HOmeschooling support - small private school help | ExpatWoman.com

HOmeschooling support - small private school help

Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 10:35

Hi, I am currently homeschooling my 11 year old for various reasons. I heard that there was or is a woman offering classes or support from her home with another teacher. I need to find out if there is anyone that knows of this or could help me, I need to go back to work and at this stage don't feel comfortable putting my son back into a big school with big classes. does anyone know of smaller private school or homeschool support. thanks

Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 20:15
A link that might give a bit of information on the schools mentioned above... http://whichschooladvisor.com/guides/alternative-education/
Latest post on 16 February 2015 - 18:58
Have you checked with K-12 in Knowledge Village ? They are set up like a little school with small classes. They tend to have special needs kids and some ESL kids. Nice environment and fantastic teachers. My DS goes there and we are very happy. Sorry to hack this thread, FJCruiser, I would live to know more your experience with K12. I am new here , and I am not finding a PM option. TIA
Latest post on 30 April 2014 - 10:02
You could also look at Widad Learning. This is something of an 'alternative' school behind the Canadian University in Jumeirah. They do have a very inclusive policy with various levels of support available. Look at www.widadlearning.com
Latest post on 29 April 2014 - 20:50
Hi Clairepe, if you want to contact the waldorf initiative in al barsha, post your email address here and I will pass it on for you, then you can remove it.
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:19
Hi Clairepe, there is a Waldorf Initiative (school) in Al Barsha and also a new school in the old Safa school building in Jumeira that are small and inclusive. I'm sorry I don't have contact details but I'm sure if you do a search something will come up.K12 is American Curriculum. edited by darlingboys on 23/04/2014 The school darlingboys is referring to is called The Oasis School. www.oasisschool.ae
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 21:00
Hi Clairepe, there is a Waldorf Initiative (school) in Al Barsha and also a new school in the old Safa school building in Jumeira that are small and inclusive. I'm sorry I don't have contact details but I'm sure if you do a search something will come up.K12 is American Curriculum. <em>edited by darlingboys on 23/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 00:14
Give Robyn Martinez (enrollment coordinator) a call on 044401212- she will explain in details K12 and be able to answer your questions.[/quote thanks dear
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 15:51
Give Robyn Martinez (enrollment coordinator) a call on 044401212- she will explain in details K12 and be able to answer your questions.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 22:13
Have you checked with K-12 in Knowledge Village ? They are set up like a little school with small classes. They tend to have special needs kids and some ESL kids. Nice environment and fantastic teachers. My DS goes there and we are very happy. hi fjcruiser, my son goes for verbal behavioral therapy as he is diagnosed with global developmental delay. we are looking for a school for him for next school year. can you enlighten me on how to inquire or get information on possibly enrolling him in K12? thanks
Latest post on 31 March 2014 - 20:50
Have you checked with K-12 in Knowledge Village ? They are set up like a little school with small classes. They tend to have special needs kids and some ESL kids. Nice environment and fantastic teachers. My DS goes there and we are very happy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY