Very depressed....Office closing... what are my options | ExpatWoman.com

Very depressed....Office closing... what are my options

Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 10:10
what do you do? Maybe one of the posters can help
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 10:07
Will you be able to go on your husband's sponosrship? I found when I was made redundant last year, because I was on DH sponsorship I was temping almost straight away. Helps keep you occupied while you're looking for a premanent role and maybe give you experience at something totally different.
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 10:04
Get looking for work asap, you know how slowly things move here and you don't want to be looking for work in the summer. If the office is closing i'm sure they would let you go earlier if you had another job lined up. As Sakhifa said see if you can cancel the apartment contract, its worth a try. Good luck, you have two years experience that will put you above many candidates just arriving.
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 10:02
So sorry for your situation but now is the time to take action- start your job hunt straight away as it can take time.... keep checking our job section daily as it is updated a lot http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_jobs.aspx Make sure you are on Linked IN and get your CV sparkling and up to date and as Sakhifa said- don't wait till May... get yourself sorted as a first priority. Wishing you the best of luck! EW Admin
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 09:47
See if you have a sympathetic landlord and can cancel the contract. Otherwise, now is not the time to be feeling sorry for yourself (although I know this sucks!), but you have to get back into the job market, start applying, update your CV, network, maybe even your colleagues can advise on openings in their new organizations, etc. etc., you know what you need to do. Nothing "happens" if your contract is terminated, it's not really redundancy if the whole branch is closing down. You'll get your entitled EOSB and anything else as indicated by your contract. Don't wait until May to move, if you find something now, then go.
Latest post on 10 March 2014 - 09:41
My company is closing their branch in Dubai. They just told us...3 days after I signed a new contarct for a bigger apartment and made the payment :( .....Boss said he will assist where he can for a job. Most of the other colleagues have already found a position in the other offices in the region..ok they have been longer with the company. I have only been with it for 2 years. What happens when one is made redundant? ....with no end date (they dont know yet when it will close) We only expect it to close in May as that is when the tenancy of the office ends....am confused, and its just sinking in.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY