Exporting our cats UAE to Bulgaria | ExpatWoman.com

Exporting our cats UAE to Bulgaria

Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 16:15

We leave in 2 months and will be taking our 5 cats with us. Does anyone have any advice on how to start the process which I plan to do myself or recommendations of airlines from Dubai to Sofia please?
Many thanks

Latest post on 11 March 2014 - 23:13
Many thanks Ladies. I'll give Emirates a call as I'm confused about how long before travel they can obtain their 'fit to travel' certificate, 7 days or 1 month. SJ: How do you obtain 'ownership papers' for cats that adopted us? Also need to get hold of 5 IATA approved cat boxes, as mine don't have the approved lock on them. :)
Latest post on 07 March 2014 - 01:15
You do not need any assistance! Everything is pretty simple. Just contact Emirates airlines and they will tell you everything. I flew from UAE to Czech Republic with Emirates and everything was perfect. You pay only for the weight of your cat + the cage. The cage should be the proper size so the animal can move around. Only one cat allowed in 1 box.
Latest post on 02 March 2014 - 16:47
We leave in 2 months and will be taking our 5 cats with us. Does anyone have any advice on how to start the process which I plan to do myself or recommendations of airlines from Dubai to Sofia please? Many thanks Hi Sushifee Hope the following is of some help.... Import of Pets The following documents are needed for import customs clearance of a pet in Bulgaria: ◾Pet must be microchipped ◾Health certificate ◾Rabies vaccination not more than 6 months old ◾Pet’s passport showing proof of all shots and medical records ◾Ownership papers ◾Notarized power of attorney to arrange customs procedures – sample can be provided for reference The best airline to Sofia is Emirates so it would be best to speak with them. I transported my cats back to my home country (4) and will need to advise that it is not cheap by any standards but that was far from my mind. If you do decide to have assistance in this, then the best person in the region, by my mind, is Linda Tedd and you will find her via the Bin Kitty Collective page on FB. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY