100 Happy Days | ExpatWoman.com

100 Happy Days

Latest post on 20 March 2014 - 16:24

Hi All,

A lot of people seem to be taking part in the 100 Happy Days initiative, so we thought let's start a thread on here so you can post what has made you happy during a day... in these busy and sometimes stressful times it's easy to forget that little thing that brightened your day up.

Let's start a positive thread and see what things have brought you happiness today and see if we can keep it going for 100 days... it's The International Day Of Happiness today too!

We'll kick this off... today we had a really big chocolate cake delivered to the office- all diets went out the window and it made us laugh- a lovely end to a hectic week!

Over to you....
<em>edited by admin on 20/03/2014</em>

Latest post on 26 July 2014 - 16:53
It's so lovely reading all the happy moments every posted. I've realized that sometimes happiness is a choice, and even on days when I'm down I have to remind myself that if I don't cheer up on my own, nothing will take me out of my funk. Despite the humidity it's a beautiful summer ladies! Rbd87, would you mind sharing your email address here? I'd like to get in touch with you and get your advice on a post you have raised earlier? Many thanks
Latest post on 21 July 2014 - 18:19
It's so lovely reading all the happy moments every posted. I've realized that sometimes happiness is a choice, and even on days when I'm down I have to remind myself that if I don't cheer up on my own, nothing will take me out of my funk. Despite the humidity it's a beautiful summer ladies!
Latest post on 04 July 2014 - 11:40
Today is one of my happiest day. Because today i am going to my home country for visit my cute baby. and my aged parents.
Latest post on 02 July 2014 - 14:36
My son waved me bye( first time) when I was leaving for work early morning ...with out getting upset or crying...he is 15 months old....I was OVER the MOON! Congrats, was it harder for you without the tears?!
Latest post on 24 June 2014 - 10:06
My son waved me bye( first time) when I was leaving for work early morning ...with out getting upset or crying...he is 15 months old....I was OVER the MOON!
Latest post on 18 June 2014 - 22:44
I have a gratitude journal & each evening I try to jot down silly things my toddlers have said or done... Keeps it all in perspective & although they can drive you bonkers, makes you grateful for them nonetheless!!!
Latest post on 20 May 2014 - 12:53
I have been taking part in the ,#100happydays and I think it has made me realise that I am a naturally happy person and its the little things that make me happy..... the sun shining, a good workout at the gym, dinner made by the husband or a breakfast in bed. I am also happy to have the best family and most amazing friends.... happy, happy, happy :)
Latest post on 18 May 2014 - 11:51
Today my son came to my bedroom.i was sleeping told me that mom you are the best mom in this whole world.this one is the happiest moment of my life :)
Latest post on 06 May 2014 - 10:21
So many things to be grateful for! I have a job, some amazing set of friends and a closet that is full of books I absolutely love! What more could a girl ask for?
Latest post on 29 April 2014 - 09:51
So so happy today, as doctor rang and told me not to worry, it's only a cyst... Happy, happy and happy :)
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 12:13
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :) Oh Joyce that is just lovely :) Thats so lovely. I always do surprises. I flew my eldest DD and Mum over last year for our youngest daughter surprise. Mum and DD were hiding in a hotel, then we all met at Grand Habtoor, hubby and I walked outside and DD said what are you doing here, ( it was hubbys birthday and we had said we going go carting and she thought we were in Doha). once she got over the shock, out walked my mum and other DD. She didnt know whether to laugh or cry.... it was classic.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:57
Looking out the window this morning and not seeing snow!!!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:54
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :) Oh Joyce that is just lovely :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:50
Happiness is the the day you realise you have managed at last to finish all the blooming creme eggs.
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 13:25
Flying back from the UK and getting into my comfy bed and having a great night sleep. Bliss.
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 13:32
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :) awww thats beautiful.. got me all smiling.. made me happy.. love surprises like that xx Couldn't eat my meal for tears running down my face and DH wasn't much better LOL! :) bless.. :) hope you guys get to see more of that in the near future :D
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 12:50
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :) awww thats beautiful.. got me all smiling.. made me happy.. love surprises like that xx Couldn't eat my meal for tears running down my face and DH wasn't much better LOL! :)
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 12:41
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :) awww thats beautiful.. got me all smiling.. made me happy.. love surprises like that xx
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 12:27
Had a 65th birthday meal out with extended family and friends for my DH in a local restaurant on Friday. We were all sat down and a plummy voice behind me said "would you like your wine poured sir"? My DH who was sitting opposite me glanced up without actually looking at the "waiter" and said "no thanks, just put it there please" pointing to a gap on the table. I glanced behind me and the "waiter" was actually our DS who had arrived secretly from Dubai!!!! Our DD had picked him up from the airport that morning. He was hiding in the disabled loo until we all arrived!! What a fab weekend we have had with him. He wasn't meant to be coming home again until July and during a Skype session with him earlier in the week he was apologising for the fact that he just couldn't get the time to come home for his dad's special birthday! He flew back to Dubai this morning. :)
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 11:55
My Mom just brought us a surprise tickets to see the shows of Dubai Dolphinarium yesterday afternoon! Thought of sharing how amaaazing it was. The dolphins jumping, seals singing and clapping. It was indeed a happy day! http://bit.ly/1hklqTm edited by beavillon on 07/04/2014 i smell something fishy
Latest post on 07 April 2014 - 11:53
My Mom just brought us a surprise tickets to see the shows of Dubai Dolphinarium yesterday afternoon! Thought of sharing how amaaazing it was. The dolphins jumping, seals singing and clapping. It was indeed a happy day! http://bit.ly/1hklqTm <em>edited by beavillon on 07/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 04 April 2014 - 20:21
My über gorgeous family took me out for a belated Mothers Day brunch today... Everyone was well behaved & super cute... How utterly blessed I am!!!! <em>edited by champagneblonde on 04/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 14:27
Not very many happy days here..BUT recently I had 2. First when my Husband got his visa to Thailand and we are going on a 10 Week Vacation soon ....second when I joined the gym and had a great swim and yoga class.
Latest post on 30 March 2014 - 01:16
Promoted to the 'mommy' title :) for exactly 20 days now... Loving every bit of it and very very happy! Happy 100 days and much more
Latest post on 29 March 2014 - 15:13
Today I had my first Pilates class, and I LOVED IT!
Latest post on 26 March 2014 - 09:03
Seeing the rain today has made us happy- but we want to go back to bed with a mug of Heinz tomato soup :)
Latest post on 22 March 2014 - 20:14
Seeing the sunshine made me happy. Like every day! Seeing my blooming desert roses made me happy. The touch of the cold side of the pillow when I turned over in the morning made me happy. I decided years ago to make an effort to notice the everyday beauty. Happiness is a mindset.
Latest post on 22 March 2014 - 08:44
So happy as my beautiful DS came in to my bed and said happy Mother's Day mummy.and gave me the biggest cuddle. Feel blessed. X
Latest post on 20 March 2014 - 17:04
I'm off work today and spending the day with my adorable DS who has had me chuckling away all day :)
Latest post on 20 March 2014 - 16:52
As of today i have officialy lost 20 Kgs.. i still have 6 Kgs left to go.. what makes me more happy is that i am fitter and thinner than i was before having DD and even before marriage..

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY