Learning to drive and i'm stressed | ExpatWoman.com

Learning to drive and i'm stressed

Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 19:02
We've probably all felt like you at one point. Just keep going, you'll regret it later when you give up now.
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 18:57
Its absolutely normal. It is very terrifying to learn how to drive. A good calm patient instructor is a must. It will get better with time and lots of practice. Hang in there! Nothing like driving your own wheels legally ;)
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 17:57
Hi Marian Absolutely don't give up! I remember my first driving lessons (in a quiet leafy part of Berkshire, England) and I would come back sweating and palpitating! Luckily my dad was a very patient instructor / coach and even when I turned the wrong way down a slip road onto the M4 motorway, he kept his calm! Learning to drive is IMO an invaluable skill, part of growing up and essential in order to live in many parts of the world. Yes the roads here are super scary but why not try in some very quiet areas, like the roads of Jumeirah, or early Friday mornings for example. It takes time and coordination and in my case, 2 failed exams and 45 lessons but I got there in the end. You will too. Don't give up! Marian you'll be so pleased eventually if you stick with it.My experience many years ago was just like TDB.It took me three attempts but when I look back there have been so many times in life when I just couldn't have managed without a car! I have a very good friend who has never learnt and her life has been so restricted because of it,having to rely on her husband all the time. When I started to drive in Dubai I was terrified,I really thought I would die (I don't exagerate) but I made myself do it because I needed to do the school run.I used to come home shaking and I was an experienced driver so I do sympathise but you get used to it quicker than you think.I bet this time next year you'll have some miles under your belt and be feeling pleased with your achievement :)
Latest post on 25 February 2014 - 17:26
Don't give up. Everyone starts off the same way whether you are 15, 25 or 35. Driving gets easier with confidence and practice. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY