Teaching and managerial jobs in Muscat | ExpatWoman.com

Teaching and managerial jobs in Muscat

Latest post on 26 February 2014 - 10:54
Hi there, The problem with regards to your salary is that there are loads and loads and loads of Asian English teachers here all looking for jobs. So, if you did get a job it would more than likely be in an Asian school or very small local private school and I doubt very much you would earn more than a a few hundred rials a month. As for international schools or the better local private schools - well they would really be looking to employ western educated or qualified staff and the salaries reflect that fact. And what a lot of the schools are now doing is to employ couples in order to save on costs indirectly. I know none of this is what you probably wanted to hear, and I'm sorry, but its the reality. With regards to your mum - a lot would be taken into account, with nationality playing a very big part in what a salary is likely to be.
Latest post on 22 February 2014 - 19:41
HEllo everyone, Me and my mom are considering shifting from Dubai to Muscat. I am an aspiring English teacher, so i would like to know how much Asian English teachers are paid in Muscat. And my mother has been offered the post of regional manager at a cosmetics company in muscat. In order to negotiate her salary, could smn please tell me how much other regional managers are paid for in muscat? And is health care for expats expensive? Thank you.