Can the DXB municipality take my dog | ExpatWoman.com

Can the DXB municipality take my dog

Latest post on 17 March 2014 - 22:22

i live in a compound where it states no pets are allowed in my contract however lots of people do and now all of sudden the management have issued a letter to say get rid in 7 days or the municipality will take the animal can this happen?

Latest post on 24 March 2014 - 13:25
Wow... so unfair.... where do they expect dog owners to live? not everyone can afford a villa here. What a cheap stunt by DPG and just 7 days is being unreasonable for anyone to find another home.
Latest post on 22 March 2014 - 09:52
This is happening in Ghoroob in Mirdiff. Unfortunately all the tenants rent directly from DPG. However, I would seriously doubt the municipality would have the manpower, money or time to confiscate around 100 dogs and cats! Not to mention this is completely irresponsible of them - 7 days? I suspect, as do many others DPG are doing this to force tenants out to put the rents up.
Latest post on 19 March 2014 - 16:52
Unfortunately they can if your LL complains to them and show's them that you are in breach of contract. You can speak to your LL to give you some more time till you find another home for your self, hopefully he will understand. It's happened in the past to an ex neighbor of ours in the ranches and sadly they had to relocate to another villa.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY