Kate's dress | ExpatWoman.com

Kate's dress

Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:29
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 08:27
I find her to ba a classic beauty. You really cannot please all and she has taken all this on with grace and elegance.
Latest post on 26 April 2014 - 06:05
I saw these pics before and couldn't think what she reminded me of- now I remember- that lo-co airline from Singapore, with yellow uniforms :p It's ooookay, but not the best she has worn. She has an amazing figure though, no wonder everyone is clamoring to dress her, I get teh comfortable shoe thing, but I wouldn't mind seeing a pair in black or red... I think most of her outfits are okay, though the red number she wore when getting off the plane made me giggle, she looked more like a member of the crew because of that hat! :D George is just adorable. Would love to see that old-style baby clothes make a comeback, I think boys can get away with it more
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:19
Just to add my Christian Louboutins are gorgeous- but after 2 hours of wearing them, I just want to pop me Havanah thongs on! haha....maybe its because I have big feet I dont know. A good, comfy court shoe (especially when working and standing and walking as much as she does) would be ideal Italian made over china made shoes any day - but always go with what is comfy xx
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 10:31
the more expensive the shoe, the better made and therefore more comfortable they are.. This is so NOT true. I fact I'd say the complete opposite - price has zero to do with comfort. Kate looks wonderful. The fact that she wears accessible high street brands as well as designer gear is great. I've had cheap shoes & expensive shoes & everything in between, and in my experience expensive shoes are better cut, better quality leather and have well balanced heels. Given the choice of a pair from New Look or Jimmy Choo, I know which I'd chose!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:11
Before i was fat (BF) i used to love nothing more htan flicking through vogue / Marie claire and would occassionally buy pieces i saw in there.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:10
But dont you see clothes in magazines etc and you think "ooh i love that shirt etc, it would look fab with x, y or z" I dont mean rushing out and buying the same dress and trying to look like teh DoC but sometimes you do buy things you see before as you would wear it differently... and you love it for it (not because x wore it) if that makes sense... A bit ... but I've had the same 'style' since dot, so I see anything, it's more an update to the wardrobe classics than an intro to a new look. And I never EVER buy anything that's had red carpet or even magazine exposure. Heinous. I'd rather get stuff made which I know suits me and my figure and run with that, as I have done for 20 or so years now. But I'm an old. Maybe it comes with the territory. ;)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:07
But dont you see clothes in magazines etc and you think "ooh i love that shirt etc, it would look fab with x, y or z" I dont mean rushing out and buying the same dress and trying to look like teh DoC but sometimes you do buy things you see before as you would wear it differently... and you love it for it (not because x wore it) if that makes sense...
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:05
the more expensive the shoe, the better made and therefore more comfortable they are.. This is so NOT true. I fact I'd say the complete opposite - price has zero to do with comfort. Kate looks wonderful. The fact that she wears accessible high street brands as well as designer gear is great.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 09:03
What is wrong with people though? Her dress sold out in 8 minutes? Do people wait and see what she is wearing and then rush to their computers to buy it?? This. It gives me the willies; the fact that people see this ostensibly ordinary, yet admittedly lovely-looking woman, and then race out to buy her dress. I'm cool about people aspiring to her style, but the same DRESS? Sirriously?! Bizarre. When I was in the market for my end-of-year formal (aka prom) dress, I had it made so I'd know that NO-ONE else at the event would be wearing the same thing. Not that I wanted to draw attention to myself; I just didn't want to be a twin/triplet/etc. I wanted to be myself. I still ... balk at the wannabes who want to wear The Same Dress as someone who's been photographed as heavily as the Duchess. Like no-one is going to notice you've copied her outfit! Yowsers.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 08:52
What is wrong with people though? Her dress sold out in 8 minutes? Do people wait and see what she is wearing and then rush to their computers to buy it??
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 08:50
Love the blue and white wrap dress she's wearing in the latest pics... today i think
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 19:21
I agree about the romper suits. Too cute! Baby George is so adorable. Love the cheeks, babies should be chubby lol.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 19:01
I agree about the romper suits. Too cute!
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 18:27
I say give the girl a break......you will never please everyone all time so might as well please yourself......I think she looks lovely but then I am not a fashion guru. I think George is the best dressed on tour ;) love the old style rompers with the embroidery....hopefully he will start a bit of a fashion trend.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 18:21
Her banana has been peeled at the sleeves it seems. But then I think Kate probably still would look good in a potato sack.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 18:08
Bit of a banana to me, but she still manages to look elegant in almost everything. Love most of the outfits she puts together she has such poise. And the shoes don't bother me, how do we know she doesn't have a new pair for each day, its unlikely she has just one of it.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 17:43
Indeed we do all have one favourite pair of comfy shoes but come on! She's the Duchess of Cambridge for goodness sake, wife of the future king. I certainly wouldn't complain if she wore a different pair of designer shoes each time - she's a fashion icon and could be a fantastic advert for British fashion houses. And anyway, the more expensive the shoe, the better made and therefore more comfortable they are. Yes, she's lovely, but she could do so much better.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 17:25
Never mind the dress, what about her shoes??? I am SICK TO DEATH of seeing her in those boring beige LK Bennett courts. She's a young, beautiful woman not an ageing maiden aunt. On the flip side if she wore a different pair of designer shoes every outing everyone would whinge about the money she flittered away on shoes. Then there would be paparazzi photos of her mangled feet from so many blisters. Seeing as I own a pair of these incredibly comfortable but boring beige LK Bennett courts I will merrily go on my ageing aunt way.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 15:28
I think she looks beautiful!
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 15:26
Yes, but haven't we all got one pair of shoes which are like slippers when you put them on. And for the amount of walking and standing around she does, I bet they come out on top every time.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 15:24
Never mind the dress, what about her shoes??? I am SICK TO DEATH of seeing her in those boring beige LK Bennett courts. She's a young, beautiful woman not an ageing maiden aunt.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:56
which one? the dark blue frayed suit? Yes. Boring.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:48
which one? the dark blue frayed suit?
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:47
I love it. Apart from the dull Sloaney number she wore on her final day in NZ she has looked magnifique all tour.
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:44
bordering on banana for me :)
Latest post on 16 April 2014 - 14:44
Banana or supporting oz? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2605724/Crowds-turn-greet-William-Kate-George-arrive-Australia-ten-day-tour.html Banana. Now I am thinking of the Minions from Despicable Me!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY