Hair loss - FINALLY found something that helped | ExpatWoman.com

Hair loss - FINALLY found something that helped

Latest post on 10 February 2014 - 17:13

Just wanted to share this as I have posted before about my terrible hair loss and so many women were going through the same thing.

I went to Sisters salon at Dubai Mall a couple of months ago and the stylist recommended Kerastase Cure Intensive Anti Chute ampoules. These are little glass vials of watery liquid - you distribute one through your scalp every day for about 40 days (on wet or dry hair, doesn't matter as it dried without any residue either way). I was warned not to miss a single day!

I was really sceptical about this as I have tried so many things and there wasn't much online about the product. Also it is not cheap (think it was about AED 800 for the full supply).

I've just finished the treatment last week and the difference is fantastic! After about a week, there was noticeably less hair coming away in my brush or when washing. Previously when my hair was in a pony tail you could clearly see my scalp around my temples. Now my hair is, I would guesstimate, almost double the thickness it was before the treatment.

I'm continuing for 60 days now with the maintenance spray, and supposedly that should do me for a year when I should repeat the ampoules again.

Just wanted to share in case this can help anyone else. For the first time in so long I'm happy to leave my hair down and I don't feel so paranoid about DH noticing my scalp and thin hair...

Best of luck!

Latest post on 10 May 2014 - 07:44
I bought the Wet Brush from Tips and a Toes for 65 dhs. Not sure where else sells them. Very gentle on knotty hair so I've found it's really helped when combing my hair after shampooing. Give it a try! Very gentle even on the knottiest of hair and so pulls out less then a regular brush.
Latest post on 09 May 2014 - 21:50
GirlAnachronism, or ladies who have purchased the Kerastase intensive product, can you tell us more about how the product was sold? I have heard in US it is sold in boxes of ten ampoules and sells for about 60 USD? OP said paid about 800AED for the full supply? Sounds like a big price difference, hopefully not different products. Also, how has your hair held up?
Latest post on 27 March 2014 - 11:34
Hi, you can buy the pure Moroccan Oil from IZIL https://www.facebook.com/IZIL.NaturalArganBeauty They have a shop in Dubai Festival City Mall and they deliver as well
Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 00:47
I believe you. Similar product by Phyto: http://www.beauty.com/phyto-phytolium-4-thinning-hair-treatment/qxp319261?catid=13006 Read the reviews all over the net of this product, part of the Phyto range. I have seen my mums friend in her 50's suddenly have much better hair, all thinning spots disappeared. I am tempted to try this and I'm only in my 30's but Dubai :( has taken away most of my hair. SO I need this solution!!!
Latest post on 11 February 2014 - 12:32
Another vote for Kerastase Cure Intensive Anti Chute ampules. I've done three courses now. Roughly one a year. You need to make sure that the hair loss is at the roots and not due to breakage or the ampules wouldn't affect that. I lost nearly half my hair when we came here (something about the water being harsher than the UK) and these ampules essentially stopped the hairfall. All the treatments I'd tried before only slowed it down. I'm now considering going for the new Densitive ampules from Kerastase as they claim to improve hair density. We'll see, but I am very happy with the other ampules so willing to give this a shot. I did try Argan oil, Frangipani Oil (only way I could tolerate the coconut smell), Regain and fresh Aloe Vera. They only worked for as long as I continued to use them and stopped soon after. I still use use them sometimes but only as a booster. I also love Chronologiste which (as my hairdresser puts it) is like "lipgloss" for the hair. Thanks for sharing OP!
Latest post on 11 February 2014 - 11:37
Amyly - good advice too. Dauphin - I hear a lot about Moroccan Argan Oil but have not been able to find it. Where do you buy yours?
Latest post on 11 February 2014 - 11:29
All this is really good! But do realize...this is all external treatment. If you are facing major Hair loss problems, do try to find the [b'>underlying cause[/b'> of it. Hair loss is usually a "symptom" and not always merely the problem! The top 2 causes for hair loss in women are 1. Iron deficiency in the form of Ferritin complex (this could be lower even if your Haemoglobin count is normal, this is essentially a storage iron molecule. To get this tested specifically ask for a "ferritin test", its v. cheap) 2. B complex (generally in vegetarians and vegans). Also can be due to a thyroid related issues. If you feel you are suffering severe hair loss (especially with no history of baldness in family) do pay one single visit to an Internal Medicine Doctor and get checked. These problems are treatable extremely easily, but if untreated could lead to other bigger issues. My hair loss problems were on lines of B12 and ferritin deficiency, i was started on Iron & B12 supplements and the improvement is really good. So I strongly suggest to treat it internally as well.
Latest post on 10 February 2014 - 21:05
By the way I know the cost is a lot, I'm not one to go to salons more than twice a year anyway and when I got the bill I was a bit jittery! However thankfully it has worked for me and after spending goodness knows how much on shampoos, vitamins, healthy food plans, shower filters etc I feel this was money well spent :) Of course it may not work for others so it's a risk...but anyway I do hope it helps someone because female hair loss is pretty depressing. If you want to read up the key ingredients on the box are aminexil and glyco lipids (sp?). I sound like I work for them but just excited, was going to post a couple of weeks in but wanted to wait until I finished the treatment before making any recommendations!
Latest post on 10 February 2014 - 20:54
Maroosh I have the same problem with oils as my hair is very fine so it looks oily very easily. I was pleased that this just soaked in and wasn't noticeable or greasy. Not sure about where you can get it but I would think that any salon with a good range of Kerastase products would sell it. I'm using an Argan oil conditioning masque too right now which has made my hair much softer and shinier. Overall doing well hair wise at last, touch wood!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 10 February 2014 - 18:41
Thanks for sharing! I have serious hair loss too so will give it a go:) Hair oils always just sit in my hair and need soo much shampoo to be washed out it just defeats the purpose. Do they only sell it at Sisters or other places as well?
Latest post on 10 February 2014 - 18:29
I also was sufferinf from hair loss and a terribly receding hairline. Since last May I have been "on a program" of various habits and my hair is growing back and thick-however- its growing back very kinky/wavy and a different texture. Also a wad of grey (yikes!). I use argon , coconut oils, Regain (Men's strength) and supplements. Anyone else find thier hair is growing back differently?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY