Where are the World's Most Beautiful Gardens? | ExpatWoman.com

Where are the World's Most Beautiful Gardens?

Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 19:46
I have always found that gardens native to the area to be the most beautiful, they embrace their environment. Sorry but from what I have seen of the Miracle garden it looks like a great big waste of water.......
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 17:32
I think I will leave it for another year. It's cute but not for me for now. Thanks, you all! :)
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 13:12
I agree too. most beautiful, natural gardens are in Britain. I never find man-made gardens beautiful. When I went to college in london, I stayed in a student hall and there was this beautiful, natural, small park just behind my hall. I spent so many summer and spring afternoons sitting in that park. This exactly is what I mean by 'outdoor activity' which I miss badly in Dubai. :(
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 09:54
It's typical of a Dubai paper to claim the world's "best." I'm always immediately suspicious. The Miracle Garden is fine. It's a bit odd and artificial by my standards but it's a pleasant way to spend a few hours outside when the weather is nice. The world's most beautiful gardens are in Britain, in my view. The British gardening tradition + British weather gives that country the frameworks for creating genuinely breathtaking gardens. My favorite is probably the Powis Castle gardens. But I also love the gardens in Japan and some of the great formal gardens in France and Italy, which are quite different from the British "natural" gardens. And there are lovely gardens in the US too. There are many different kinds of gardens across the world and it's lovely to see the different approaches to gardening. I suppose Miracle Garden does fall into one category of gardens but I certainly wouldn't rank it as one of the world's best gardens. Totally agree, it's more of a park than a garden really, I guess it could be categorized as a botanic garden and the winner of that award was The Botanic Garden Melbourne Australia last year.
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 09:07
It's typical of a Dubai paper to claim the world's "best." I'm always immediately suspicious. The Miracle Garden is fine. It's a bit odd and artificial by my standards but it's a pleasant way to spend a few hours outside when the weather is nice. The world's most beautiful gardens are in Britain, in my view. The British gardening tradition + British weather gives that country the frameworks for creating genuinely breathtaking gardens. My favorite is probably the Powis Castle gardens. But I also love the gardens in Japan and some of the great formal gardens in France and Italy, which are quite different from the British "natural" gardens. And there are lovely gardens in the US too. There are many different kinds of gardens across the world and it's lovely to see the different approaches to gardening. I suppose Miracle Garden does fall into one category of gardens but I certainly wouldn't rank it as one of the world's best gardens.
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 08:48
There quite a few comments on here already about it http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic218597-dubai-miracle-garden--parking-charge-scam.aspx http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic217351-dubai-miracle-garden.aspx http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic215982-dubais-miracle-garden-in-full-flower.aspx IMO a beautiful garden is one that's created by nature not flowers arranged on wire frames shaped like cars, hearts and eagles in a shade less concrete based setting that looks like something out of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. see www.emirates247.com/news-in-images/dubai-s-miracle-garden-in-full-flower-2013-03-11-1.498123 It does seem to be all the same type of flower as you say too, but many have enjoyed the experience there for sure. hth <em>edited by Di@DXB on 09/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 09 March 2014 - 08:16
Have you had privilege to see some of the world's beautiful gardens? I haven't been but the Miracle Garden is it as great as the others out there in the world? [u'>Would you go again[/u'>? I want to consider going while the weather is still OK BUT did not want to go to find nothing unusual. Is it just petunia flowers everywhere? http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al-nisr-portfolio/xpress/the-world-s-most-beautiful-garden-in-dubai-1.1148995 TIA!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY