ideas for table centrepieces for an event | ExpatWoman.com

ideas for table centrepieces for an event

Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 16:17
what about something related to the reggae band. Like make mini reggae drums.
Latest post on 22 April 2014 - 16:02
thank you for all the replies/ideas. Much appreciated. :-)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 17:34
I found some gift bags with maps printed on them the other day. She could use that, punch a few holes in them and put a candle in the middle (like a paper lantern ;) Also can use second hand geography books, cut shapes in old maps, roll printed maps around cans and use as a vase / display, do pyramids shapes on various sizes with maps or geography book pages and arrange like a mountain chain on the center of the table, You can also find paper lantern which are already printed with maps. hth
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 15:59
wow! just back from school pick up and seen all your suggestions! thanks so much ;-) - geography is not the most exciting subject when it comes to centre pieces I guess (although it's a fab subject) at least she's not organising the Law society ball.... mind you I wonder what the suggestions would have been for the Psychiatry Society... or the Applied animal behaviour society..lol
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 14:11
What about a globe or map. Everyone gets different coloured pins to stick in the top three countries they have visited and the top three they would like to visit. Good for sparking conversations.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:45
I've got it!!!!!!! A Wellington boot!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:41
how about a vase with layers of coloured sand and some night lights on top
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:37
inflatable earth globes?? or something equally cheap and chirpy like blue paper lanterns with green continent cutouts (to represent the earth) or a stack of geography textbooks with a battery operated reading lamp in the centre? or perhaps a framed 'interesting facts' sheet with specific facts about various countries in the world or of geographical events?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:32
How about some crystals - like the amethyst things you see in the stalls in malls.... if you know what i mean . That comes under ROCKS, crystals comes under my first thoughts.
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:31
How about some crystals - like the amethyst things you see in the stalls in malls.... if you know what i mean .
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:31
Something with mini globes? With music, water and light? lol
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:30
Something with mini globes?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:30
Ha! To OP depends how way out there she wants to go, sounds as if she has done an amazing job so far, so maybe just something fun that represents the time they have shared. What about a collage of photo's from their time together in a stand up format shape (prism etc). Or something along those lines?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:26
Did i mention music coming from feature as well? Now you are just being silly kittycat :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:21
Did i mention music coming from feature as well?
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:21
rock waterfall with lights! and thunder!!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:19
rock waterfall with lights!
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:17
how about those little rock waterfall thngs....
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:15
a ROCK
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 13:14
Hi - my daughter who is a student at university back in the uk has volunteered to organise the end of year ball for the Geography society at her uni. She's done really well so far with venue, band, add-ons like organising a chocolate fountain, photo booth etc the only thing she's asked me for some ideas on is what to do for table centre pieces (15 tables of 10 people) does anyone have any suggestion for an inexpensive but effective idea they might have seen at a function? , the band is a reggae band... but there does not have to be a specific theme. She does have a small budget at her disposal... Thanks in advance for any ideas or starting point I could pass on to her. :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY