Breast Lump! Need referral for mammogram | ExpatWoman.com

Breast Lump! Need referral for mammogram

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:01
yes the best time to do a mammogram is like 10 days after your period etc Thanks BusyBee :)
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 12:26
yes the best time to do a mammogram is like 10 days after your period etc
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 23:10
Hi Deeva I'm going through the same thing at moment, scary but trying to remain positive. After a very thorough examination from Gynea, on breast, I am booked in for mammogram and think they said radiology too... For next week... They explained I couldn't have one there and then due my monthly cycle and I was to wait for further examination until next period. I have never heard of this before, but to be fair never been in this situation before either.... A lovely lady explained on here explained some of us just get lumpy as we age ....hope every thing works out well for you x
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 12:58
Thanks ladies... I have an appointment scheduled for this afternoon. Fingers crossed!
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 22:08
I saw Dr Sama at Emirates Hospital there are branches in Jumeriah and Marina. She did an ultrasound straight away and arranged mammogram and more thorough ultrasound for within a few days. Good luck and try not to worry.
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 21:36
A second recommendation for the breast surgeon Dr Houriya Khazim - she's fabulously reassuring (and a great surgeon if you do need one), and as she works with Dr Alex, she'll get you an emergency appointment with her if she thinks you need one.
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 21:16
Hi Deeva Contact the Well Woman clinic on 2nd December Street, their Gynaes are great and they have one of the top UAE Breast Surgeons there too (Dr Houriya Khazim) so should you need further analysis then it's the best place to be. Don't worry, you'll be fine!
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 20:47
Unfortunately I can't recommend anyone, but I have had a couple of breast lumps and each time they have done an ultrasound to check them rather than mammogram. Apparently it depends on your age on what they'll do. As you age the breast density changes and when you're younger mammograms don't work as well. I'm not sure of your age, but thought I'd let you know. Good luck, I know how worrying it can be.
Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 20:37
Hi ladies.... A couple of days ago, I found a lump in my breast. I also have a sort of painful dull burning sensation. I called City Hospital to schedule a mammogram. I have heard good things about Dr Alex, but she is full until October. Instead, I am scheduled to see Dr Gelep on the 27th of April. The hospital advised that I should go and see a gynae first for a referral as they will not do a mammogram without one. Can anyone recommend someone please? I am feeling quite anxious about the whole thing. Many thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY