Flying Emirates DXB/Houston with a dog vs. sending her via Kennels & Cattery | ExpatWoman.com

Flying Emirates DXB/Houston with a dog vs. sending her via Kennels & Cattery

Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 16:33

Has anyone done a long flight like this with your dog? We would fly on the same flight from here to Houston, and my labrador would be checked in as "baggage" and be put in the cargo hold.

A friend said Emirates has a good reputation as far as transporting animals. I've never traveled with her before so I'm not sure whether to do this or use Dubai Kennels & Cattery. If they send her, she would fly via KLM with a stopover in Amsterdam where she'll be walked for a short time.

Would appreciate experiences please!!

Latest post on 18 February 2014 - 19:26
Decision made - they're going via DKC :)
Latest post on 16 February 2014 - 18:38
Look at the Emirates Sky Cargo site with the info re pets..also speak to someone like DKC as they are very helpful. http://www.skycargo.com/english/Images/Animal_Care_Leaflet_new_tcm548-1083548.pdf <em>edited by QueenL on 16/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 February 2014 - 16:37
My only experience was flying our five pets in from the UK. The company we used over there booked them on Emirates and they were met by DKC at this end as we weren't able to travel with them. If given the choice I would prefer them to just take the one journey instead of having to take off and land twice. It's probably not that stressful, it's just my preference.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY