Some advice for moms whose toddlers always have a runny nose/mucus cough | ExpatWoman.com

Some advice for moms whose toddlers always have a runny nose/mucus cough

Latest post on 26 March 2014 - 11:51
@Spiritedaway53 his name is Dr. Raji, he's in the Sana fashions building in Bur Dubai at Charly Polyclinic Tel: +971 4 3379191 He's great with following up too, and gives his cell number. My friends 6 year old son had been in and out of doctors clinics for months with a never-ending cold, and with Dr Rajis treatment he was fixed in 2 weeks. @taurusbaby the coloured light is exactly why I didnt buy the Home Centre one - the Boots ones have an optional blue light which I dont use, the buttons do have a dim blue light when turned on, nothing distracting - they had a clearance so I got them for AED180 instead of AED350! Otherwise, Lifestyle stores also have similar humidifiers which don't have any light and they are bigger too. I love the Boots one but its a personal humidifer which means its very small and I have to keep it very close to her for it to be effective. <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 26/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 March 2014 - 17:49
Hi taurusbaby, I just give her regular Aptamil 3. I also cut out cheese and yogurt, he said strictly no yogurt. I highly recommend giving it a try, for me I saw a difference within 2 nights of giving her formula, and it sounds like your LO has a similar milk pattern to mine. Also, if you dont already, keep a humidifier near your LO at night when they sleep, I think that has also really helped stop her runny nose. I got a Medisana one from Boots. Hope your LO feels better! I was using Aptamil as well before the fresh milk so I will give that a try again. She has just got a full blown cold though so will have to wait till that clears to see if any difference. Have cut out yogurt and cheese as well. I did get a humidifier recently from home center but not using it in her room as it has bright light when its on and it distracts her. Does the Medisana have a light when switched on?
Latest post on 22 March 2014 - 01:45
Hi taurusbaby, I just give her regular Aptamil 3. I also cut out cheese and yogurt, he said strictly no yogurt. I highly recommend giving it a try, for me I saw a difference within 2 nights of giving her formula, and it sounds like your LO has a similar milk pattern to mine. Also, if you dont already, keep a humidifier near your LO at night when they sleep, I think that has also really helped stop her runny nose. I got a Medisana one from Boots. Hope your LO feels better! Hi, can I have the doctor's contact please? I'm also thinking my daughter has the same but prefer a check up first. Thanks
Latest post on 21 March 2014 - 17:34
Hi taurusbaby, I just give her regular Aptamil 3. I also cut out cheese and yogurt, he said strictly no yogurt. I highly recommend giving it a try, for me I saw a difference within 2 nights of giving her formula, and it sounds like your LO has a similar milk pattern to mine. Also, if you dont already, keep a humidifier near your LO at night when they sleep, I think that has also really helped stop her runny nose. I got a Medisana one from Boots. Hope your LO feels better!
Latest post on 21 March 2014 - 13:46
Hi sourskittleashnut. Which formula are you giving her? Is it just the regular one or hypoallergenic? Also did you cut out other forms of dairy such as cheese and yogurt? My LO has had a persistent cough at night for a while now and I am starting to think it has to do with milk....she also has about 220ml of fresh milk three times a day. I was considering milk alternatives such as soy or rice milk but if regular formula has worked for you then I may go back to that as well.
Latest post on 14 March 2014 - 12:47
Hi ladies, My 1.5 year old used to have a runny nose and cough with mucus about 95% of the time and I thought it was just her catching a bug from nursery. I took her to a homeopathic doctor and he recommended taking her off cows milk completely and giving formula or soy milk. She was having cows milk 3 times a day about 250ml. It has made SUCH a difference she sleeps so much better, and her cough is gone. The other day I ran out of formula so I just gave her cows milk and within an hour she was coughing again. I really recommend giving it a try to see if it helps your toddler.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY