Erm....How Did I Manage To Get Two Stars?? | ExpatWoman.com

Erm....How Did I Manage To Get Two Stars??

Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:02

Pondering....

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:29
I cant seem thumbs either ;-)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:10
I can't see the thumbs at all - any idea why? Yes it depends on the browser you're using. I can get them at home using google, but not with this laptop's version of ie. Ahhhh that explains it! Thank you!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 10:08
It should be the result of green thumbs minus red thumbs .... And they should have it listed somewhere so we know how the system works... They really should, especially after all the threads that have been started just to "ponder" the issue!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 09:32
I can't see the thumbs at all - any idea why? Yes it depends on the browser you're using. I can get them at home using google, but not with this laptop's version of ie.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:53
I can't see the thumbs at all - any idea why?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:53
It should be the result of green thumbs minus red thumbs .... And they should have it listed somewhere so we know how the system works... But as Fairydust rightly says, it's all meaningless anyway as most people will be thumbing the poster rather than the post ... I prefer the way other forums do it. There's no option to 'unlike' something, only a 'like' button for the post and a 'thanks' button where people can leave feedback and that contributes to reputation. Thumbs Up and Down aren't particularly constructive IMHO Couldn't agree more... In fact, I knew a forum a while ago that started with this "kudos" option thing (similar to the thumbs) and once the novelty of downgrading people you didn't like wore off the members voted to scrap it !! lol
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:50
It should be the result of green thumbs minus red thumbs .... And they should have it listed somewhere so we know how the system works... But as Fairydust rightly says, it's all meaningless anyway as most people will be thumbing the poster rather than the post ... I prefer the way other forums do it. There's no option to 'unlike' something, only a 'like' button for the post and a 'thanks' button where people can leave feedback and that contributes to reputation. Thumbs Up and Down aren't particularly constructive IMHO
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:40
It should be the result of green thumbs minus red thumbs .... And they should have it listed somewhere so we know how the system works... But as Fairydust rightly says, it's all meaningless anyway as most people will be thumbing the poster rather than the post ...
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 08:00
what is this all about stars blah blah ? I guess it's like a rating system to see which posts get more likes or unlikes and that translates into credibility. Sadly falls down when certain people give the 'thumbs down' anyway just because they might not like a certain poster - this is now blatantly obvious. The thumbs down don't seem to count, only the thumbs up.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 06:53
what is this all about stars blah blah ? I guess it's like a rating system to see which posts get more likes or unlikes and that translates into credibility. Sadly falls down when certain people give the 'thumbs down' anyway just because they might not like a certain poster - this is now blatantly obvious. Absolutely, you see some posts red thumbed when the content is just factual or a simple question. I cannot see the point. Anyway I am not using them either way.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 06:31
what is this all about stars blah blah ? I guess it's like a rating system to see which posts get more likes or unlikes and that translates into credibility. Sadly falls down when certain people give the 'thumbs down' anyway just because they might not like a certain poster - this is now blatantly obvious.
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:40
what is this all about stars blah blah ?
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:21
You got over a hundred and fifty green thumbs on the 'shaking with fury' thread alone, you should have 3 stars! Seriously?? Runs off to check..... Oh - seems to have been pulled...:-( edited by SJ1968 on 20/04/2014 Well at least you still have the stars your earned on that thread even if its gone!
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:14
You got over a hundred and fifty green thumbs on the 'shaking with fury' thread alone, you should have 3 stars! Seriously?? Runs off to check..... <em>edited by SJ1968 on 20/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 April 2014 - 20:12
You got over a hundred and fifty green thumbs on the 'shaking with fury' thread alone, you should have 3 stars!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY