a big career change for me as well...excited and apprehensive at the same time! I have not spoken to any nurseries....is it easy to get a voluntary position with a Nursery? Do they pay you some basic allowance for it ? For the course - I am pretty confused as well...but am leaning more towards the city and guild course rather than doing it online. Some nurseries will take you while you are working towards the qualification so basically you get a full salary and study in your own time, or you could look to supply maybe?
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 20:37
Pre school practice. I have the textbook for the later, looks equally as bad! edited by Elmpark on 03/02/2014 I am thinking of doing the Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young Peoples Workforce - Disappointing to hear that the course is not interesting. I looked into doing it from EYES (Sarah Rogers) in knowledge village but NEC is much cheaper for the same qualification. And with Eyes , I will need to finish the Level 2 first as I have no previous Nursery work experience. I have been told that with NEC we can directly do the Level 3. @Elmpark, did you have to do the Level 2 before doing the Level 3 Pre school diploma? Also do you feel that the course could have been more interesting if instead of doing it online, it was done by attending the 3 hr weekly workshops? @smf, I have also heard that the same course can be done by City & Guilds in Dubai. edited by Glitzi on 03/02/2014 No I haven't done level 2 just straight in at level 3. I have friends from work doing it both at Knowledge village and also at city and guilds, the latter is cheaper I think. Yes probably a class room based course would be more interesting but for me was far more expensive than I would wish to pay for this qualification. I am basically doing it as I currently work in a pre-school setting that requires me to have the qualification. I had hoped it would give me ideas and practical advice but it really doesn't and also has so little relevance to nurseries here...so constantly have to pretend that I am in the UK...quite tricky as I have never worked in a UK nursery! If money is no object then do the classroom based one as it just HAS to be better! <em>edited by Elmpark on 04/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 19:59
Same here smf, it is a big career change for me as well...excited and apprehensive at the same time! I have not spoken to any nurseries....is it easy to get a voluntary position with a Nursery? Do they pay you some basic allowance for it ? For the course - I am pretty confused as well...but am leaning more towards the city and guild course rather than doing it online.
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 13:05
From their reply, I understand that we would have to find the Assessor ourselves and if the Assessor is based out of Dubai we would have to pay for their flight and the fee ( I had read this on another institute's website, for overseas students) Yes, I would like to finish the Level 3 course in about a year's time - so the EYES option of finishing it in 2 years along with the huge difference in price is not appealing. I will research the City and guild option as it may take away the headache of finding the Assessor. smf , do you have any previous nursery work experience or you already volunteering in one? I believe that's the other prerequisite? Everything is a bit vague for me at this stage.... edited by Glitzi on 04/02/2014 @glitzi Similar to you I don't have experience in nursery, I'm working on changing my career path to working as a nursery teacher. I've spoken to a few schools who are ready to give me a volunteering position. So hopefully I will start the volunteering in a week or two, but I'm still confused regarding where to study this course.
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 12:24
From their reply, I understand that we would have to find the Assessor ourselves and if the Assessor is based out of Dubai we would have to pay for their flight and the fee ( I had read this on another institute's website, for overseas students) Yes, I would like to finish the Level 3 course in about a year's time - so the EYES option of finishing it in 2 years along with the huge difference in price is not appealing. I will research the City and guild option as it may take away the headache of finding the Assessor. smf , do you have any previous nursery work experience or you already volunteering in one? I believe that's the other prerequisite? Everything is a bit vague for me at this stage.... <em>edited by Glitzi on 04/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 10:24
@smf I had sent an email to Nec to find out if we would need to be assessed at workplace for the Level 3 (DCYPW) This is the reply I got: [i'>[i'>Thank you for your enquiry. Because you are overseas we cannot send our tutor to do the final observation in the workplace. You can either nominate a qualified assessor, whom we will vet before you begin the course. An attachment describes their qualifications required. Or there are organisations appearing who can supply an assessor in some regions.[/i'>[/i'> @Glitzi Thanks for sharing this info. I had asked the same question with NEC, was still waiting for their reply. I think it's still vague, who would pay a local assessor, is NEC expecting the assessor to volunteer just for assessing? Will try to ask this to NEC. Even I spoke to EYES in knowledge village. Studying level 2 and level 3 together would take 2 years to complete, plus 3 times the money compared to what I would pay NEC for Level 3 DCYPW I've also spoken to someone from city and guilds (www.qualitymatters4children.com), apparently its same as cache but just another entity. Their cost is similar to NEC. With once a week workshop. Only advantage NEC has is that you can study at your pace and finish your course faster or slower.
Latest post on 04 February 2014 - 09:31
@smf I had sent an email to Nec to find out if we would need to be assessed at workplace for the Level 3 (DCYPW) This is the reply I got: [i'>[i'>Thank you for your enquiry. Because you are overseas we cannot send our tutor to do the final observation in the workplace. You can either nominate a qualified assessor, whom we will vet before you begin the course. An attachment describes their qualifications required. Or there are organisations appearing who can supply an assessor in some regions.[/i'>[/i'>
Latest post on 03 February 2014 - 23:27
Pre school practice. I have the textbook for the later, looks equally as bad! edited by Elmpark on 03/02/2014 I am thinking of doing the Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young Peoples Workforce - Disappointing to hear that the course is not interesting. I looked into doing it from EYES (Sarah Rogers) in knowledge village but NEC is much cheaper for the same qualification. And with Eyes , I will need to finish the Level 2 first as I have no previous Nursery work experience. I have been told that with NEC we can directly do the Level 3. @Elmpark, did you have to do the Level 2 before doing the Level 3 Pre school diploma? Also do you feel that the course could have been more interesting if instead of doing it online, it was done by attending the 3 hr weekly workshops? @smf, I have also heard that the same course can be done by City & Guilds in Dubai. <em>edited by Glitzi on 03/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 February 2014 - 17:43
Pre school practice. I have the textbook for the later, looks equally as bad! <em>edited by Elmpark on 03/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 03 February 2014 - 17:14
I am 3/4 through this course, it is all essays no in work obs, or assessment with NEC. In nov the course changed and is much more expensive now and is up to age 18. I am not enjoying the course and feel I have learnt very little. @ Elmpark, Which course are you exactly taking from NEC? Because I remember they have two Cache level 3 diplomas, one was Preschool Practice (which is not offered anymore and was cheaper), and the other is Diploma for Children and Young Peoples Workforce (DCYPW).
Latest post on 02 February 2014 - 18:53
I am 3/4 through this course, it is all essays no in work obs, or assessment with NEC. In nov the course changed and is much more expensive now and is up to age 18. I am not enjoying the course and feel I have learnt very little.
Latest post on 02 February 2014 - 09:32
I was considering the Cache level 3 diploma from www.nec.ac.uk a few months back. There was some confusion regarding the need to have an Assessor come an observe you at the workplace. I wasn't sure how that would be possible with an online course. But to be honest I did not investigate it any further and I am still not sure if that really is a requirement. This is the link to that thread: http://www.expatwoman.com/qatar/forum/topic203002-question-for-the-nursery-teachers.aspx Since then, I am again reconsidering the course, so please update the thread if you find something out :) HTH
Latest post on 01 February 2014 - 19:25
I completed this course over 10 years ago. The communication and course material were excellent. I had no teaching experience so helped out in a Nursery for a year across the different age groups.
Latest post on 01 February 2014 - 15:25
Dear all, I'm planning to start a new career into preschool teaching, and I'm planning to take up a Cache level 3 diploma from www.nec.ac.uk. As I understand Cache level 3 diploma is the basic qualification to enter teaching in preschools/ nurseries. If anyone has taken similar course from NEC, I would like to hear your review about it. Thanks and regards.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY