Al safa vets gone ? | ExpatWoman.com

Al safa vets gone ?

Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 19:06

where do you go now with your pets? thanks

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 17:08
Yes that was the number Victoria, thanks for letting us know they are up and running.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:35
I willl try again but thinking of trying the Municipalitly vet in Mirdiff way must be easier for parking etc ... I dont know mayb its me but i didnt get the feel when I spoke to the man
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 22:31
I got through to them first time on 0563205660 to find out exactly where they were, as I needed to pop in and get a new municipality tag for our cat. Is that the number you tried Pinot? The new practice is indeed opposite the ENoc petrol station between Al MAnara and Umm Al Sheif streets, on the right hand side of the road heading towards DUbai (the non beach side). It's a short distance after a big FIrst GUlf Bank building. Parking is a bit tricky. The clinic is on the main road itself as opposed to being on a service road like the old clinic. There are parking spaces (4 directly outside), but they are pay and display, and were full when we went, as were all the spaces further on. We ended up doing a U turn and parking in the petrol station opposite, walking up to the traffic lights and then crossing over. Not sure I fancy that with a cat basket in the height of summer! But I think it will get easier once you are familiar with the location and where to park. There were quite a few spaces alongside a sandy area just before you reach the vets. The receptionist also told me you can park behind the vets (for free) by taking the first right after the practice, then right again and right again. From the outside the building looks bigger than the old premises, but on the inside the waiting/reception area is far more cramped, without the open spacious feel of the old place. Didn't venture Any further though, and assume there must be plenty of space 'behind the scenes'. To me it didn't feel the same and is less convenient, but these are minor points compared to the quality of care.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 12:03
Thanks simples will keep trying.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 11:47
pinotG, I have just come off the phone from them. The second number was answered the first time I tried it, the first number rang out. In case you don't have the exact address, it is Villa 583 on Jumeira Beach Road, between Al Manara and Umm Al Sheif streets, opposite the Enoc petrol station, I was told.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 11:43
Has anyone had any luck using the new vets? I've had no replies to any of the contact numbers, got only links to the newsletter when I emailed for an appointment, and can't for the life of me find where the new place is in Umm Seqeim to at least drop in and try my luck face to face!!!
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 11:05
The reception is still opened at the old Safa vets. You will need to sign a form to transfer your pet records to the new premisces.
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 20:04
I spoke to them today via a mobile number very hard to understand the guy gave up in the end
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 21:08
From what I've heard, the vets from Safa have moved to a new practice: Umm Suqeim Vets. www.usvetcentre.com
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 20:57
thanks will give them a go ;-)
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 20:01
yes - i live walking distance to other vets but drive them to nad al sheba's .
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 19:45
Do you feel they are good as that is closer to me ;-)
Latest post on 18 April 2014 - 19:27
think it's just been renamed. I take my fluff balls to Nad Al Sheba vets

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY