abayas for very cheap? | ExpatWoman.com

abayas for very cheap?

Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 08:13

Hey ladies, anyone knows of a place where I can find good quality abayas for a cheap price?

Latest post on 04 August 2016 - 13:17
Naif Souq old traditional market is one of the best for abayas.
Latest post on 04 August 2016 - 13:06
Ajman. That's where all of the locals go. there's one roundabout in the center of town and it is surounded by Abaya shops. Also, Naif market you can get cheap ones for 50 to 60 AED. You have to know your materials though as they vary widely. I stopped at a shop in Al Ain while passing through and paid 250 for one with good quality "nada" material (like a crepe / chiffon). The guy was able to tailor it within a couple of hours. Nada comes in different weights - heavy to light as a feather. It feels very smooth and is cooler than the polyester ones. It's not quite a durable though. Good luck! C.
Latest post on 02 August 2016 - 20:50
Want to refresh the thread as well! For years I've been buying plain abayas from boutiques in the malls (Hanayen, Al Motahajiba, Lauzan etc). I pay 300-400 for a plain abaya, the fabric isn't even great. I feel I'm paying extra for the brand, while I don't care about brands and lables, I just want decent quality, as I had bad experience with small abaya shops - the fabric and finishing wasn't good at all. Is there any place to get ready made quality plain abayas cheaper than in the malls? Souq Naif in Deira is a no go area for me (too crowded) I've seen a new "Abaya Outlet" center in Mamzar, it's still not open, I'll definitely look there too.
Latest post on 05 July 2015 - 17:31
Hi, just want to refresh this old thread a bit. Anyone knows any other places here in Dubai?
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:46
Try suq al markazy in Sharjah; has all the range; you can even buy an abaya for about 60 dirhams if you like. wow - that's cheap.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 15:03
mypinkhijab.com and annahariri.com
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 12:28
Naif area in diera is the cheapest for Abayas. I purchased for AED 100 and plus accosrding to design and type of cloth.
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 15:13
I buy all of mine at Souq Al Nayef - ranging from 100 to 800 depending on the quality. It's an indoor shopping complex with lots and lots of abaya stores.. frequented mainly by Arabs and Asians. There are a couple of old shopping complexes in and around that area that also sell abayas. x
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 14:30
we get beautiful #designerwear #abayas #kaftans #farashas and #jilbabs #hijab #kidsabayas at very reasonable and #low prices. check out www.sandapple.com or facebook.com/sandapple.fashion. They have worldwide delivery and very excellent service. second ad and just as a FYI - no need to hashtag in posts on EW ;) <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 12/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 13:59
we get beautiful #designerwear #abayas #kaftans #farashas and #jilbabs #hijab #kidsabayas at very reasonable and #low prices. check out www.sandapple.com or facebook.com/sandapple.fashion. They have worldwide delivery and very excellent service.
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 09:39
I met one lady with a sort of velvet looking abaya, with dimontes around the sleeves and down the front, it looked very lovely, very nice quality, and she said 150-, from a Sharjah store, near Lulus. I had one sent from Sharjah, a shop called Burj Al Arab, lol, with amazing embroidery and matching scarf, it cost 250-, and made to measure off another of my abayas. Avoid malls, as the rents are high and the rent cost comes to you. edited by AmyAus82 on 09/03/2014 there are many Lulus lol... I think it is near old souq area.
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 09:21
Sharjah. Dubai abayas are much more expensive. A plain black in Dubai will cost around 300-. In Sharjah for 300-, you can get it with designs. A, say, C4/Co-op abaya can be around 200- in Dubai, and the quality is very bad. No Amy I tried Sharjah as well. in Mega mall (not super market, talking about 2nd floor)a plain simple abaya is 300 aed. I dont like abaya material of C4/ Co-op OR Blue souq. I got a lovely one made by a guy in Satwa. I cant remember the name of teh shop but there were few along the road opposite the mosque and where all the fabric shops are . Mine has a black crystal trim on the sleeves and the front is all rouched . Its haute couture! I got this made for a friends wedding. I also have a very plain and simple one that I use when im popping down to immigration and stuff and that was about 200 dirhams but the fabric is nice. I think its called Internet ?!!
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 09:10
Sharjah. Dubai abayas are much more expensive. A plain black in Dubai will cost around 300-. In Sharjah for 300-, you can get it with designs. A, say, C4/Co-op abaya can be around 200- in Dubai, and the quality is very bad. No Amy I tried Sharjah as well. in Mega mall (not super market, talking about 2nd floor)a plain simple abaya is 300 aed. I dont like abaya material of C4/ Co-op OR Blue souq.
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 08:35
global village... Qatar Pavilion.....100 Aed only. They will start asking 200 or 150 but will give you in 100. HTH
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 08:33
Satwa.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY