Foster homes needed for 30 pure breed Saluki's | ExpatWoman.com

Foster homes needed for 30 pure breed Saluki's

Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 22:00
Is it just foster homes you are looking for? Is there any possibility that I could keep/buy one? If it's just for fostering, how long would that be for?
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 21:17
Going to the UK is a bit of an issue unless the new owner is willing to pay. All dogs entering the UK have to do so as cargo which is really expensive. the easiest and cheapest way to move dogs around is on airlines and into countries that will allow them to travel as excess baggage. I can't see the "higher ups" helping in this case.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 17:05
Bumping....I have had 4 saluki foster doggies (soon moving to my 5th) and they are the sweetest creatures ever. They are very affectionate, love to be petted and fussed over and are calm in the house. I have a 1 bed apartment and 2 dogs and never had any issues They are really easy to look after and a joy to have around. Not to mention they have eyes that will melt your heart!
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 15:25
There are so many of these animal groups. If they consolidated and worked together, they might have a better chance of staying in business.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 15:14
Is there any chance of the shelter remaining in situ to save the dogs? Some years back Feline Friends was in a similar position (as I recall) and the higher ups intervened to let FF remain.......
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 12:06
any going to UK I maybe able to assit?
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 20:47
The rescue organization lost their shelter in UAE. In the past they have successfully relocated and rehomed many saluki's to Europe and the west. They are now looking for travel buddies to help relocate these dogs. All expenses and paperwork will be arranged by them. Below are the list of destinations these dogs need to travel to with origins being from dubai. * Helsinki (Finland) - Copenhagen - Oslo - Stockholm * Frankfurt (Germany) * Nice (Côte d'Azur) (France) * Zürich (Switzerland) * Milano – Torino – Genova - Bologna – Verona – Venezia – Firenze – Pisa - Rome (Italy) Preferred airline would be KLM or Lufthansa (or any other low-budget airline) Anyone traveling to the above destinations and willing to be a travel buddy can contact the rescue organization on [email protected]
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 20:31
Very sad ......shame on those who caused them to end up in the shelter in the first place.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 20:03
The rescue organisation responsible for them lost their backing/premises.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 19:30
how have 30 lost their homes in one go?
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 19:25
Hi We need more animal rights here. This scenario happens way too much. BUMP for this thread. I hope all the pups and dogs get wonderful new homes. Me - I am in an apt with a rule anyone keeping a pet gets evicted immediately.....
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 12:02
30 Saluki's have lost their home and urgent foster / forever homes needed. Please contact the ladies of SOS for Emirates Dogs (UAQ) if you can help in any way. Email is [email protected] Facebook Page: [url=https://www.facebook.com/pages/SOS-for-EMIRATES-DOGS/701969393152041'>link[/url'> <em>edited by ecochic on 17/04/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY