Constantly getting the flu | ExpatWoman.com

Constantly getting the flu

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 14:00

Hello,

Since Feb my DH, DD and I keep getting the flu.. it would start with my DH, then my DD would get it, then i would get it.. and then again my DH, DD then me.. it has been happening since Feb and we are not catching a break from it.. it's like a viscious circle

it's really making us miserable and the doctors are just giving us antibiotics and it is not doing anything.. we can't keep popping pills also.. my DH and DD are at the doctors now this second to get checked again...we're seriously sick and tired of this..

does anyone have any idea what it could be?? could it be the Central AC?? the house..?? please help

Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 16:19
thank you all so much for the feedback.. about antibiotics not working.. i totally agree.. i don't know why doctors here keep prescribing them.. we just wanted to try everything to get it over with you know.. it gets so irritating.. and being stuck at home is really not fun.. we keep thinking it's mold somewhere but can't seem to find out where it is.. we called the AC people to come and clean our ACs but they never show up.. will try again.. we keep taking vitamens, honey with cinamon.. juicing.. it's just not leaving our BODIES.. my poor DD 19 months old and yesterday and today her temperature spiked to 39.5... the doctor again perscribed antibiotics.. and DH kept telling him this will not work.. please just do blood tests.. and just by mentioning this.. they put both my DH and DD in quarantine thinking it was MERS and wanted to send an ambulance to take them to Khalifa hospital.. i could hear my DD screaming her head off.. i just wanted to leave work and head out.. he did call 15 mins later telling me they calmed down and let them out.. im seriously starting to freak out.. we're thinking of moving houses.. ill definitely try the onion trick today.. ill do anything for this flu to leave us alone.. we're sick and tired of it.. pun intended..
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 15:27
My Mum uses the onion trick. Slice an onion's tip and head off and leave in a bowl. Would suggest to place a few around the house. Apparently it absorbs the germs. She swears by it. Which reminds me I have to place a few around the house. Despite having flu shots I have a raging cold. I blame it on the A/C but then that is just me :)
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 14:21
the AC is possibly a contributing factor... reason being that the air you breath is being circulated around the house (and at the same time the germs are also being spread centrally) I remember all the kids on our apartment floor catching chicken pox from my DD just through the AC ducts... she was never in contact with any of them from one week before she was detected up until three weeks after detection so it must have spread that way! getting your AC professionally cleaned will help but more to ensure that the environment is dust free... but if any of you catches a fresh inhalant virus chances are that it will spread again... best is to strengthen your body with natural supplements... lots of vitamin C, etc. and also to practice better hygiene at home... make sure everyone washes hands regularly, especially after any contact with nose/mouth/sneeze... also what I've found works well in our house is if the infected person walks around wearing a mask...
Latest post on 21 April 2014 - 14:10
Antibiotics wont work on flu. Are you sure its not something else??? Do you have any gas appliances in your home or any mold?? <em>edited by salsB on 21/04/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY