Unsweetened Chocolate | ExpatWoman.com

Unsweetened Chocolate

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 21:05
Hershey's makes an unsweetened baking chocolate bar. I use them all the time. I think I got mine from Park and Shop, but I believe you can also get them at Safeway, LuLu Center, and I think even Geant had them. I like them because they are premeasured squares of 1/2 oz each/14 gr. each. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 19:55
I'm looking for about a 1/2 kilo of organic raw cocoa powder -- are there any health food stores with better prices than the others? I can get it for $10 on Amazon so I might shop&ship it if it's more than 70dhs or so here.... Any recommendations for the easiest one to access around the JLT area, and later Mirdiff where we'll be moving after a week?
Latest post on 24 February 2014 - 10:04
sorry Di but coconut sugar, honey and agave all contain sugar.... so your chocolate is not sugar free!!! Yes you don't have to add it if you don't want to! I included healthy sweetener options for those who may prefer a sweeter taste, just leave if out if you want bitter choc! Sorry thought that would be obvious :) Have amended the recipe accordingly. edited by Di@DXB on 24/02/2014 Thanks Di, i'll probably add stevia since it is 0 calroies and 100% natural sweetener.. will give it a shot very soon and will let you know how it turned out x Stevia is a good option too, just add all ingredients bit by bit so you can judge consistency and flavour, you can increase or decrease any of the ingredients as you please the ratios are only a guide. Have fun :)
Latest post on 24 February 2014 - 09:28
sorry Di but coconut sugar, honey and agave all contain sugar.... so your chocolate is not sugar free!!! Yes you don't have to add it if you don't want to! I included healthy sweetener options for those who may prefer a sweeter taste, just leave if out if you want bitter choc! Sorry thought that would be obvious :) Have amended the recipe accordingly. edited by Di@DXB on 24/02/2014 Thanks Di, i'll probably add stevia since it is 0 calroies and 100% natural sweetener.. will give it a shot very soon and will let you know how it turned out x
Latest post on 24 February 2014 - 08:45
sorry Di but coconut sugar, honey and agave all contain sugar.... so your chocolate is not sugar free!!! Yes you don't have to add it if you don't want to! I included healthy sweetener options for those who may prefer a sweeter taste, just leave if out if you want bitter choc! Sorry thought that would be obvious :) Have amended the recipe accordingly. <em>edited by Di@DXB on 24/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 February 2014 - 08:39
sorry Di but coconut sugar, honey and agave all contain sugar.... so your chocolate is not sugar free!!!
Latest post on 24 February 2014 - 08:33
It's so easy to make your own chocolate you will not look back! I only make dark chocs from 100% raw organic Cacao powder which you will find in the organic stores. (here's the difference between cacao and cacoa [url=http://forestsuperfoods.com.au/media/cocoa-vs-cacao.jpg'>link[/url'> You can use regular store bought drinking chocolate powder but it will have sugar or artificial sweeteners in it and be processed so not contain the full anti oxidant benefits of the raw cacao. (To go off a bit about raw organic cacao its the highest rating dry food on the ORAC chart coming in at a whopping 95,500 per 100 gms as compared to Gogi berries that only rank at 25,300.) This chocolate is actually a health food and because there's no added fat or sugar its actually good for you and completely [b'>guilt free[/b'>! So here's the recipe, I use cocao butter, you can use coconut oil but it will make a softer choc or half and half if you like . Ingredients: 100g Raw Organic Cacao Butter 6 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder 2-4 Tablespoons Coconut sugar or Agave nectar or honey (omit for unsweetened choc) A pinch of Himalayan rock salt - Optional Method Melt Cocao butter in Bain marie until completely liquid in lowest heat Add Cocao powder and whisk by hand with balloon whisk( metal one is better than plastic) Add the sweetener little by little and taste for preference Add the salt if using Pour into moulds Let is set in freezer for 20 mins or in fridge for 2 hours Enjoy! You can add chilli flakes, coffee, vanillia, lemon zest, orange peel peppermint essence and chopped nuts or anything you fancy for extras. For the calorie conscious each plain choc if in individual mould size will have 30 calories. ETA leave the sweetener out for unsweetened chocs! <em>edited by Di@DXB on 24/02/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 February 2014 - 17:40
Hi EW, Where can I get Unsweetened Chocolate from? TIA You can find the cacao power unsweetened from most of the organic shops, I use this to make my own raw organic chocs. If you want unsweetened bars there are lots of sugar free ones in the supermarkets but they have some kind of artificial or other alternative sweetener which personally I don't like so the only solution I find is to make my own which can be more delish anyway plus save you money. If you don't want the hassle maybe find one of the vendors who make chocs at the markets and ask for a custom sugar free one. I think there is a lady at Arte who makes chocolates. Please share your recipe would love to make my own chocolate.. thanks a lot
Latest post on 23 February 2014 - 17:22
Hi Di@DXB Do you mind sharing your chocolate recipe? I want to make my own chocolate :)
Latest post on 23 February 2014 - 16:30
Thanks Di@DXB. Needed it to add in a frosting called French Silk. Will check in C4.
Latest post on 22 February 2014 - 19:16
Hi EW, Where can I get Unsweetened Chocolate from? TIA You can find the cacao power unsweetened from most of the organic shops, I use this to make my own raw organic chocs. If you want unsweetened bars there are lots of sugar free ones in the supermarkets but they have some kind of artificial or other alternative sweetener which personally I don't like so the only solution I find is to make my own which can be more delish anyway plus save you money. If you don't want the hassle maybe find one of the vendors who make chocs at the markets and ask for a custom sugar free one. I think there is a lady at Arte who makes chocolates.
Latest post on 22 February 2014 - 12:52
Hi EW, Where can I get Unsweetened Chocolate from? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY