Please advise me on weather in late May for these holiday locations......... | ExpatWoman.com

Please advise me on weather in late May for these holiday locations.........

Latest post on 08 August 2014 - 21:21
I know this is an older thread but we are deciding between Singapore (Sentosa), Malaysia (Lagkawi or Penang) or Indonesia (Bintan Island or Bali) for next week (I know totally last minute!!). We've sort of narrowed it down to Bali but am now getting worried that it will be raining the whole time. I love a little bit of rain on a beach holiday but not major downpours all day every day! Anybody have experience with Bali (or these other areas) in August? We have a 3.5 year old and a 17 month old and the original plan was to go to Thailand but my husband had visa issues so we had to cancel that and look for a last minute replacement. Any ideas would be welcome, including resort names that do not break the bank too much! Thanks :)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:21
Thank you so much, decision made then!!
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 09:17
Penang, Langkawi, Phuket will be hit by the monsoon, and your vacation will not be enjoyable because the probability of cloudy, windy, and rainy days is extremely high. However, further south of there, Bali and Lombok will be an excellent time to visit as you will get mostly clear skies.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 08:31
Thanks Izzy, that's what I thought, but depending on where you look it's difficult to work out how bad it would really be.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 08:26
I think this would he the rainy season in Thailand and Malaysia...
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 08:24
Thanks Mrs C. Anyone else been to Malaysia or Thailand in May?
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 16:19
I don't know the other ... but Bali is great in End May !!
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 16:16
We can only take holiday in the last two weeks of May and really want to take advantage of places easier to get to from here than from Europe. I'm getting conflicting info on rainfall etc so am hoping some of you can advise please: Malaysia (Penang / Lang Kawi) Thailand (Krabi / Phuket) Bali Which location would be best weather wise? If all of these are a no-go, could anyone suggest an alternative? Many thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY