European holiday advice | ExpatWoman.com

European holiday advice

Latest post on 15 April 2014 - 23:03

Hi all
I have done a search but can't quite find the info I am looking for so hoping someone can help. Planning our summer holiday and want to rent a villa somewhere in Europe, probably France, Spain, Italy or Portugal and will probably follow on from a 2 night stay at Disneyland Paris.

Looking for somewhere child friendly but also relaxing as we have two young children who just enjoy playing and swimming so not big on seeing lots of historical sites and we also want just a nice place to relax.

I have found lots of websites with holiday villas to rent but have no idea which areas would fit in with what I am looking for so would love some suggestions.

TIA

Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 20:47
I know this thread started last year but maybe of some help to families planning for 2016 My family moved to Portugal 5 yrs ago having been an ex-pat in and around Europe for many yrs and visiting most southern E countries I can highly recommend Portugal for families ,especially young ones. It's not as crowded as Spain and it doesn't generally get the high humidity along with high temperatures that Spain gets.I am also pretty wary of any type of Bug..Portugal has the least problem with mosquitoes or other flying insects of any Southern country I have visited.It's has excellent to world class beaches.is very safe (18 on the world list of safest countries) Fantastic food and very friendly people. The Algarve is the best area imo.not only for the beaches and accommodation but everyone speaks English..:biggrin:
Latest post on 27 April 2014 - 12:38
I know Nerja pretty well if you need to know anything. My mum lives close by.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 23:17
Thank you. Will look into these options :-)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:45
My Sister and her 3 kids visited Nerja in Spain may times when the kids were young They prefer the more traditional parts of Spain than the Blackpoolesque places The always rented a villa with a pool and hired a car. I think she used www.nerjaholidayvilla.com <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 16/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 10:06
Many years ago we stayed in a beautiful villa just outside Puerto Banus, about 1 hour from Marbella Airport and about an hour's drive from Gibraltar - we hired a car from the Airport. I am sorry, I can't remember the name of the villas - we hired it direct from the owner - but the small complex had a pool, a beachfront and was a short walk to the town, restaurants and shops
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 08:40
Natasha If I may suggest, your search is bit too broad - 4 countries. Have you a preference? You need something to drive a preference (language, how you like the food, language etc etc). I have travelled extensively through Italy and France - only a little through Spain and Portugal. All are very child friendly. Italy and France will not be the cheapest options, in Spain and especially Portugal you might find something much cheaper. Also - factor in the internal flights that can be very cheap when booked ahead, or really expensive close to the date. In summary, give us something more to go on so we may advise you?