What could this be? | ExpatWoman.com

What could this be?

Latest post on 11 April 2014 - 14:39
Hi ladies! I just wanted to update in case anyone else has similar symptoms. I received my blood test results it turns out my ASO levels were high and a side effect of this is painful joints. So apparently my body is fighting something Strep related and doing a good job it seems :) I just have to have more tests every few weeks to ensure the levels don't rise again and thankfully this won't affect my pregnancy xgx
Latest post on 09 April 2014 - 22:21
Dear Gilly3,& seekinghelp: Any joint pain of this form is a sign of inflammation. The cause can only be shown through blood test, as what is the cause. Some people experience increased inflammation during pregnancy due to hormonal changes. What is Not Good to do is using Hot pack! Although pain is relieved a bit better after hotpack, because of the effect of nerves, if there is an inflammation, it will increase the process of inflammation! This is the last thing you want. Also over activity and exercise may have damaging effect on joint surfaces which are already under pressure. Gentle exercise in water is the best, as the weight is reduced in the water, and there will be minimal force on the painful and inflamed joint. Best wishes for a joyful journey
Latest post on 09 April 2014 - 15:46
I would strongly suggest to stop consuming dairy products. Although, it may sound crazy for most, due to the common belief of "milk is a necessity for strong bones", milk and dairy products actually cause inflammation, mucus, and decalcification. Just out of curiosity go dairy free for 30 day, then start introducing dairy into your diet and let you body tell you the truth. Remember, plants and fruits such as spinach, kale, strawberries, figs, etc. have higher calcium content than actual milk. We are that we eat. pain is just a cry for help from your body, listen to it, and heal it with food. your baby needs it :)
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 05:10
Congratulations to you!! :) I went to the doctors who prescribed magnesium sachets & advised to take Tylenol for the pain, she also took 2300dhs worth of tests which was a shock as my insurance only covers inpatient! I'll get the results in a few days so will let you know but I'm certain it's nothing to worry about just uncomfortable as heck! Congrats again x
Latest post on 15 March 2014 - 22:20
I don't have much advice but wanted to answer as this post could have been written by me! Firstly, huge congratulations!! I am 6 weeks pregnant with number two and my ankles have been agony over the last week. I didn't have anything like this with my first pregnancy and at first thought I had sprained my ankle at the gym, until it spread to the other ankle. I've been using a heat pack on my ankles and trying to rest a lot. I felt better after 4 days so started normal activity again and they became painful very quickly again. The heat pack does seem to help although I realize that might not help with your hips much. I'm going for my first appointment on Tues so will ask the doctor then and let you know what she says. I've had this for 9 days now but they are far less painful today so hope it passes for you soon too.
Latest post on 15 March 2014 - 11:42
I'm only 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd bub which I am so delighted about!! :) However the joints and ligaments in my knees, hips, ankles and lower back are extremely painful. It's a similar sensation to the pelvic pain I had much later in my last pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced this, particularly so early? Any tips on treatment would be greatly appreciated! TIA ladies

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY