Doha Visa Pocess | ExpatWoman.com

Doha Visa Pocess

Latest post on 24 April 2014 - 11:27

With continous delay in visa process, I tend to be getting off Doha before even starting.
It has been nearly two months within the immigration department and still "Visa is under process" as informed by the employer.
Any similar experience?

Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 12:16
Hi schoorls, We came in April 2013 and my kids were able to enrol for the last term while they were on visitors visas. At the time we had not even applied for our rps. However, I now understand that this and many other rules about enrolling in schools have changed. I believe that kids can now only start in the September, although I have heard of someone that went to the SEC with their employer and argued their case and won. A friend moved here in January and two of her kids got a place in school but her third didn't. She was given a place after 5-6 weeks, but again I have heard that that will not happen in the new year. The requirements and systems required to enrol kids seems to change with every person you talk to. My advise would be to contact the school in question (every day if necessary) until someone gives you the answers or at least points you in the right direction. On another note, a wife under her husbands sponsorship can work, they just need a no objection letter from their husband. Hope this helps, Jen
Latest post on 11 July 2014 - 12:08
Hi Sanap, I saw a query posted on a facebook page last week about storage and a company called North Ocean Co was recommended. The number is 44374437. Might be worth giving them a call.
Latest post on 10 July 2014 - 07:49
Hello Ladies, Thought I would check in on the visa timeline. We're still waiting, been told it has been applied... I don't believe them. :) We've been talking to movers and seems based on the stuff we have (with a baby) we will need to pay for a full container which will be 50% empty! Question - Has anyone moved with a container loaded with stuff (no furniture) for HMC, if so, where did you store your things until final accommodation was worked out? We will initially be staying at the Guest house until we get our final accommodation, wondering what to do in case stuff gets there while we are still in the guest house? This keeps getting more interesting every day... :) Look forward to hearing from you all.
Latest post on 27 June 2014 - 04:58
Hello ladies, This is my first post to the forum. I have been an expat for the past 13 years and now we are relocating to Doha (YAY,,NOT!). I have done my homework and my critical questions which I haven't found answers for are: 1- If most expats and their families need to go through a residency marathon, would schools usually accept children enrolled under visit visa (residency to be) kind of status? 2- Assuming the first scenario is negative, would schools accept paying for tuition and joining later during the year as of when a residency have been granted for the family and therefore the children? 3- I have done some research and there are few schools that I applied for (knowing surely that it is too late) , but how likely it is that schools call you during the school year to inform you of a potential space? 4- Can children move from school to another during an academic year in Doha? I am aware this is possible in Dubai (no comparison) but still it is good to learn from the ladies who have been in Doha for a long time. 5- If a wifey landed in Doha on the family residency basis, can she still be hired by firms in Doha? I appreciate your responses indeed ! Regards, S
Latest post on 24 June 2014 - 09:13
Ladies I have been silently following your journeys and its so good to know that you are all eventually getting through this. We are still waiting for our visa to come through so we can get moving. Its just so hard to organize the whole family, schools, packing etc when everything is still so unclear. I feel like I'm in no-mans land at the moment :( . I would love to meet with you all once we all eventually get to Doha to celebrate making it past first base :) Congrats to all who've made it!
Latest post on 24 June 2014 - 06:54
Congratulations Aspen, see you on the dark side... some day.. when our visa is processed! :) Do keep in touch once you get there, I am hoping I can learn from your experience to use whatever I can. I am really curious to hear about their "Guest House" and Barwa city. We were told our visa was applied in the first week of May but I honestly do not believe them so would rather wait than get my hopes up. We're hoping for a September start date but would not mind it moving to October as I really want to enjoy Toronto summers and Fall before we move. Marycatherine - How I wish we were there in Ramadan. We're a muslim family and the 17 hour fast will be HARD in Toronto. I am home with the baby on Maternity leave but will be a challenge this year... at least all the locals in Qatar will be at the same pace during the month! Over here it can get hard to keep up with everyone even though people are super supportive!
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 09:00
Hey Marycatherine, I totally understand what you are trying to say,slower process in Ramadan, yet nothing I can do but waiting! Aspenmom, good luck with ur move and hope u get to settle down soon!
Latest post on 23 June 2014 - 08:38
Just an FYI in case you're not aware - Ramadan starts next week and regular business/shop timings etc. change. It can take longer to get things done than usual so pack loads of patience. I don't know if you have lived in the GCC before but you should be aware of things like no eating/drinking in public between dawn/sunset - that includes in your car, not even water. Most restaurants will be closed during the day. There will be some who offer take away/delivery. Some of the big hotels will have one restaurant open for guests that can be sheltered from the public areas/lobbies of the hotel. Your husband's employer/HR dept should be able to advise on other matters that may affect your settling in during Ramadan.
Latest post on 22 June 2014 - 23:08
Hi Sanap and Rosette, We received our visa after 7 weeks. Then of course they wanted my husband to be there right away. We have been homeless for about two weeks only so it has not been too bad. Will be flying to Doha next week. I hope you get your visa soon. Best wishes
Latest post on 22 June 2014 - 11:08
Hey Sanap, Still waiting and told its still under process. For now, I believe that my docuemtns are not submitted to MOI yet. how is it at ur end?
Latest post on 22 June 2014 - 10:00
Hmm I assume everyone is still waiting on the visa? Aspen - Any luck? I remember you were going to be homeless in 3 weeks time, hope things worked out.
Latest post on 29 May 2014 - 17:39
Thank you Happy-feet for the input. Well I hold both degrees as DDS and MSc. My post in Doha is a Medical Manager. Both certificates were submitted as part of the documents required by the employer HR. Yet, cnt find a reason for such delay!
Latest post on 29 May 2014 - 13:10
Hi Rosette My answer may not be hundred percent relevant to your problem but thought to add my 2 cents. DH got through his visa process quite smoothly and received his RP within 15 days but when he applied for family visa for me and DD, it was rejected. When he went to meet the officer he found out that his post was manager for which he needed BE (Bachelor of Engineering) degree. DH after completing his BE, has also done MBA (Masters in Business Administration). When he was asked to submit his highest degree certificate, he obviously submitted MBA certificate and not BE certificate. The MBA certificate is awarded as Diploma in Post Graduate Management..... The Qatari officer who had checked his certificates earlier and rejected the family visa, thought his degree and job is mis-matching, because he has a diploma and working in a post which requires bachelor’s degree. I think he did not bother to read after diploma, where post graduate is clearly mentioned in DH’s MBA certificate. When DH met the present officer he explained that he already has a graduate degree and MBA is actually a post graduate degree. Now the visa is cleared and i and DD are travelling on 14th June. This may not be your case but thought it might be helpful to someone. Bye and best of luck.
Latest post on 29 May 2014 - 09:07
Aspenmom, u will need the Applicatioin number which is only given to HR personnel in order to track the visa. I wouldnt ask for it as this might raise a flag of trust between two parties. However, I understand ur frustration. My UAE residence visa will expire soon while I have conveyed this to HMC management. All I got was, sorry we are still waiting for ur visa!
Latest post on 29 May 2014 - 09:03
Aspenmom, I believet hat u shouldnt get to that step (passport entry and nationality) until the visa itself is approved. Lalala, I am not sure if it is within HMC itself as I have received an email from the head of department within HMC informing me that they have followed up with the Immigration office. They were informed that the visa is still under process.Some ppl say that female visa takes longer than that for male?! I am not sure who to believe now :(
Latest post on 28 May 2014 - 19:05
Aspenmom - it is unlikely that the delay is actually with the Ministry of Interior. A work visa can be issued in a matter of days (and maybe less with some pushing). The delay will be related to the internal HMC approval process. I wouldn't worry - things will move very quickly once they start to move.
Latest post on 28 May 2014 - 18:25
Thanks Rosette. BTW did you try to track your visa status on the ministry of interior website? You will only need to enter the nationality and passport number. My husband tried yesterday and it says visa not found. He was so disappointed as he was told two days ago by the employer that it is expected any time now. Good luck with everything.
Latest post on 27 May 2014 - 08:15
Im sorry to hear that Aspenmom. I believe you are not the only one. I am almost 3 months waiting - still in process! We are all in the same boat:(
Latest post on 26 May 2014 - 17:44
Have been waiting for my husband's visa for a little bit over 6 weeks. HMC says its in process! We will be officially homeless in 3 weeks.
Latest post on 25 May 2014 - 21:47
Thanks for the update. Ours was applied early May, so I guess I should cross off moving by end of August.The issue is we're putting up our place for rent starting September, might be homeless in own city. Keep us posted on how things go.