Visiting Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam | ExpatWoman.com

Visiting Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam

Latest post on 15 March 2014 - 07:44

We are traveling to Vietnam next month. Has anyone been there before? Any suggestions as far as where to visit and where to shop?

Thanks

Latest post on 04 April 2015 - 13:15
Phu Quoc anh Nha trang is the best for beach!!! [url=http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/vietnam/vietnam-visa.html'>;)[/url'> <em>edited by goviet on 04/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 August 2014 - 20:18
I agree with all of the recommendations. Vietnam is a beautiful country. One piece of advice, if you do go to Vung Tau, make sure to purchase a round-trip ticket. We bought a one-way and the morning we were suppose to leave we found out that the ticket booth sells all of the tickets in the morning to the locals so they can triple (or more) the price to people trying to leave that morning. Have a great trip!
Latest post on 19 March 2014 - 12:07
We used to live in Hanoi which is the capital and is in the north of Vietnam as opposed to HCMC which is in the south. It is much prettier than HCMC thanks to its colonial French architecture. Also in the northern area, we also loved Halong Bay (3-4 hours by car from Hanoi) and Sapa (way up north) where you would need to take an overnight train from Hanoi to get there. Those two places are really worth seeing if you can afford 4-5 days there. Like others, we are also big fans of Hoi An which is a beautiful ancient small town in the center of Vietnam (part of the Unesco World Heritage). The beach resorts there are very nice also. You would have to fly into Danang first (third largest city in VN) and drive to Hoi An. As mentioned before (also located in central VN) is Hue, an interesting place to see as it is known as the ancien imperial city. If you are flying into HCMC and only looking to stay around the area, then I would say stay a couple of days in HCMC for tourist visits and shopping (the Benh Thanh market has about everything you would want to buy as gifts and souvenirs ;)) then a trip to the Mekong delta is a must. You should book a tour from HCMC as doing it on your own would be very troublesome. Other nice cities we liked in southern VN were Nha Trang, Phan Thiet and Vung Tau. Those are more known for being beach towns but if you want a few days of relaxation, then you will not be dissapointed in the resorts. HTH and enjoy your trip. It is a perfect time to visit VN as it is not the hot/humid nor rainy season.
Latest post on 18 March 2014 - 21:58
Oh thank you so much. Are all these places that you mentioned near Ho Chi minh City or far from the City?
Latest post on 15 March 2014 - 11:03
Loved Hoi An, also would recommend Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa, Hue. Hanoi and Sapa were my fav places. Ho Chi Minh 2-3nights max. A trip to Mekong Delta and Cu Chi (sorry for spelling) tunnels is a must. We did not find HCM too exciting, I prefer other places in Vietnam. There is a good market in HCM though, I will look for the name
Latest post on 15 March 2014 - 09:11
I would strongly recommend Hoi An. Very French colonial and just gorgeous.