Personal Credit Card | ExpatWoman.com

Personal Credit Card

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:06

Hi everyone, DH runs his own business and I am a SAHM, he's been trying to apply for a credit card but with no luck as the company is still quite new (less than a year). Have any of you managed to get a credit card without salary certificate? Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:47
I bank with Emirates Islamic as well so thanks for the info wickedangel. We too would pay 100% each month to avoid the interest/fixed fee. I'll go into the bank and check this week. With Emirates Islamic there is an application fee, but there is no renewal fee. We have the skywards platinum one.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 18:31
I bank with Emirates Islamic as well so thanks for the info wickedangel. We too would pay 100% each month to avoid the interest/fixed fee. I'll go into the bank and check this week.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 16:47
If you have some cash to spare a fixed deposit would work. I have a fixed deposit at Emirates Islamic bank & my credit card is secured by the deposit. They give you around 70-80% credit from the value of the fixed deposit. Or you can go for mashreq millionaire certificates & you can ask for a credit card with no issues. I use the credit card a lot for skyward points & I pay 100% each month to avoid paying interest/ fixed fee.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:43
Thanks Prettyperfect, I'll check out Mashreq. Just having a look now at the e-dirham cards so thanks for that suggestion too and thanks Alismum for the link! :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:36
Dear OP I have the NBAD card - blue and its called the e-dirham card. I mention the colour because they have different types and the blue one enables online purchases. I applied for it at NBAD using my Emirates ID and passport. They ask for original passport - no idea why. Received it same day. Loaded it at the ATM and I use it for everything. I can check my account online and top up whenever I need. If you wanted a credit card - I know it's very difficult to obtain one as an SME, my husband and I struggled to get one and eventually gave up. I know Mashreq has a special service if I remember correctly but it was such a tedious process and our business took off real quick so we never really needed a credit facility. Here's the e-dirham card (for the OP) [url=https://www.edirhamg2.ae/en/CardsAvailability.html'>link[/url'> Thanks for that I'm going to get myself one of those. <em>edited by Alismum on 21/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:29
Dear OP I have the NBAD card - blue and its called the e-dirham card. I mention the colour because they have different types and the blue one enables online purchases. I applied for it at NBAD using my Emirates ID and passport. They ask for original passport - no idea why. Received it same day. Loaded it at the ATM and I use it for everything. I can check my account online and top up whenever I need. If you wanted a credit card - I know it's very difficult to obtain one as an SME, my husband and I struggled to get one and eventually gave up. I know Mashreq has a special service if I remember correctly but it was such a tedious process and our business took off real quick so we never really needed a credit facility.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:22
From what I understand with the visa one, you need to go to one of the banks listed e.g NBD/RAK (if you click on apply now you get a list of Dubai Banks that do them) and request one, give your money e.g 5k and they give you credit card loaded with 5k. Not sure about the ones that are mentioned in the GN article, it does say that you can obtain one from C4 or the petrol station. Wonder if anyone has one and how you do top ups, do you just go back to C4 with card and your money? I've only just started looking into one because I need to renew my sons passport and DH doesn't want to use his card online. so I think yes it''s more like a prepaid debit card. <em>edited by Alismum on 21/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:13
Great suggestions thanks so much. Is it basically a debit card but without the money being debited from your account instead being prepaid? :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:13
What about a prepaid credit card for the moment until the company is established? I have been thinking about getting myself one. [i'>A major draw for prepaid cards is that it takes only minutes to get one and there’s no need for users to go through lengthy applications and credit cheques. Adding to their convenience, most prepaid card products can be obtained over the counter and used right away[/i'> from here http://gulfnews.com/business/your-money/prepaid-cards-a-guide-1.1170214 visa prepaid credit card http://www.visamiddleeast.com/ae/en-ae/personal/cards/visaprepaid.shtml <em>edited by Alismum on 21/04/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 12:11
I have found that banks want a salary certificate for everything. Maybe you can get one of the charge em up credit cards.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY