Blatant advertising alright for some but not others | ExpatWoman.com

Blatant advertising alright for some but not others

Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 16:59

So you can blatantly advertise art classes by reviving a 2/3 year old thread and nothing happens. I once unintentionally mentioned what I used to do for a living in the UK and get wiped off within seconds. That was when I was a newbie and naive, thanks for the welcome. Another time asked for alternatives to dubizzle and same. But put full details of classes and that's OK is it

Latest post on 19 March 2014 - 09:31
Hi All, Thank you for your concern- we do appreciate it! If you do notice blatant advertising you can email [email protected] but it is usually picked up by the moderators. Please be careful though as some new posters do, as a first post, write about something they have found and want to share the good news. The moderators also judge this and monitor. Imagine for a moment, if you're a new member and have been plucking up the courage to finally post something and the first response you get from people is quite negative? That's not the atmosphere any of us want on the forum. Spamming/ Flooding adverts usually happen quite quickly with say 10 posts in 5 minutes and they are picked up during the next moderation sweep and are cleared out then. Warm regards, EW Admin <em>edited by admin on 19/03/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 March 2014 - 08:20
someone has been blatantly advertising for Wellbeing Medical Centre. All her posts since 2011 recommend practitioners in that centre. I'd like to think that they are all as excellent as she says they are, but in all likelihood, she either owns the centre or works there.
Latest post on 18 March 2014 - 15:44
There is another one as well about interior design. Been there since yesterday.
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 18:58
You're welcome EW, anytime! they got away with for 4 hours, not bad eh? It does say in the rules that they are not able to moderate 24/7 ....
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 18:36
That's all gone as well... Must be one of those days :(
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 17:48
sarah1111 is on an advertising spree. Taking up posts from 3 years ago ...
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 17:20
You're welcome EW, anytime! they got away with for 4 hours, not bad eh?
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 17:14
It has been deleted- thanks for the heads up. EW Admin
Latest post on 16 March 2014 - 17:05
So you can blatantly advertise art classes by reviving a 2/3 year old thread and nothing happens. I once unintentionally mentioned what I used to do for a living in the UK and get wiped off within seconds. That was when I was a newbie and naive, thanks for the welcome. Another time asked for alternatives to dubizzle and same. But put full details of classes and that's OK is it I highly doubt admin will allow it they just haven't see the thread yet and once they do will remove it :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY