Malaysia Airlines | ExpatWoman.com

Malaysia Airlines

Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 16:57

Good afternoon!

I am planning our next holiday to Thailand. Malaysia Airlines are the cheapest to fly to Phuket. I have never flown with Malaysia Airlines before and I was wondering if anyone can let me know how it is? Are they normally on time, how is the service, etc. This will be a connecting flight which I am not too concerned about since the time between the flights should be enough.

Thank you ladies!

Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 11:05
I flew MH last month to Manila. The flight to KL, supposed to depart at 11pm was cancelled due to technical difficulties. They didn't put us in another flight until 3 pm next day, which was again delayed by an hour. Consequently, all passengers missed their connecting flights. The worst part was, they paid absolutely no respect to our connecting flights. The hotel they provided us in KL (as there was overnight stay) was very shabby, we had to pass immigration, which took more than an hr. I will never fly MH again, willingly. My experiences have been the same, over the last 16 years and it never changed. Nothing worse than sitting on the floor in KL airport with a hot baby with 12 hour delays. In flight service running out of bottled water. Someone else in your bassinet seat. Oh and oh....the hotels and delays make me gag.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 09:36
I flew MH last month to Manila. The flight to KL, supposed to depart at 11pm was cancelled due to technical difficulties. They didn't put us in another flight until 3 pm next day, which was again delayed by an hour. Consequently, all passengers missed their connecting flights. The worst part was, they paid absolutely no respect to our connecting flights. The hotel they provided us in KL (as there was overnight stay) was very shabby, we had to pass immigration, which took more than an hr. I will never fly MH again, willingly.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 09:04
They don't know if it was a mechanical thing though.... True, but the same still applies really, you just never know. There are certain airlines I will never fly with due to their appalling safety records, but Malaysian isn't one of them. Look at Air France and their crash? Mostly mechanical, instrumental and human error.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 09:03
Thank you ladies, Malaysia Airlines it is then :) You are having one of their planes missing and no one knows why! I bet they have some very good deals right now ;-) That's pretty negative. After any incident is probably the best time to fly with an airline as security and procedures will all be under scrutiny and tightened up. Malaysian has one of the best safety records out there. I can't imagine anyone would pay much for a Malaysian Airlines ticket at the moment. Personally wouldn't fly with them even if I got paid for it. At the end of the day, anything can happen to any aircraft at anytime. It's a mechanical thing, they go wrong, it's just sad that when something does happen it's the sheer number involved.You're still far more likely to have an incident a few miles from your own home, than you ever are on a plane. edited by FairyDust on 20/04/2014 Mechanical? Their security is poor, their delays are notorious and quite frankly this was an incident waiting to happen. Clearly their psychometric analyzing was not being implemented properly. Having flown with them a number of times, all that I can say is that I am pleased to now have a real excuse.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 08:56
Thank you ladies, Malaysia Airlines it is then :) You are having one of their planes missing and no one knows why! I bet they have some very good deals right now ;-) That's pretty negative. After any incident is probably the best time to fly with an airline as security and procedures will all be under scrutiny and tightened up. Malaysian has one of the best safety records out there. I can't imagine anyone would pay much for a Malaysian Airlines ticket at the moment. Personally wouldn't fly with them even if I got paid for it. At the end of the day, anything can happen to any aircraft at anytime. It's a mechanical thing, they go wrong, it's just sad that when something does happen it's the sheer number involved.You're still far more likely to have an incident a few miles from your own home, than you ever are on a plane. <em>edited by FairyDust on 20/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 08:36
Thank you ladies, Malaysia Airlines it is then :) You are having one of their planes missing and no one knows why! I bet they have some very good deals right now ;-) That's pretty negative. After any incident is probably the best time to fly with an airline as security and procedures will all be under scrutiny and tightened up. Malaysian has one of the best safety records out there.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 08:02
Thank you ladies, Malaysia Airlines it is then :)
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 07:48
I've flown with Malaysian to Australia and found them excellent. The staff and service are good and friendly.
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 20:30
Good afternoon! I am planning our next holiday to Thailand. Malaysia Airlines are the cheapest to fly to Phuket. I have never flown with Malaysia Airlines before and I was wondering if anyone can let me know how it is? Are they normally on time, how is the service, etc. This will be a connecting flight which I am not too concerned about since the time between the flights should be enough. Thank you ladies! yes they are a pretty good airline.... as long as u are on thru ticket if you miss hte connection they will sort it out for you.
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 19:10
When living in UK we would fly to Australia with Malaysia Airlines. Superb service and very good with children. Nothing was too much to ask for on the flight. On our last trip from Aus to UK on our transit in Kuala Lumpur when we boarded for the leg to UK there was a technical difficulty so all passengers disembarked, vouchers given for food and new plane sorted within 3 hours and on our way again. By the time we'd found a place to eat to use the vouchers we were wolfing down our food to run back to the gate!
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 19:03
Good afternoon! I am planning our next holiday to Thailand. Malaysia Airlines are the cheapest to fly to Phuket. I have never flown with Malaysia Airlines before and I was wondering if anyone can let me know how it is? Are they normally on time, how is the service, etc. This will be a connecting flight which I am not too concerned about since the time between the flights should be enough. Thank you ladies! Malaysia airlines has the same standard as Emirates. Both 4 star airlines. Both good. Less attitude with MH too.
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 18:01
We flew with Malaysia Airlines from Bali to KL last week and I found the service and staff superb. Much better than Asia Airlines who we had the outward flight with- they were a far more budget airline. Malaysia Airlines would be comparable to Ettihad, Emirates, British Airways etc. in that you got offered complimentary food, drinks, blankets etc. Asia Airlines you had to pay for everything including water. Would definitely use them again. : )
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 17:44
Hi there I know what happened... It can happen to any airline, but thank you for your reply. Anybody else flown with them recently? TIA
Latest post on 19 April 2014 - 17:21
You may want to google Malaysian Airlines and catch up on some recent events...... Anywho...I would recommend Singapore Airlines. We just flew with them to Phuket and service was great and price really good. <em>edited by chants39 on 19/04/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY