Anyone been through the same? Maid question | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone been through the same? Maid question

Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 00:04

Our maid "missed" her flight on Saturday, according to the travel agent the ticket is not valid anymore as she didn't cancel her booking after missing the flight. I told her clearly over the phone to sort out her mess if she wants to come back, I paid 2500 for her ticket & I'm not ready to pay for another one.

Anyways, she didn't get back to me since then, our secretary tried to contact her but her uae number is switched off & her local number is disconnected. I'm not desperate to have her back, her visa will expire on the 5th of May. If we don't hear from her by Monday, I'm planning to cancel her visa.

Anyone knows the procedure to cancel her residency & get back the deposit?

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 17:07
Thanks all. I'm waiting for the travel agent to get back to me to see of she used the ticket to come back. Her visa will expire on May 5th, we will report her tomorrow.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:21
Yes, I would go to immigration quickly as she could have come back without your knowledge. you need to report her as absconded, however tell the immigration people that she went on holiday to the Philippines and if she has sneaked back in, Perhaps they can refund you the deposit as she is out of the country technically. if someone is in the country and they have absconded, the deposit money is used to buy them a ticket back when they deport them so you don't get it back, however in your case she isnt here so you might be able to get the money back.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 21:50
Yes, I would go to immigration quickly as she could have come back without your knowledge.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 15:30
I think you need to go to Dubai Dept of Residency and Naturalization, and report her as absconded. Sorry I can't help with the specifics. When this happened to me, with my Indonesian maid, my DH had a fantastic office PRO guy who sorted everything out for us.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 11:34
It is a fully refundable 2 way ticket, but she already used it to travel to her country, I have a copy of her passport, her ID is with me & I have a copy of the ticket. I know that I will get the refund, but I want to know how I should start. I was told that I should report her to the police as a run away ? Daisy she is not in the country. She went to her country on vacation but she didn't come back[/quote I would immediately report as her absconded and alert the authorities as if she came back to the country, under her own volition and without your knowledge, and if you have not canceled yourselves as sponsors you will be likely responsible for any of her actions if illegal.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 11:32
What made you think she was from Phillipines Dolley - or was a thread deleted?
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 10:30
& why did I get thumbs down? Looool
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 10:29
Haven't been through it but if she is not on her flight, you can't reach her, she is in her home country, I'd say she is either not coming back or soon contacting you with some kind of sob story (I have read many a maid thread here on EW) I would report her as absconded. I think you need to go to immigration to do that but if I am wrong I stand corrected.
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 10:26
It is a fully refundable 2 way ticket, but she already used it to travel to her country, I have a copy of her passport, her ID is with me & I have a copy of the ticket. I know that I will get the refund, but I want to know how I should start. I was told that I should report her to the police as a run away ? Daisy she is not in the country. She went to her country on vacation but she didn't come back
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 10:21
I meant to ask "do you have her passport?" How can she have her maid's passport if her maid is in the Philippines?
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 08:15
I meant to ask "do you have her passport?"
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 08:14
I know this is too late, but it is best to buy a fully refundable ticket in this situation as many maids do not show up at the airport (ie why the most reliable method is to give them same day notice for their departure and then bring them to the airport and see them thru security yourself). There is a way to report an absconded maid and yes you will get your money back eventually. Lots of time on your end. Do you still have her visa? And copy of airline ticket in her name? Immigration at DXB will give you the next steps.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY