Painting brown wooden furniture white | ExpatWoman.com

Painting brown wooden furniture white

Latest post on 08 November 2017 - 01:38
I want to recommend you Mr. Ali (055 771 7526). He is a very good carpenter and interior decorator. He even know the painting skills. He deserve all this recommendation. He can do painter, wallpaper and carpentry jobs for you very nicely.
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 15:04
Luckys in sharjah will do it for you, they will come to your house on a friday, but only if you originally bought the furniture from them. It took us 3 hours to do 2 bedside tables with drawers, from start to finish, it really is very easy. Otherwise, show some pictures to a handyman/painter, sure they'd hav a go at it!
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 13:47
yes problem is that I have only one day off in the week and do not want to spend weeks doing this and at least if I can see how they do it on one piece then Ii might have the courage to try it too. I am not good in creative things and have even never painted a wall...
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 11:51
Oh my god, from time to time I a scared of myself with the ideas I have:) Thank you ladies, I think google and perhaps youtube is my best bet to look again into it including you suggestions. Would have loved if someone would have done a piece so I can look how they do it and do the rest myself. I have couple/ many pieces to get it done. But think its cheaper to do the painting then buy new furniture:) I heard there is a shop in al Quoz who does it for you, but my friend didn't know the name. Will check the other threads too.
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 11:19
Paint stripper/remover also takes the varnish off completely and quickly. There was a thread just last week about this, something about "do up" in the title.
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 10:58
If the furniture is varnished you will need to sand off the varnish, then white wash it with paint and then sand it back to show the wood coming through. You may want to varnish it again You would need: Sand paper Paint Brushes Varnish (?) terps to clean brushes.
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 10:29
I would like to paint brown wooden furniture white. I am not sure if I want to have it full white or perhaps the finish of used furniture where a bit of brown is coming out. Do you know a company who would do this to paint furniture? If I would do it what do I need and do you think its easy?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY