So sad today | ExpatWoman.com

So sad today

Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 15:00

So, it seems to be over for my poor darling DD. She had her last IVF embryo implant last week and found out yesterday that she is not pregnant. The other eggs that were fertilised did not survive. It seems that she and her DH have incompatibility issues and embryos are not surviving beyond a few days. Just don't know how to comfort her. DH and I cried ourselves silly last night, not because we won't have grandchildren from our DD but because her dream of being a mum since she was a little girl has been quashed. I get so angry when I hear all these stories of babies and tots being neglected and even killed by their own parents when our DD and our SIL would be such loving parents.

Latest post on 24 March 2014 - 15:03
If I could, I would have hugged your DD to comfort her as I have been through similar situation where my IUI didnt work followed by embryo getting rejected so IVF failed. It was 6 years of living nitemare where every nite I would cry myself to sleep till we adopted. Got so busy with our little toddler that forgot about fertility... she turned 11 last year and we found out I was pregnant! 14 years of marriage and thousands spent on treatment...screwing up my hormones with injections and wat not. Now I have a miracle in my home...my lil son turned 1 this March...miracles do happen, pls have faith. This baby was a complete shock and surprise ..for Indians getting pregnant at 37 years of age is not very common! Hope she takes time off all treatments, focusses on detoxing... as it helped me fall pregnant naturally I guess....warm hugs to your family Joyce...
Latest post on 08 March 2014 - 17:26
Surrogacy? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2574690/Wombs-rent-The-Indian-baby-farms-transforming-lives-poverty-stricken-local-women.html[/quot No, sorry, wouldn't be considered by my DD as an option. Apart from anything else, they just don't have the money. The IVF she has had was on the NHS and they can't afford to go private and she doesn't want to continue due to the stress and impact it has on her body.
Latest post on 08 March 2014 - 14:59
Surrogacy? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2574690/Wombs-rent-The-Indian-baby-farms-transforming-lives-poverty-stricken-local-women.html
Latest post on 08 March 2014 - 13:44
Thank you once again for the kind words. My DD is doing OK and there is always the chance that she may fall pregnant naturally. There seems to be an incompatibility issue and the embryos got to a certain stage then stopped growing. Her body just seems to reject the embryo a couple of days after implant. She has inherited a condition called thrombophilia from my DH and his side of the family so any pregnancy is going to be difficult for her. Anyhow, she is visiting our DS in Dubai with her DH then they are off to Thailand for 2 weeks. On their return, they have an appointment with 2 adoption agencies. She will have her family, one way or the other. Bless you all for giving me a sounding board. xx
Latest post on 08 March 2014 - 10:46
Hi, just wanted to tell my story, I had 3 attempts at ivf, failed at all of them, the last attempt nearly took my life as I got a DVT in my leg which is a condition when the blood becomes very thick and clots. The doc said I was lucky to b alive when I reached the hospital as it was very extensive. My husband said we would not go thru any therapy again and I lost all hope. But a few months later I became pregnant naturally! And now have a beautiful baby boy. I remember crying thru sooo many nights. Do not give up hope......u don't know what the future holds.
Latest post on 06 March 2014 - 21:09
Oh Joyce, I teared up reading this. Please tell your daughter not to give up. Like her, I have always dreamed of becoming a mother. We had to go through IVF too and we only had 1 shot at it, I had to take out a loan and it will 4 years to pay. We took a leap of faith and was blessed with twins, we lost 1 at 27 weeks but we still have a bubbly little boy. I can only imagine her disappointments and frustrations, she is not alone, a lot of us go through that, and more. My prayers are with her and with your family.
Latest post on 19 February 2014 - 13:40
This really breaks my heart.. i am so sorry this is happening.. but it's still not too late.. hopefully she will get what her heart desires.. if not now then soon.. miracles do happen.. best of luck..
Latest post on 19 February 2014 - 13:32
Oh JoyceB really sad to hear this but like ladies below have mentioned already miracles do happen and I'm a strong believer of it. Don't know much to say but big hugs for you and your DD and family.
Latest post on 16 February 2014 - 12:29
never lose hope, my friend went through IVF, and nothing happened, then she got pregnant naturally twice. She has 2 boys now, both miracle babies as she says.
Latest post on 16 February 2014 - 08:10
I have herad this sad tale a few times and each time the couple have concieved naturally after IVF and it has been a complete surprise to everyone. PLease dont give up hope :-)
Latest post on 14 February 2014 - 03:22
Thank you dear ladies, your kind words are a great comfort. My DD is such a strong young lady and way back when she and her DH realised that natural parenthood may not happen for them, started to look at adoption. They did, however, hope that IVF would help them to have the family they longed for but it seems now that this just won't happen. We will just have to see what the future holds for them. Thanks again. x
Latest post on 13 February 2014 - 22:40
Oh Joyce I am so sorry to read that things not have worked out for your DD and SIL. I know we feel the pain our children are going through, sometime worse than our own. Praying for you all. N xxx
Latest post on 13 February 2014 - 18:36
I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your DD and SIL's situation. As someone who left motherhood for very late in life and never really gave it a lot of thought when I was younger, I would give up everything now for my DS. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to someone who has wanted this forever. I'm sorry I don't have any words of comfort, but I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you and your DD, and I hope there will be a little help from above to make her dream come true.
Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 17:30
I am so sorry Joyce, I had a few years of trying for a baby and a few miscarriages so I can perhaps understand a small part of what she might be going through. Just to throw it out there, and I don't know your daughters medical history but if she's determined to be a mum maybe there are more options to explore, egg doner, sperm doner, surrogate, adoption. Maybe there could be some hope there, but I understand she must be grieving and there is only so much you can put your body through before you decide its enough. Sorry I am not really much help, just wanted to write a reply as I can understand her pain. Thank you for your reply, it's much appreciated. I too had many miscarriages but was eventually able to have my DD and DS within 5 years of my DH and I marrying. She is seriously thinking about adoption but sperm/egg donation is very expensive and they can't afford it plus she has a couple of health issues so has to be careful. We can always hang on to the hope that she could just fall pregnant naturally. It's just so sad.
Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 17:23
I also not sure what to say to help but agree with ilovechoos. X
Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 17:07
I am so sorry Joyce, I had a few years of trying for a baby and a few miscarriages so I can perhaps understand a small part of what she might be going through. Just to throw it out there, and I don't know your daughters medical history but if she's determined to be a mum maybe there are more options to explore, egg doner, sperm doner, surrogate, adoption. Maybe there could be some hope there, but I understand she must be grieving and there is only so much you can put your body through before you decide its enough. Sorry I am not really much help, just wanted to write a reply as I can understand her pain.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY