Any August 2011 baby sending their kid to FS1 his Sep? | ExpatWoman.com

Any August 2011 baby sending their kid to FS1 his Sep?

Latest post on 24 March 2014 - 22:49

I am really confused!
My daughter is turning 3 this Aug so can move to school
Now she is at nursery and teachers have no doubt she is ready for school
My question is if I keep her at nursery for FS1 and put her to school for FS2, will I be able to get a space for FS2 at good schools near Marina?

I just started my school search( I know I m a bit late) but have no clue where to start or is it ok for my child to join big school in Sep since she ll be the youngest?
Any similar situation
Would appreciate any advice
Thnx

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:43
I was told that in AD the cut off date is 31st December 2010 to join FS1/KG1& they are very strict regarding it. Call British schools & ask if they are following it. Even if they are not following the new rule, your daughter should turn 3 years before 15th Sept 2014 but some schools extend it to 10-15 October.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:29
If your daughter will not be 3 until October than she will not be eligible to join FS1 in most British Schools until September 2015.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 00:15
Hello I too have a daughter who is turning 3 in october and am confused whether she joins fs1 or fs2. Is someone also new 2 AD? Can someone help me with some useful information? Thanks <em>edited by Newbie2AD on 20/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 March 2014 - 07:47
FS1 is just an expensive nursery at the big school. If you find a place at a proper school then take it if you feel your child will in later years be able to keep up with kids who are more mature. Girls usually adapt very well even when they are the youngest however if your child was a boy then I would say keep your child at home for another year. Boys take longer to mature and develop.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY