anybody has artificial lawn from Dragon Mart? | ExpatWoman.com

anybody has artificial lawn from Dragon Mart?

Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 00:17

.... and can share experience?

Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 16:42
We got our astroturf installed from DragonMart last week. I am happy we went with the artificial lawn and we got a good deal, but I was not happy with the way they installed it. I can see the seams, and they were very sloppy with the adhesive. They 'leveled' the ground first, and I was really disappointed with the results. If you can, have someone there full-time while they are installing to make sure they level adequately, take the rubbish with them, etc. Ours is very hard too, I second another poster who recommends a good underlayer. I have heard you can move artificial grass or re-sell it on Dubizzle, but probably only if they do not glue it down. Best of luck! Did your guys put a frame in around the edge to attach it to, or just plop it down? edited by mannikat on 23/04/2014 Yep! We had a black plastic frame put in, and a border of rocks (top tip: the rock border cut down on the amount of artificial grass needed, saved heaps) Sounds good! moving in a few months and trying to budget, only found one place in Dragon Mart hat were going use a frame all the others were suggesting the weight would magically keep it down! Will keep DH at home that day so its gets done properly! We went to the Warsan nurseries down the road from Dragonmart, and they did the rocks and black border. They were brilliant! We are going back for plants and pots, really nice looking stuff and a bargain. Best of luck!
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 16:00
sorry if this is off topic, but for those who have had the artificial grass, how do you maintain it? as in keep it clean and dust free, since dust is bound to settle into the grass.Iv been thinking of getting it for my balcony but worry about it getting dusty all the time.
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 14:05
We got our astroturf installed from DragonMart last week. I am happy we went with the artificial lawn and we got a good deal, but I was not happy with the way they installed it. I can see the seams, and they were very sloppy with the adhesive. They 'leveled' the ground first, and I was really disappointed with the results. If you can, have someone there full-time while they are installing to make sure they level adequately, take the rubbish with them, etc. Ours is very hard too, I second another poster who recommends a good underlayer. I have heard you can move artificial grass or re-sell it on Dubizzle, but probably only if they do not glue it down. Best of luck! Did your guys put a frame in around the edge to attach it to, or just plop it down? edited by mannikat on 23/04/2014 Yep! We had a black plastic frame put in, and a border of rocks (top tip: the rock border cut down on the amount of artificial grass needed, saved heaps) Sounds good! moving in a few months and trying to budget, only found one place in Dragon Mart hat were going use a frame all the others were suggesting the weight would magically keep it down! Will keep DH at home that day so its gets done properly!
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 11:24
We got our astroturf installed from DragonMart last week. I am happy we went with the artificial lawn and we got a good deal, but I was not happy with the way they installed it. I can see the seams, and they were very sloppy with the adhesive. They 'leveled' the ground first, and I was really disappointed with the results. If you can, have someone there full-time while they are installing to make sure they level adequately, take the rubbish with them, etc. Ours is very hard too, I second another poster who recommends a good underlayer. I have heard you can move artificial grass or re-sell it on Dubizzle, but probably only if they do not glue it down. Best of luck! Did your guys put a frame in around the edge to attach it to, or just plop it down? edited by mannikat on 23/04/2014 Yep! We had a black plastic frame put in, and a border of rocks (top tip: the rock border cut down on the amount of artificial grass needed, saved heaps)
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 10:53
We got our astroturf installed from DragonMart last week. I am happy we went with the artificial lawn and we got a good deal, but I was not happy with the way they installed it. I can see the seams, and they were very sloppy with the adhesive. They 'leveled' the ground first, and I was really disappointed with the results. If you can, have someone there full-time while they are installing to make sure they level adequately, take the rubbish with them, etc. Ours is very hard too, I second another poster who recommends a good underlayer. I have heard you can move artificial grass or re-sell it on Dubizzle, but probably only if they do not glue it down. Best of luck! Did your guys put a frame in around the edge to attach it to, or just plop it down? <em>edited by mannikat on 23/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 April 2014 - 08:44
We got our astroturf installed from DragonMart last week. I am happy we went with the artificial lawn and we got a good deal, but I was not happy with the way they installed it. I can see the seams, and they were very sloppy with the adhesive. They 'leveled' the ground first, and I was really disappointed with the results. If you can, have someone there full-time while they are installing to make sure they level adequately, take the rubbish with them, etc. Ours is very hard too, I second another poster who recommends a good underlayer. I have heard you can move artificial grass or re-sell it on Dubizzle, but probably only if they do not glue it down. Best of luck!
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 22:13
Is it possible to dig out the artificial grass from one house to another when we move? Or is it for one-time use only?
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 18:46
We have artificial grass from Dragon Mart and its great. Low maintenance and always looks great. We got them to install it too and it was pretty much hassle free and very quick. One happy customer!
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 18:20
Have used their artificial grass in 2 of our houses and no complaints. I bought the 75Aed per m square but didn't need that much as the area was quite small. I'm sure you can negotiate if you need a fairly large area covered. It's been lovely to not have to maintain it and have it ever green :)
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 15:18
I don't have a dragon mart grass, but I have installed artificial grass in my lawn. Before I decide to do artificial grass in our garden 2 years ago I've made a lot of research, then i found Clear View, their price and quality of product was so reasonable to compare in others. Our grass since then was still in a very good condition. Try to contact them at 04-2951303 and do some comparison. I hope it would help! :)
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 08:22
I have on my terrace for 2 years now. No complaints. Changed color a bit, but otherwise still very much ok. I have a small kid and a cat, so despite their destruction it is still nice :) I took the one with the thicker base and I am glad I did. It is kinda bumpy and it keeps just enough space for the water to drain and the grass dries very quickly. If you are looking to buy from Dragon Mart just go around as the price may vary from place to place. If you are putting it in your garden please check the base - that thing you will put under the grass. As funny as it sounds artificial grass can be very hard if not with a proper base. (Some time back I was working with a Dutch suppliers of grass :) ) Hope this helps and good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY