Selling on dubizzle, is this normal?? | ExpatWoman.com

Selling on dubizzle, is this normal??

Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 16:12

I started to post items for sale, the 1st a bed, the 2nd a Washing Machine. I got no further when my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped, the callers asking the same 2 questions re the washer, ie colour and weight of washing. I'm now getting texts offering me daft money. What is it about Washing Machines?

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:52
This takes, the biscuit, currently trying to sell my car and had a couple call who seemed serious, usually I expect viewers to come to me so I don't rack the mileage up, but thought this was serious so took a chance and drove to their location. Let them drive around the area for at least half an hour explaining all the features in the car and when we stopped asked what were their thoughts as we had another viewing later that day. Oh they replied we just wanted to ride around, we are not really sure if we can afford this car. Not heard from them again so guess they were joyriders! Is this normal? No way!! OMG! :-P
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 16:50
I've heard many a sob story on why they should get the item cheaper. One was a brand new pair of boutique 9 heels that we found while moving (still in the box and never worn), very high heel. One woman that was messaging me about them was giving me all sorts of reasons to get them cheaper - distance, she really wanted them, etc. Then her last reason for wanting a discount was that she was heavily pregnant...did have to wonder why she was shopping for high heels if that was the case.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:22
LOL It just puts off the people who aren't serious and just want to go for a joyride. Someone shameless enough to come for a joyride will not be deterred by a notice on an ad. :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:54
After much to and fro a chap came to look at my car. I told him my ' last price ' which he totally ignored and directed his offer , a 1/4 of what I was asking , at my husband. I was so mad that I hopped into the car and said ' I will rather drive it into the sea ' starting it up...... My husband and the buyer were both so stunned, DH seriously thought I had finally flipped.......but got my point across and got my price....
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:26
When it comes to cars, bikes, boats etc always write NO FREE RIDERS. edited by FairyDust on 21/04/2014 Does that mean no test drives ? :) LOL It just puts off the people who aren't serious and just want to go for a joyride.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:15
When it comes to cars, bikes, boats etc always write NO FREE RIDERS. edited by FairyDust on 21/04/2014 Does that mean no test drives ? :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:54
Never EVER put your number on Dubizzle! Always just let people email you, otherwise you will be driven insane by these people. I usually just all the info and if they ask me questions relating to that info I simply state 'it's in the ad!'. You'll still have a person trying to barter over the price as they're wheeling the thing out the door. When it comes to cars, bikes, boats etc always write NO FREE RIDERS. <em>edited by FairyDust on 21/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:50
This takes, the biscuit, currently trying to sell my car and had a couple call who seemed serious, usually I expect viewers to come to me so I don't rack the mileage up, but thought this was serious so took a chance and drove to their location. Let them drive around the area for at least half an hour explaining all the features in the car and when we stopped asked what were their thoughts as we had another viewing later that day. Oh they replied we just wanted to ride around, we are not really sure if we can afford this car. Not heard from them again so guess they were joyriders! Is this normal?
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 14:53
The things that annoys me most with Dubizzle are the callers who ask what's the last price when I have stated not negotiable, then they justify calling by explaining that their budget is not enough, as if that's my problem. Also had one lady ask me to pay for her taxi fare from Sharjah to come view an item! Sorry but that's just funny Yes, really incredible, I actually asked her if she was joking! you should have told her to take one of the flying carpets :)
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 14:50
The things that annoys me most with Dubizzle are the callers who ask what's the last price when I have stated not negotiable, then they justify calling by explaining that their budget is not enough, as if that's my problem. Also had one lady ask me to pay for her taxi fare from Sharjah to come view an item! Sorry but that's just funny Yes, really incredible, I actually asked her if she was joking!
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 13:10
The things that annoys me most with Dubizzle are the callers who ask what's the last price when I have stated not negotiable, then they justify calling by explaining that their budget is not enough, as if that's my problem. Also had one lady ask me to pay for her taxi fare from Sharjah to come view an item! Sorry but that's just funny
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 13:09
This explains so much...
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 10:15
What is with people who sell things for like 30 dirhams? It probably costs more to sell than to just give it away!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 23:23
The things that annoys me most with Dubizzle are the callers who ask what's the last price when I have stated not negotiable, then they justify calling by explaining that their budget is not enough, as if that's my problem. Also had one lady ask me to pay for her taxi fare from Sharjah to come view an item!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 22:45
I started to post items for sale, the 1st a bed, the 2nd a Washing Machine. I got no further when my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped, the callers asking the same 2 questions re the washer, ie colour and weight of washing. I'm now getting texts offering me daft money. What is it about Washing Machines? washing machines, some types of fridges and window air-conditions ..... they are traders, they buy it from you with these prices, then advertise it with free delivery and installation
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 22:36
this is just making me laugh so much - oh you have made me night ;-) people wanting to buy a CAR when I am selling a chest of drawers.... a guy who wanted me to put a fridge in my car and take it to his office...
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 22:04
We have a dedicated number for these purposes. That phone gets switched off all the time except when we are selling something.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 22:02
I started to post items for sale, the 1st a bed, the 2nd a Washing Machine. I got no further when my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped, the callers asking the same 2 questions re the washer, ie colour and weight of washing. I'm now getting texts offering me daft money. What is it about Washing Machines? In the past few weeks I have had: dealers who have guys out in vans in the streets ready to be at your house in 5 mins - they come to buy one thing then ask you for the whole house! I couldnt stop laughing when I read this thank you made my night This just made me laugh sooooooo much people who want me to bring things to a metro station for them AND reduce the price! YES people who cannot read anything at all - why bother putting any measurements on it at all? people wanting to buy a CAR when I am selling a chest of drawers.... a guy who wanted me to put a fridge in my car and take it to his office... BUT on the other hand I have sold to some lovely people over the past few weeks as well and they DO outnumber the weirdos! Tip: Be realistic in your price but add a small amount on to " discount" You could just do the e mail thing and not put up your phone number.. This time used my phone number and think it makes selling easier... Good luck ! Be guided by what prices are up there as well.... <em>edited by jessp on 17/04/2014</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 19:31
When posting on Dubizzle you will always get weirdos. It's normal :) Mark prices up higher than you want too. Helps get rid of the idiots I have another phone for things like this and to give to shops etc so my main phone doesn't receive all the spam calls/texts I like that :) Good idea to have a separate phone for stuff like that.
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 18:16
Selling on Dubizzle is always entertaining. I have had people calling in the middle of the night asking to come over in an hour (2-3am) to view. People calling asking what else I have for sale. People sending me messages like "bring to JBR, I will give you Dhs 50" for something I am selling for dhs 400. People coming to buy one thing and walking round my house pointing at things and asking to buy them too. You tell people you are available only afternoons during the week, they ask if they can come in the morning. I even had one man come look at a pram and when he got here, he said he didn't really want the pram, he just wanted to see the area as he was thinking of buying a house in the area. I once put a broken computer on for free and said it was first come first serve, which people interpreted as the first person to get to my house got it. When I then wouldn't tell anyone my address because I had promised it for free to the first caller who was on his way, I got loads of abuse. People trying to lower the price and thinking offering cash will seal the deal????? I could write Dubizzle stories all evening! The ones who annoy me though are the ones who email you and ask you for picture / color / size when it is all in the advert! Have also had some fantastic Dubizzle customers too. Good Luck!
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 17:21
When posting on Dubizzle you will always get weirdos. It's normal :) Mark prices up higher than you want too. Helps get rid of the idiots I have another phone for things like this and to give to shops etc so my main phone doesn't receive all the spam calls/texts
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 17:03
I started to post items for sale, the 1st a bed, the 2nd a Washing Machine. I got no further when my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped, the callers asking the same 2 questions re the washer, ie colour and weight of washing. I'm now getting texts offering me daft money. What is it about Washing Machines? In the past few weeks I have had: dealers who have guys out in vans in the streets ready to be at your house in 5 mins - they come to buy one thing then ask you for the whole house! people who want me to bring things to a metro station for them AND reduce the price! YES people who cannot read anything at all - why bother putting any measurements on it at all? people wanting to buy a CAR when I am selling a chest of drawers.... a guy who wanted me to put a fridge in my car and take it to his office... BUT on the other hand I have sold to some lovely people over the past few weeks as well and they DO outnumber the weirdos! Tip: Be realistic in your price but add a small amount on to " discount" You could just do the e mail thing and not put up your phone number.. This time used my phone number and think it makes selling easier... Good luck ! Be guided by what prices are up there as well....
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 April 2014 - 16:20
When posting on Dubizzle you will always get weirdos. It's normal :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY