Looking for the following birthing books... | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for the following birthing books...

Latest post on 09 April 2014 - 21:42

Hi, does anyone have the following birthing books they would like to sell?

- Active Birth - the new approach to giving birth naturally, by Janet Balaskas
- Birth skills by Juju Sundin
- And any books by Ina May Gaskin
- Hypnobirthing - the mongon method

Would be happy to pick up any of these books you may have no need for now :)

Thank you

Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 14:20
Hi JJBAUS, you can delete your number now, I got it. Imolinar the CD has birthing afformations and rainbow relaxation and each "track" is quite lengthy but don't recall further details now...
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 22:24
Hi big blue, Sorry for the delayed response... Huge week at work. Id still love to pick up the cds ans book if you can find them .. Pls msg me on I work in difc so that would be the perfect place to meet up. Although, I can only meet between 3-6pm. Let me know what works for you. Thanks so much.. Waiting for your msg. <em>edited by JJBAUS on 28/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 17:57
Can't help you with a copy as I downloaded it onto my kindle but just wanted to pop in a recommendation for Juju Sundin's Birth Skills. Made me feel much better about labour and birth. Some of the techniques seem a bit ridiculous at first but persevere! All the best...
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 14:33
Hi BigBlue, Could you please tell me what the CD tracks are?. Is it the rainbow CD?. How long are the tracks?. Thanks
Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:31
Hi JJBAUS, Sorry I was out of the country and hadn't checked the forum in a while; I don't think there's any way to PM me, just add your email or cell number and I will let you know once I get it so you can edit the post and delete it. I have the CD, just not sure where I placed it; if I can find it i'll give it to you as well. If you're in the Safa area perhap you can venture to the DIFC and I can give it to you?
Latest post on 14 April 2014 - 19:54
Sure imolinar, drop me an email and I will be in touch. I am delivering at Corniche, not really my first choice as I wanted a water birth but they seem to be the best in terms of medical care and will refer baby to SKMC for her kidney issue afterwards which is more important. <em>edited by BellaUK on 15/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 14 April 2014 - 18:38
Hi Ladies, Thank you so much Ladies! Big Blue, if i can work out how to PM you, I will send you my email address. I'm in the Safa area. Btw, does the book come with the CDs etc as well? I met a lovely doula when I was in Australia last and she will coach the hypnobirthing with me. I have an Ina May book which sounds quite like the one you are referring to. I've also watched one of her recent documentaries, really quite an astounding woman. I have a friend coming from the UK this week so I'll order the other ones online. Kino was out of all the books I mentioned :-(
Latest post on 14 April 2014 - 13:55
Oh my goodness, you don't need to read all that. When the time comes, just lie back and wait. Your body will do the rest!!!
Latest post on 14 April 2014 - 12:00
JJBAUS, I have the Mongan one, which I have finished now and also have some of the others but not finished reading those yet. I am due in the next couple of weeks (but hoping she will come sooner rather than later!) so more than happy to pass them on then. I have the Katherine Greaves Hypnobirthing book and CDS, as well as another one from the UK by a UK midwife which I ordered off Amazon. (Gone a bit mad on the natural birth books as you can see!) Some of them I would like to keep for next time but happy to lend them or if you want to copy the CDs you're welcome. I'm in AD, but in Dubai a fair bit. Hi, BellaUk, I live in AD and I am looking for the Morgan book, so if I can borrow it with the CD it would be great (if JJBAUs does not take it), please let me know, thanks BTW, where are you delivering? <em>edited by imolinar on 14/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 10 April 2014 - 12:16
JJBAUS, I have the Mongan one, which I have finished now and also have some of the others but not finished reading those yet. I am due in the next couple of weeks (but hoping she will come sooner rather than later!) so more than happy to pass them on then. I have the Katherine Greaves Hypnobirthing book and CDS, as well as another one from the UK by a UK midwife which I ordered off Amazon. (Gone a bit mad on the natural birth books as you can see!) Some of them I would like to keep for next time but happy to lend them or if you want to copy the CDs you're welcome. I'm in AD, but in Dubai a fair bit.
Latest post on 10 April 2014 - 08:27
Hi JJBAUS, Happy to give you the Marie Mongan book, TBH I didn't rate it highly and I can't foresee using it again so you're welcome to have it. If you can post your email I can give you pick up options. I did read a book by Ina May that my doula/hypnobirthing coach gave me and I found it wonderful, so positive but also real and down to earth. I can't remember the name but it had loads of stories from ladies who gave birth at the farm, or whatever the called their establishment.It was an old copy and apparently hard to find but if you use Amazon, especially the US version you may find it. Highly recommended, if i can find the name i'll post it here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY